Plant of the month contest - The official contest .. August 2010 (Ended August 2010)

biggreenbuds

revised%20plant%20of%20month.png

We are now accepting nominations for the plant of the month contest.

Please submit a photo of your best plant picture ( there is a seperate contest for nugs. ) We are only going to accept a self-nomination.

Once all nominations are in we will all start to vote for a winner, we will keep the contest going until the last day of the month

The winner will recieve a badge that says ... Plant of the month winner

Rules :

1. Entry must be original photos of your own plants. The plant must be living and it does not matter what stage of life it is in, it can be a 1 inch seedling or a plant 10 minutes from harvest it just has to be living.

2. Your entry can ONLY include photos of the plant you can though add a object as a reference point for size or a closeup A.K.A macro shot.

3. You can have a maximum of 2 photos but has to be of the same plant. Also you CAN NOT.... add, change or delete your photos once you have added your photos to the contest.

4. Make sure you upload your photos to the stain hunters server.

5. Self-nominations only !!!!!

6. No videos people just pictures

If you do not read the rules and your entry is not in compliance with the rules... your entry will be taken down and you can not enter again till the next contest.

Hope everyone enjoys the contest and plays fair Smile

good luck everyone

This is a GH Super Lemon Haze in her 8th week of bud:

Sam_1022small.jpg

She is growing in a black 5 gallon bucket, with a large air stone in it. She stands about 30" tall from the top of the bucket to the top of the main cola.

Here is one of the side colas:

Sam_1025small.jpg

well jay ryan your entry is quite amazing mate.

the strain first of all is great such a beautiful strain and its also very sativa which is harder to grow so you get extra props for that.

your pics are very clear which gives you more props. they are coming along very nicly and i especially like the way the led light looks in the pictures. gives extra color to the ladies and really makes them pop. :)

so far i dont even know who i would vote on as its such a hard decision. everyone has great entries but everyone has different things i like about each one ...

your ladies are beautiful though jay. sativas take alote more time and effort to grow and they also are alote harder as they can be picky little biches somtimes :x

i would love to see you take one of your haze plants once they are like half way though flower and put them outside to finish flower. i think they would be amazing ... they would add alote of extra weight and get much bigger than inside. trichome production would multiply and the taste and smell would change also. i think you would be really happy if you did with one of them. i know i would love to see it

great job so far mate

~Bgb

BGB, thanks for you kind words! They have done really well, especially for clones. I grew out the mother a few months back, but have 2 more seeds about 2" tall.

I move them outside the last day of their life, then I can take some much better pics, I live in the woods, and they make great pics, but alas, this summer we are experiencing the coldest summer in as long as I can remember. I planted a few autos outside, but they aren't doing well at all because of the cold nights, starting in JULY!!! Unreal!

One of the things that would prevent me from doing that, taking them out for an extended period is because some plants can't take the sun after living under artificial light. I wouldn't have thought that would be an issue, but I lost a few earlier in the spring, and won't try it again.

I wish I lived a bit down the mountain. The temps down there are so much warmer, all year long. Oh well ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my entry ... its white diesel .... day 47 of flower ... white diesel is a cross i made of white widow x sour diesel ... great strain that really covers itself in trichomes and is literally some white buds ... easy plant to grow and ok flowering time .... its a great day time and night time and all the time smoke ...

plant%20of%20month1.JPG

plant%20of%20month.JPG

hope you all enjoy

~Bgb

Guest samuelo
Well today is this girls 60th birthday day so would be nice if she could be plant of the month to help - it would be the perfect way to celebrate such a great little auto girl

Green'O'Matic
DSC00510.JPG

sam%20entry_0.JPG

Nice shots fellas...

Corinto...... ds not really look as an hairloom but i've heard about it before...

@Fuzzy!

what a pheno man! SLH ready in 45 days from seed? with a sativa HIgh?

And da Bouquet? still lemony?

Wha man, Amazing!

Are u gonna save it. I hope u will...

Heart-I-Cal ... The Corinto's not a big producer, the buds when dry get pretty thin, it's very strong & resist all kinds of abuses & it has a very good Sativa high very creative.

Fuzzy... How did u acomplish to get a SLH to be ready in 45 days from seed? Did u start to flower it very small, kind of a SOG? or, Is just related to the plant gens? Hope you'll regenerate it!!!

Anyway, amazing job my friend.

Fuzzy 45 days SLH has my vote.

She is not the bigest, probably not the strongest, and now i'm not sure if the quickest (45 daySLH??), but Sam has made a so structured, tidy report of her growth, gave her so much love, and i think many info to us during the last 60 days, that he&she have earnt my vote for this month!!! I hope this vote, as a sign of trust, will inspire him to keep on working and posting, and we can see his new autogirls growing!! Keep on rolling Samyboy!!

Guest samuelo
thanks Levi - yeah i really have to say that my vote this month goes to samuelos greenomatic as we all saw her from being a lil seed to being great weed and first time in the world a report like this has been available for green'o'matic so my vote goes for the gom

well it looks like everyone already started voting before i closed the contest but eh we will get it together one day :) lol

this contest is getting better by the month and everyone has great entries ...

i really want to give my vote to samuelo as he has the first green o matic that i have ever seen grow from seed to finish and i think he deserves it for that ... reason i am not giving him my vote though is the pics are not very clear and this is best plant of the month contest not who grew the strain first of the month contest :)

so my vote is going to Jay Ryan .. his pics are beautiful and really bring out the color and love of his plants ... great strain and great looking buds ... you deserve it mate ... congrats

~Bgb