Nug of the month contest - The official contest .. August 2010 (Ended August 2010)

biggreenbuds

nig%20of%20month%20revised.jpg

We are now accepting nominations for the nug of the month contest

Please submit a photo of your best nug ( there is a seperate contest for plants. ) The nug must be your own, either purchased or grown. Personally i would like to hear about the strain ... taste, potency, color, aroma, weight ? and anything else you will share.

Once all nominations are in we will all start to vote for a winner, we will keep the contest going until the last day of the month.

The winner will recieve a badge that says ... Nug of the month winner.

Rules :

1. Entrys must include original photos of your own nug. The nug photo may include several nugs or a cola.

2. Entrys must include only photos of the nug, but you may add one photo for a reference point for size or a close up A.K.A macro shot

3. Maximum of 2 photos per member. You CAN NOT update or change or delete your photos through out the month. Once you have entered you have entered.

4. Make sure you upload your photos to the strain hunters server.

5. The nugs must be dry and in ready to smoke form they can not still be alive or on a plant.

6. Self-nominations only !!!!!!

7. No videos people just pictures.

If you do not read the rules and your entry is not in compliance with the rules... your entry will be taken down and you can not enter again till the next contest.

Hope everyone enjoys the contest and plays fair Smile

Good luck everyone

Super Skunk from my Super Shed ;)

Sam_1040Small.jpg

Sam_1045Small.jpg

First rough cut. After a week I'll cut it a little tighter, but she's beautiful. What's so crazy is that I took her for dead 2 month ago. My back was out, and I had just moved my plants to my new grow area, but I didn't have the lights hung, only the sky light.

She seemed to have taken it the worse, but really came around once she started budding.

Here is my entry for the month.

The strain is Bubba Kush. I have had these buds curing for 6.5 months now and i just took them out of the closet to smoke. They have a very stinky smell to them which i would describe as a sweet, earthy , almost moldy smell. This stuff is very potent shit i try to only smoke it at night as during day i dont get anything done. nugs are between 1 gram - 3.3 grams.... Very colorful buds. Trichomes are mostly all amber. the outsides are kind of trashed as they have been falling off during the long cure.

hope you all enjoy them :)

enter.JPG

enter1.JPG

~Bgb

• 2 weeks later...

Well, they are all nice! And i wish i could pick from a stash filled with these buds all the time! But i need to choose one...

And i'd go for the butcher's nug!!!! You have my vote, i don't even remember when did i last see soo mouthwatering bud ! Jah bless your caregiver!

well it looks like everyone already started voting before i closed the contest but eh we will get it together one day :) lol

once again the contest is getting better each month and everyone has great entries ...

this is gonna be a hard one as i cant choose between ... fuzzy , jay ryan or ketamenta ... they are all such great entries and so is the butchers but eh iv seen bubba kush to many times :x ... fuzzy your nug just looks mouth watering and i really think you have the nicest grown and best taken care of nug out of all the entries .... jay ryan nug though is from his super shed and is from a master of trades ... anything he grows will make me smile and i dont really see super skunk much anymore ... as for ketamenta ... his nug entry looks like good old outdoor grown bud to me which nothing makes me more happy ... it seems to have finished to full maturity and really it must have such a great taste and smell to it that it makes your mouth water .. not to mention how clean the smoke must be thanks to mother nature ....

well i have to choose one and my vote is going to go to ketamenta ... mate your buds are beautiful and i really hope you let them cure nicley as nothing will make you more happy ... i like to let my stuff cure for 4 - 6 months as i find it really makes everything so much better with a 6 month cure .. try and put some away for me and do a 6 month cure mate ....

my vote is to Ketamenta ... good job

~Bgb

Guest samuelo
my vote this month goes to BGB, alot of endeavor goes into the preservation and curing o the bud over that duration - doesnt just happen by itself, the kush looks lovely oozing with pizzazz