What is the Best Eq to Photograph Plants

URBANNINJA

Hi Hunters....

Im getting a bit sick of Shooting Pics from the Growrooms and Ladys with my Cellphone Cam. Even she has a gd Quality but i am not Happy at all. So i thought to start a Thread about Best Gear for Plant Photography,where Newbees can Ask Pros bout Eq or like in my Case just some advices for Buying nes Cam with Setup...its better to ask Pros then waste a lot of Money :D

So my Question is: What Cam and Lenses would you recommend for Plant Shootings......my Budged is planned round 1000.- for Cam(kit),Flash and Makro Lense.........im thankfull for any Infos......

Blessings Ninjah

good luck man hope you'll find something :) I ain't a pro in photography so won't give you wonrg advices ^^

Only cameras i know are the weel known D5 D7 E65 etc.. classics and always worth a look i think but might be expensive ^^

Good luck bro

Thx Dust..... i was thinking of a Canon Eos 600D but i saw Nikon got some awesome Stuff in that Pirce Category too. Like with Seed Orders or Grow Eq a Hard descision cause it should work some Time over here. At least it Should be SLR CAm Priceclass for the Kit and Body round 400-500 euros and i planned 500 for Lenses Flash ect.

• 1 month later...

I have got an Sony Alpha older and newer model and both just Blow me away each Phota i make :) The Lens of Handy Cameras is just to Smal to bring it Sharp throgh all the Leafs.

And I rather would buy a Industrial MH Lamp for 50€ than ah Flashmodule for the Camera for horrend ammount of Money.

Tell us when u decided what u buy :D

And if u want i can upload some Shots from the Sonys just tell me :)

So cause here nobody knows little about Cameras i may can help a little ^^

First of all never ever we take a Photo when HPS light is on. This will never give us authentic and good Photos.

For best results we need a Flat and Black or White Backwall behind the Fotographed Obstacle.

Then we need a Steady hold for the Camera, best sure is an Stativ for the Camera.

Then we need to switch the Camera Output Filetype from JPG to RAW. This lets the camera save lot more Information who are very important for the later coming lightbalance and color sttings.

If you have done all thet ur Ready to take asskick Photos of ur Plants.

For maroshots you will need a MacroLens for uf Camera what Type of Camera u Buy is absolutly ur choice bcause for every Camerabrand u have lots of Macrolenses whitch are good. So take what ever u like.

Sorry for my not at all perfect English i hope ur able to understand it ;)

Some Photo for u from my Sony Alpha taken with the advises from above :)

Note: These Phostos where Shot Whit a Sony Alpha with the Standard Lense on it.

Edit: Sorry for the Tag its not Papaya the Strain its Wappa forgot to update the Tag ^^

post-21258-0-21476300-1363792777.jpg

post-21258-0-59554400-1363792783.jpg

lol sorry i read the ? wrong. when i saw eq i thought u ment equalization. didnt realize till after u ment equipment. i use a cannon power shot sd140is. for macro i got a cheapo usb from china that works fine. its not as good as a real cam with a good lens but for 20$ u cant beat it

• 2 weeks later...

Yes RAW is not to View or upload it is a raw Photo with all depht and Colorinfos in it, it is 100% to edit and get the perfectauthentic Colors on ur Pic.

I really recommand Adobe Lightroom to Edit ur Photos it cost arraound 100$ with lifetime updates :) so i think thats a good Price and avery good Program.

But i need to say if u only use a Netbook its better to just stai in JPG Format and let them how they are.

and get the perfectauthentic Colors on ur Pic.

perfectauthentic Colors give CСD. RAW helps very little when it comes to true color, especially when CMOS from Nikon,it is give very empty color, especially in the red region of the spectrum. Canon CMOS though looks attractive but too am feeling that the colors are not very natural. RAW can really help when you start to editing photo and know what you do, it other cases it is make little sens and take more space for photo.