i dont know whats goin on?

Count42Zero

GetAttachment.jpgSo this is a seedling that i started and has now been moved to my grow room. It was fine under cfls about 350watts and now it is under a 1000watt MH. The only thing that was noticibly different in the beggining was the yellow that developed on the fringe of the leaves and then changed on the next set of leaves to yellow in the middle and green on the fringe. This is what it looks like now, debating the worth of keeping it alive.

Guest superbluehaze

hello count,

This plant is worth keeping - your soil is too wet and the roots do not have enough oxygen to be able to stay healthy and absorb nutrients.

Cut right back on your watering to around once every 4 to 5 days, but first let the soil dry right out.

Rhizotonic by canna is excellent to help the roots and a stressed plant.

This plant also looks stressed.

That is a big move from fluro light to a 1000 w HID;

keep the light at least 1 to 1.5 meters from the plants at first, and then each day slowly lower it until it is at the correct distance.

This gives the the plants time to get used to the intense light.

happy growing,

john

Lets see, i do have a prob with my temp right now, waiting to get fan and tubing, so it about 95 degrees farenheit. I also moved it to the outside of the garden so its not getting as much direct light as the rest of the plants. i have been watering them every other day with foxfarm big grow, they are in 5 gallon buckets. I will be sure to give it a few days to dry out and see what happens. Do you think its a combination of both or is it just to hot in there?

Guest superbluehaze

Hi Count4,

We all want to do the best for our plants, and the feeding and watering cycle is something we can have contol over.

My plants are in 52 liter containers(13 gallons) and I water then about once every week, sometimes more sometimes less;

If the roots are continualy wet, they cannot breath, and they drown from lack of oxygen;

Without oxygen the roots can not stay healthy, or absorb nutrients from the soil.

You should be watering no more than about every 3 to 4 days.

Put your middle finger in to the medium to about 2 or 3 inches, if it feels wet or damp, do not water.

when it is dry, at about 3 inches into the pot, then water.

The yellowing is a sign of too much water and that the roots are not healthy.

The high temperatures would not be helping either.

Why not put the plants back under the fluro, until you have an exhaust fan?

Work out the cubic volume of your room(lengthby depthby height) and then purchase an exhaust fan that will exchange the air( that is, take it all out and renew it with fresh air) in 2 to 3 minutes.

and cut right back on the water, and set up your exhaust fan.

Give the plants 10 days or so, and they will be much better.

happy growing,

john

• 2 weeks later...
Guest superbluehaze

She is looking much better. Watering is an art, but an art easily learnt if you listen to you plants.

happy growing,

john

Guest samuelo
I am guessing you transplanted her right? You say she in 52 litre - is that 52 litre of soil? Transpants can cause a lil bit of stress but after a few days she be right as rain.. be careful not to damage the main tap root though - this is one reason i have used the step system which involves transplanting from a smaller pot into a larger pot but only removing the bottom 2 rds of the pot and placing into new pot - but on my latest grow i have transplanted from 1 pot to another and on some girls i saw i few lower leaves fading but i did not worry as with a bit of pruning they are removed and allowing more energy to other leaves and branches and the whole plant.

The worst thing to do is panic - i think perhaps the plant is more robust than we give credit for - but still we must look after her - woman have many needs afterall - but they are not as delicate as they would like us to believe ;)

If you are increasing the light and therefore possibly the heat - try to place a small fan closer to the plants and if possible have vents for the hot air to escape if you have difficutly keeping the temp correct.

The best thing you can do is learn along the way - if you never made a mistake in your life - congratulations - but if you do make a mistake - learn from it and you gain experience and therefore you have more knowledge - which you can share with us here :)

I think your girl will be fine and i look forward to seeing more of her - looks like you are on top but if you need anything you are in the right site thumbs_up.gif