honey as a rooting hormone !!!

Gfarmer

hey everyone, i was at a friends house today to check out his garden andd help him with a few thing's like usual and he showed me something that i found quite interesting. he had to take some clones and we where discussing a video on superthrive for clones and he told me something he uses with great success and its actually simple and cheap as can be and he claims it works better then even store bought rooting hormone. and what that is , is honey he takes a small dish puts alittle honey in the bottom then dips the base of the clones stem in the honey just as you would with rooting gel and then places the cutting in the peat pucks.

at first i was alittle weary so when i got home i decided to look up the use of honey as a rooting hormone replacement in gardening and it turns out that it is used commonly, so far i have heard reviews saying it's just as good a rooting gel or that its better and a few that say that while its affective the rooting gel's that you can buy are better, even tho rooting gel isn't all that exspensive i figured if it works its worth sharing because growing in general can be quite costly so any bucks you can save is good in my books. i dont know exactly why it works but i would love to hear other's opinion's before i test it out but its just good to know that there's something where if i wanna take some clones and i don't have any rooting gel around there's something cheap and easily available that you don't need to go to a garden center or a hydroponic shop to pick up.

anyways here's a little video i found on you tube where a guy test's rooting gel vs honey and his result's.

• Like 2

coconut water eh i could imagen that would work because i no that coconut oil is considered an natural anti bacterial agent which i am pretty sure is a plus when rooting clones i believe. altho i could be incorrect as my growing techniques don't involve cloning because i just don't have space to work with them i barely have space for my flowering plants but it's something i wanna learn more about it. but i know that the honey does work because my friend is a super talented grower and he wouldent use it unless it had a positive effect because he can afford rooting hormone's unlike me who has to pinch ever peeny at the moment.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...