Attention Color Blind Growers

Hey guys and gals. I live on a farm and my wife's cousin is a color blind farmer. I was talking with him over the summer when the corn and bean crops were growing and he pointed out that they needed nutes. I asked him how does he know that, they looked nice and green to me. He replied, "You can't see the yellow patches in the leaves?" I said no... What yellow... Then I remembered he was color blind.

So we started talking about his "defect". As a pot grower, I don't see his color blindness as a defect. I see it as a blessing. So I thought I would post this topic and see what other growers are color blind and how it helps them in their grows.

So if you are color blind, please chime in... I'm very curious to see if our top growers are color blind or just plain good at growing pot :)

That's why I posted in the Guru section.. Thanks and happy growing :)

Yeah we it's a nice thinking :) And i guess by applying the corect filter on a plant picture you can probably achieve the same results, is he color blinf like all colors? or he just see other colors like REd/Green, don't know what the name is in english sorry ^^

But thanks for sharing will be nice to see if others can answer :)

• Like 1

I never thought of that. Could be truth in that or he is just a good farmer that really know his plants?

We do have a few colour blind because not to long ago Fuzzy posted a way to change colours on web pages for those that was colour blind.

Sorry it took me so long to reply... I had replied yesterday, but lost my internet connection when I went to post. :angry:

Is Fuzzy color blind? Can you post me a link to fuzzy's post?

Thanks Tokage...

Yeah we it's a nice thinking :) And i guess by applying the corect filter on a plant picture you can probably achieve the same results, is he color blinf like all colors? or he just see other colors like REd/Green, don't know what the name is in english sorry ^^

But thanks for sharing will be nice to see if others can answer :)

Huh, I might have to play around with my camera setting and see what happens. Nice thought Dust...

He's color blind in the reds and greens...

And yeah, I hope others will chime in so I can read there replies... Thanks Dust...

• Like 1

id agree with your bud seeing things diff. i painted cars for years and m lights in the both effected what my pa9int looked like so had to mix it and mach it outdoor under the su for natural lighting or spend 60 buck for a 6 foot flouro tube to be natural sun colours. ...and males are way more color blind than females

Yeah, he's my wife's cousin and I know all to well that the mother carries the gene to the male's mostly. I've actually never heard of a color blind female...

But my wife's brother is also color blind. But he's nobody to ask about growing, he works for the Federal Gov. :)

I see, and sounds like your a good painter too.

Comparing a bulb to the sun huh? Speaking of that, I was looking in my tent yesterday and for some reason, I looked up at my 1000 watt HID bulb. Guess what? I went blind for a min... :) So it's sorta like the sun lol...

I see we're bouncing back and forth between threads... Nice talking with you F.V.K

I'm colour blind, reds and greens. I can see colour etc. but reds and greens merge and muddle. Red and green derivatives like purple, mauve, rust colours, browns can be difficult to differentiate in some lights. I've never noticed what was mentioned here and have actually worried about NOT noticing colour changes due to nutritional deficiency or sickness.

My freinds all keep their weed in green or red bags so I can't find it!! %) :)

• Like 1

I have also looked to see if I could find Fuzzy's web filter for colour blindness, but could not find it.

So instead here is a couple of links I found for colour blind web filters

a web filter for many different types of colour blindness http://colorfilter.wickline.org/

a filter that lets non-colour blind people to see what colour blindness looks like http://www.vischeck.com/vischeck/

Peace

Lams

• Like 1

I'm colour blind, reds and greens. I can see colour etc. but reds and greens merge and muddle. Red and green derivatives like purple, mauve, rust colours, browns can be difficult to differentiate in some lights. I've never noticed what was mentioned here and have actually worried about NOT noticing colour changes due to nutritional deficiency or sickness.

My freinds all keep their weed in green or red bags so I can't find it!! %) :)

Thanks for chiming in Exodus :) And hilariousness man...

So during any of your grows, have you had many or any problems growing ? How about @ harvest time. How do your trichs look to you? Or do you harvest by another method? I suppose these questions sound pretty stupid huh? Do you have a photo album here I could look through? Just want to see how they look :)

Thanks again Exodus...

I have also looked to see if I could find Fuzzy's web filter for colour blindness, but could not find it.

So instead here is a couple of links I found for colour blind web filters

a web filter for many different types of colour blindness http://colorfilter.wickline.org/

a filter that lets non-colour lind people to see what colour blindness looks like http://www.vischeck.com/vischeck/

Peace

Lams

Thanks lamsbread. I appreciate you looking and throwing up a few links.. This example from your link is awesome. I always wondered what color blind people see. Amazing :)

The world.

How the world looks to a person with a red/green color deficit (deuteranopia).

How the world looks to a person with a blue/yellow color deficit (tritanopia). earthNorm.jpgearthDeutan.jpgearthTritan.jpg

Some colorful hats.

As seen by a person with deuteranopia. As seen by a person with protanopia, another form of red/green deficit. hats_norm_big.jpghats_deutan_big.jpghats_protan_big.jpg

This is an Ishihara plate commonly used to check for red/green color blindness

This is what a red/green color-blind person might see. Note that the digit (3) is practically invisible. ishihara_norm_big.jpgishihara_deut_big.jpg

People with color deficiencies may have difficulty distinguishing certain colors (e.g., a red/green color deficiency means that reds and greens are more difficult to distinguish). But as this photo demonstrates, many other colors are just as distinguishable to a person with a color deficiency as to someone with normal color vision.

Poppies and cyclamen.

Protanope.

Tritanope. poppies.jpgpoppies_protan.jpgpoppies_tritan.jpg

• Like 1