white lemon the soon to be classic of the ghsc collection

budman1988

well its safe to say i have a sativa phenotype :) very stretchy with the long thin leaf characteristics forming on one of the WL.

does this mean it will carry the super lemon grow patterns?

i have spotten only 2 more hermie balls out of the whole crop so maybe things are going to calm a bit now, given none of the balls are actually forming on buds is a good sign.

i will get a hermie pic uploaded to show you all anyway, for the ones that have formed on the plants they have all been in preflower areas where no actual female flowers form during flower.

i'm guessing that it maybe wasn't the timer that caused the hermie flower and it could of actually have been the light change over from 18/6 - 12/12 and the high light intensity in the grow room ( lumen count around 8500 per square foot i think ).

i will get more pics uploaded on friday as you probably wont notice much difference if i keep uploading every other day lol

thanks for staying tuned :) :) :)

• Like 1

Hi fellow growers,

i have been looking at other grows on the forum and seem to find that most growers count the flowering from day 1 of 12/12 but some like myself are counting from the first signs of the flowering which has happened at day 11 or 12 .... i think anyway.

could someone please tell me in the thumb rule on when you actually start counting the flowering period?

pics tomorrow as im away for the weekend so a day early ;)

both work, personally i prefer to do like you and count when the flowering starts. but flowering time is just an indication anyway, as long as you count your delay in before cutting it doesn't realyl matter, all that matter is the girl to be ready or not ;)

casi todo los creadores de geneticas te dicen el tiempo para cosechar , peeeeero es para que te des una idea del tiempo que puede cosechar hay de 8-9 semanas . hasta 10-12 y demas , pero no hay mejor forma de supervisar los tricomas , bueno eso lo que hago yo , nunca me guio por las semanas que especifica cada banco . saludos y hermosas la white lemon

thank you for the tip dust, i just wanted to compare my plants to others to see how im doing thats all :)

thank you mcradikal :) been a rough ride but has settled now :)

canabis i cant read any other languages apart from english and i cant copy and paste on this comp so i cant translate :/ sorry.

as you can see little frosty sites are coming :D getting very smelly now. i will take single plant pics on monday as i have tied stems around the room to gain more main sites for now.

the plant thats 34" in height is the sativa phenotype ;) thats the real beauty... smells like lemon sweets mmmmmmm!!!!!! LUSH!!!!

not doing bad for day 11 of flower signs ay? i dont understand were i went wrong with my last posted dates lol. flowered on the 25th of feb, signsa started on the 10th march :)

im guessing the sativa phenotype is going to be the real treasure out of the group.

keep tuned and thank you for watching

• Like 2

theirs just one other thing that im confused about, as i have leaned how to grow by studying books and not experience i have wondered how you can tell if a plant is finished. one book says when the hairs are at 80% amber and the other says when the trichomes are 80% :S .... im after a real couch lock affect from these babies so would i count the harvest as 80% trichomes?

apart from what i have already asked i have a good understanding of what im doing so this will be hopefully my last query lol

• Like 1

Yes if you want a very couchlovk effect, you have to harvest when most of the trichomes are ambered, but before they start to oxyde, you will see them turn a little black when it's starting to be too late.

For the hairs, it's dificult to get an idea with them, because some strains like to keep white hairs even when ready, some will turn brown really soon, etc.. so trichomes to me is more viable.

But you can use the hairs as an indicator more or less when to start giving only water to your ladies. when you see the growth of new hair has stopped, you have between 2 to 4 weeks left, so you can i most cases give only water and start your flush by looking at them.

• Like 1

plants were watered today with just 1 litre per plant, i will let the soil go completely bone dry for as long as i can to give the roots a good air intake resulting in my buds becoming more bigger within this week.

i will repeat this again 3 weeks before harvest

i usualy water every other day but when i do this i will be aiming for 2 days inbetween my watering

to see if I understand, as good as I said my dear dust, the best way to tell if a plant is already using the trichomes, banks give specifications of genetics you are selling, an estimated time 8-10 weeks and 12-14 weeks sativas up, and with that you get the idea of where your plant can be ready,

but by the side of the trichomes, it's easy you say you've read and there are situations that are contradictory, well, it's just a matter of each one, remember there are three colors of trichomes,

Transparent, yet not

milky (white), (you active, gives you the boost Osea)

Amber-cafe, my favorite, the tomb you armchair to watch TV or read, gives you down)

I hope I got it first and then hope you served beyond this explanation, I send a greeting Mexico

Gracias google

• Like 2

HI canabis ancestral

thank you for the translation txt :) your explanation was a big help :)

im planing on taking kyle kushmans advice about putting my plants into 72 hour dark period before harvest to bulk the trichomes production and to add weight gain.

i did ask him if i do this when the trichomes are 80% amber but he did not reply after that.

do you or anyone else have experience with this trick? i just want to understand if i do the 72 hour dark period at 80% amber or just below that mark, as THC matures in the dark and i dont want to over do the trichomes

gracias to you my friend :)

thanks for watching

• Like 1

that good that we understand, if nothing else done but I leave 24 hours in darkness, and then, the steps to hang inside a paper bag (newspaper), and see that in a week and is ready to leave her descogollarla two days buds pure and ready, and the other to see if I understood you want to do this in the dark so that they do more volume in the head, I do not think this helps,

but I recommend that you use water tank with lots of fish feces, and see what you have left your buds that, to me works great, plus it is a highly enriched organic food with potassium and phosphorus, try it with some of your plants, I watered from the start the two weeks of flowering, Greetings I hope you served the explanation,

hear all this I say I've used in my pursuits, everything is fully proven, do not go thinking that I'm telling you because I've read, if I read a lot about the cultivation of cannabis, but first I practice with my crops and then I make the recommendation

thank you canabis great bit of info :) . i will be sticking to the powder feeding for this grow though.

..................................................................................................................

the plants are now on day 4 since the last watering, soil is very dry and completely weightless to pick up. i will be now adding my 24 hours extra dry out if i can that is, if not i will stretching the dry period for as long as i possibly can.

the soil was last checked as bone dry at 3pm so will be watered with a solution feeding of 1.2.5g per litre of water ( around EC 1.8 ) at 3pm tomorrow or as close as.

for those that are not aware of the point of this it helps extra air reach the roots, giving the plants enough extra air to boost bud production and boosts metabolism.. because the plant is desperate for water it drains the hell out of the water supply using more energy in the process. ( IF I AM WRONG PLEASE CORRECT ME SOMEONE ) i read this in my grow bible and have gathered it is correct because it makes sense :)

PICS ON FRIDAY BUT IF YOU WANT A TEASER LET ME KNOW AND IL UPLOAD A PIC FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

in the name of science and for this grow diary i will now show you pics from today when i had taken note of the start of the dry period, this is the weeks pics for this week. the reason they are early is because as its the dry period week i am showing the benefits of doing this dry period for weeks between 2-5.

i will get pics next week wed night also to show the results.

post-17129-0-35388400-1364414845.jpg

post-17129-0-76872000-1364414877.jpg

post-17129-0-67074300-1364414898.jpg

post-17129-0-50897600-1364414919.jpg

post-17129-0-65576900-1364414942.jpg

post-17129-0-65381000-1364414961.jpg

• Like 2