SWEET MANGO AUTOMATIC .. Here we go again...

Thanks a lot for giving me the opportunity to try out this nice new strain.

I love Mangos so much.. never forget when i ate my first fruit. Back in the late 70ies you did not find the exotic varieties in every corner shop like today so it was something special when that Lady in Kingston offered me the "expensive west indian" Mango. a huge fruit, very juicy, soon realized the spots do not wash out that easily from a white shirt..lol

The first thoughts were Kids will love that fruit ! No other fruit does taste that sweet..Years later my jamaican girlfriend took me on a Mango Walk along Negril's red ground. Dozens of big Mango trees all of them ripe in may - We collect the fruits we fling down by stone in her nice straw head and just njam them - You would neva believe how many fruts we ate that afternoon. 2 dozen or 3 each.. the juice was just all over the face and the final shot got me the best Mango ever on top of an old large tree. That is for you she said and it was like a meditation to eat it.

The important factor is ripeness as usual....

Anyway

I do NOT expect the smoke to taste like a sweet juicy fruit but maybe the smell reminds us of Mango.. We will see into that later .. usual i am NOT fond of too fruity strains but looking at the buds or watching how nice DUST plants came ou,t I expect good things from these seeds.

Okay - I took 4 out of the bag and soaked them in warm water overnight. 3 of them sank to the ground and stayed there while number 4 dropped down but came up a bit . In order to treat them all the same I put them inside toilet paper with a special feeding mixed water and left them like that for ca 18 hours..

Then i checked the outcome and 3 of them had sprouted already.. 2 were perfect sized..so i grabbed my last Grodan starter blocks and soaked them good with a ph of 5.5 and a mild Indica Powder feeding mixture in hand warm water.. The seeds went into the blocks "asshole up" like greenomatic 87 would say , sprinkled them once more and put them inside the trusty Propagator i got from nirvana.

I swear on his simple battery driven construction.

in case you stil look for a good affordable propagator check this link..

I put the 4 Sweet Mangos next to the one White rhino, that came out of the blocks a bit later than the sibblings (another WR + a White Widow, that are by now too tall to be grown inside that Propagator).

It is better to use smallller root riot cubes with the Nirvana propagator, that way they could be grown a few days longer inside of the propagator...

So a lot of words..Pictures come in the next chapter..

• Like 2

Thanks folks. I did not specify about my growroom etc since this is not my first journal here but okay I see for the sake of it this is important.

I start out with the propagator till the leaves touch the lights, then they go inside a smaller cubicle with 2 55 WATT T.NEON'S for 18 hours - I prefer to leave out this step for electricity blll reasons sometimes when I just add some plants but this time I plan to grow them inside there for a couple weeks , Once they are big enough to stand more lights they go under 400watt HPS - I got 2 of those and use them both mainly in late flowering or when I got enough big plants - it might even be that I will use a Metal Halide on one side to grow them bigger and the other with High Pressure Sodium for flowering - but we'll see into that.

Not a fan of LED till now, although that might change in the not too distant future...I like the heat the grow lights deliver.These are tropical plants and they need at least 26 degrees in action and 20 plus at rest.

• Like 2

Am actually shocked to see I run into such a big scale of problems with the recent seedlings from the White family AND the sweet Mango. Starting out okay in the Grodan cubes / propagator I noticed a couple losses - Suddenly the leaves stopped developing, one stem broke, the seedlings fall over and fade away... all kinds of crazy behaviour. It seems this strain does NOT like the Grodan cubes for a start. Surprisingly too much light is also bad for them.

So I will see how many will just push through and I just started a new Sweet Mango seed , this time I will raise it in Canna Soil for Seedlings. ATM I got 3 survivors, not exactly sure which is which but I think 1 white for sure .. along with the 8 other plants that should be enough for this spring anyway.. pictures follow once i am more convinced they will make it.

Strange though, same procedere as ever but different results.

Next time it is Root Riot cubes and soil again ...

• Like 1

No They all withered away .. Last victim last night !

2 seedlings are doing fine. One is the White Widow and the other probably a White Rhyno - might also be a Sweet Mango, though BUT I doubt it. 5 losses since!. One stem broke, so tha might have been a casualtie from mistreatin, the rest simply refused to grow.

No idea why but they sprouted fine and grew normallly at first but then problems occured - I am sure they do not like rock wool - Have not lost a seedling since many many months but these just die for no obvious reason once they should start developing the first or second set of true leaves.. so consider this topic DEAD. For more info follow Greenhouse Hybrids.

I started a new Sweet Mango in a tiny clay pot with soil and put that in the propagator. Will see if that survives once I take it out there.

So if you want to grow this strain use Jiffys or soil, root riot cubes whatever but stay away from rock wool and be extremely careful not to give them too much light too long and keep them from too wet and too dry - very sensitive kind !

• Like 1

nah i don't think it's the strain, i have grow a few of it and germination was very strogn and vigorous, maybe it's the rockwool i don't know i never liked rockwool anyway, the feeling on my hand is not good, so i imagine for a little root lol ;)

Good luck man i hope next time will go better!

• Like 1

I doubt you grew them in winter with temps under zero degrees outside .. i am not the only one with problems AFTER germination.. I used Grodan Cubes on more than a dozen seeds and the rate of survivors was close to 100% once they lifted their heads and grew the first true leaves none died unless I broke a stem, even then I could fix them....but these just withered away- but we will see - just started one in soil and it pushes the seed shell forth. I soaked 2 more but only one dropped down after 24 hours, the other seems to be rotten. Also started one super crit auto and for the first time one of my own Damnesia seeds from the hermie.

These will be grown in EAZY Plugs , these are smaller, so I can leave them inside the propagator longer. Also added the other 400 watts light a full spectrum Sunmaster, that heats up the grow room a lot. This is a very sensitive tropical strain - the name gives it away MANGOS do not grow unless it is minimum 22 degress all year round and a high percentageof humidity..

I was not fond of rock wool neither but tbh no other medium gave me that rate of seeds making it . not even Canna Soil Mix or those nirvana root cubes (too tiny).

Eazy plugs crumble away too fast, soil can get too tight or too cool after watering, Jiffys dry out fast.. Tried all of those and found the Godan being the easiest to handle, followed by Eazy plugs and then soil in heated cubes with NEON bu WAY too much work.

So I ordered the EaZY Plugs and plant the new seeds when they arrive...

• Like 1

well i grew it last year in september october so it was more or less between 0 and 10 at night, and in my grow room it was not rare to see it go to 16° 17° most of the time i try to mange 18° mini and never had any problem with the mangos you might have seen them in flower pictures part they didn't suffer much from the cold i think ;)

But i believe you when you say it is probably more sensitive than other strains, but that's our job to keep them alive ;) ;)

For the rockwool, i beleive you too ^^ i know a lot of growers love it and only swear by it, i don't know for myself i've started my first grow with the Root riot cubes and only had 1 seed not germinating since i started, it was one of the 3 seeds i had placed in rockwool cubes cause the shops was out of root riot few years ago.

But you know how it is, every grower has his preferences and gear that will work in his room with his setup and way to do ;) No rules for favorites :D

Hope the next seeds will be well man Have a good grow!

I saw the Sweet Mango you were growing. Excellent ! Since then i wanted to try them but Autos weren't that high on my list. I am missing my camera chip, soI can't sho fresh pictures atm. I took a few shots with my new iPad mini, but not familiar with the technique and I doubt the quality is the same as with that Samsung. Anyway . This morning I got those Easzy Plugs and 2 bricks of coco for seedlings plus a new fan, Shooting Powder and advanced Final Phase.

3 of the 4 seeds had grown proper rootlets, one cracked open. I planted those 3 immediately and put it next to the SMA survivor in the clay pot with Canna seed Mix in the Nirvana Propagator. The 4th is in a plug as well but I keep that in the dark for a minute..

The biggest surprise was discovering a new seedling under that smallest new Hybrid ! In a corner of the pot a lost seed has sprouted. Looks like Sweet Mango but I have no idea what it is actually.. Never seen that happen before. Must have sprouted when I flushed it a few days ago .. Looking healthy.

That White Widow seedling is on it's third pair of leaves now; so there is hope and now with those hot temps in the grow room the Mango will have good chances to make it....

• Like 2