Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chronic Grower

Money Maker (powder feed only)

16/03/2013

Hi people,

we are now at end of week 3 from when the seeds first broke free from there shells and its been 14 days since i transplanted them into coco. there growth has been amazing really proud of the mother powder feed comparing it to my old nutrients and the powder feed takes less time adding and mixing up ,well its winning me over for now just gt to see how it proforms in the flowering stage, im thinking of switching to next weekend on the 23/03 .

Ok as for feeding so far ive been giving it to them every 4 days 1L of feed each at an EC of 1.0 and PH 5.7-5.8 no plain water inbetween and the plants are loving it so far so ive put up the EC to 1.2 there will be a big flush in 4 days ready for flowering to get rid of any sault build up.

when i mix the powder feed in with the water i like to create a whirlpool by stiring the water really fast in a tight circular motion this helps desolve the powder faster and any powder not desolved will easily be seen gathered at the bottom of the wirlpool so you will know when you have fully desolved all powder feed.

gallery_10332_860_81032.jpg

gallery_10332_860_127050.jpg

gallery_10332_860_123086.jpg

gallery_10332_860_57939.jpg

gallery_10332_860_144842.jpg

gallery_10332_860_90081.jpg

and now what you all been wating for the plants enjoy people

gallery_10332_860_167931.jpg

really impressed with the growth of these beautifull young ladies :good:

here are individual pics of them starting with the first to germanate and the first to brake free from its seed

i called her first lady shes the largest of them all

gallery_10332_860_140361.jpg

now for the smallest of them all this was the plant that grew funny shaped leaves but she has sorterd her self out and is looking very normal now plus growing fast , enjoy

gallery_10332_860_192425.jpg

now here are they rest of my girls all doing amazing, enjoy

gallery_10332_860_12995.jpg

gallery_10332_860_30575.jpg

gallery_10332_860_198187.jpg

gallery_10332_860_121347.jpg

gallery_10332_860_239884.jpg

gallery_10332_860_187087.jpg

and another all together family pic

gallery_10332_860_29212.jpg

and to finish off here is a video show plants ,temp and humidity. enjoy

• Like 3

wow man, very nice mate keep it up. its so dry in there and clean and still you have your humidity around 65%. when i want to achieve that levels of RH i have to set my humidifier in my tent at max setting, lol. and then the walls of my tent are super wet. and my country doesn't help me either (shitty climate).

• Like 1

wow man, very nice mate keep it up. its so dry in there and clean and still you have your humidity around 65%. when i want to achieve that levels of RH i have to set my humidifier in my tent at max setting, lol. and then the walls of my tent are super wet. and my country doesn't help me either (shitty climate).

thanks for the coment man,

well its been ok for humidity in the last week because the weather here is cold and wet, the pics and video was taken just before i watered them but when its dry and sunny outside the humidity gets as low as 45% which is to low ,so ive been lucky in the last week the humidity now is 70% after watering .my tent is in my bedroom so i cant have heating on or the temp in my tent get to high which ends up with alot of condensation on my window, so i have to put a dehumidifier on the windowsill to get rid of that i open the window in the day, when its 100% humidity outside it sure helps at this stage of growth.

have you tried leaving an open water container like a bucket might rise the humidity without condensating inside your tent ??

lovely sights man, the room is tight clean and the girl too, nice green, compact girls and happy leaves :D

Thanks for the updeate ;)

Have a good grow

• Like 1

thanks for the coment man,

well its been ok for humidity in the last week because the weather here is cold and wet, the pics and video was taken just before i watered them but when its dry and sunny outside the humidity gets as low as 45% which is to low ,so ive been lucky in the last week the humidity now is 70% after watering .my tent is in my bedroom so i cant have heating on or the temp in my tent get to high which ends up with alot of condensation on my window, so i have to put a dehumidifier on the windowsill to get rid of that i open the window in the day, when its 100% humidity outside it sure helps at this stage of growth.

have you tried leaving an open water container like a bucket might rise the humidity without condensating inside your tent ??

i have my tent at the loft of my house and there it is very cold and dry, so i have alot of condensation in my tent and hoses. the RH is around 35% at my loft. (in the tent 65% now) and i think that the cooltube helps alot to keep the humidity up, i'm just using a normal reflector so the heat of the lamp is also not helping, but i have the climate now under control......i had tried about everything buckets of water and wet towels little thin steel bucket with water on my reflector, and that only broth the humidity to 50% it isn't helping alot, so i bought a humidifier.

• Like 1

i have my tent at the loft of my house and there it is very cold and dry, so i have alot of condensation in my tent and hoses. the RH is around 35% at my loft. (in the tent 65% now) and i think that the cooltube helps alot to keep the humidity up, i'm just using a normal reflector so the heat of the lamp is also not helping, but i have the climate now under control......i had tried about everything buckets of water and wet towels little thin steel bucket with water on my reflector, and that only broth the humidity to 50% it isn't helping alot, so i bought a humidifier.

never had a loft to grow in but sounds like alot of problems for vegative growth but just think your not going to have mould problems when your in flowering stage ,the low humidity should help produce alot more crystals on your buds to .

ifi you mean the little edges starting to go up? it might be a little too much nute starting to show, give them only hard water for 1 2 watering and they should get back if it's what i saw on a few pics but was really light

• Like 1

ifi you mean the little edges starting to go up? it might be a little too much nute starting to show, give them only hard water for 1 2 watering and they should get back if it's what i saw on a few pics but was really light

yeah i think that could well be it , but i dont have hard water just soft water with a EC of 0.2 do you suggest i add cal/mag to the plain water to water them with ??

never had a loft to grow in but sounds like alot of problems for vegative growth but just think your not going to have mould problems when your in flowering stage ,the low humidity should help produce alot more crystals on your buds to .

yeah its a pain in the ass to raise the humidity in my loft. but it's working great now. and when it's flowering time i can lower the humidity very easily, and will definitely help in the flowering time to create nice crystal forming.

• Like 1

i don't think they will suffer if you don't addd the cal/mag but i don't think neither they will suffer if you had it, here i don't think it is the cal/mag causing you troubles so it's your choice i guess ^^ you know you're water and your plants beter than me and i've never had to use cal/mag cause i have .7 water, so can't assume 100% on the effects of it!

good luck man

• Like 1

• hey chronic grower!! a great start man i like your tent set up and the cooling tube on the light's it's great stuff, your lucky you got the money maker as well it's one hell of a beautiful strain. anyways bro good luck with your grow bro

• Like 1
  • hey chronic grower!! a great start man i like your tent set up and the cooling tube on the light's it's great stuff, your lucky you got the money maker as well it's one hell of a beautiful strain. anyways bro good luck with your grow bro

hi man thanks, yeah i think money maker is for sure a grate strain to grow, love the earthy kush taste and goes well in any cross , im glad i decided to go with the cooltube really helps keep the heat down when useing 600w.

• Like 1

ok did a flush on my ladies, water i flushed with was 0.2 EC,PH 5.8 , runoff was at 1.2 i did not think that was a problem but when i checked the ph yeah its was reading 6.8 problem ,so i had to flush all plants with 8 litre of water each with a PH of 4 to bring down the PH to a 5.8 , this is the first time ive grown in coco dont know if its the coco thts got a high PH or what happend but the EC reading is now stable at 5.8,

i will talk through my method with photo's later tonight so people whos new to coco growing wont make the same mistake.

• Like 2

wow i have never done a ph test on my water. got me to think about starting to. I will be using a new water source not my distilled water. My cheap ph reader says it 7.0 so i going to buy a better one. since i going to be using the next veg on the next set of girls. so yet another good read. thank you :D

• Like 1

20/03/2013

OK so i PH the water (which was 8.2 straight out the tap) down to 5.8, poured the water slowly into the smart-pot starting from the middle working to the outside to prevent the water leaking out the fabric sides of the pots as i want all the water to drain out of the bottom so i know its mixed well with the coco,

gallery_10332_860_165351.jpg

now i let the pot sit in the drained water for a minute then lift the pot up to to drain freely ,

gallery_10332_860_78900.jpg

when the water stops draining i then sat the pot on top of a jug, gently squeezed the pot to start the water flowing again ,

gallery_10332_860_72775.jpg

when the water stops and no more water is released when squeezed i checked the ph of both the first runoff water and the second runoff in the jug i noticed the first lot of water that drained was 5.8 then the second drained water in the jug was reading 6.4 so i decided to PH the water going in to 4.0 to try and bring the PH down faster without having to use gallons of water so a few liters of the 4.0 PH water using the same method as above got the second runoff down to 5.8 PH sorted .

now i will keep a close eye on my medium and ladies to make sure no more problems accrue.

• Like 3

wow i have never done a ph test on my water. got me to think about starting to. I will be using a new water source not my distilled water. My cheap ph reader says it 7.0 so i going to buy a better one. since i going to be using the next veg on the next set of girls. so yet another good read. thank you :D

thanks man and yea having a ph pen really helps me a lot especially when you notice any ill health to your plants

high man very nice pictures. smartpots are very nice to work with very good drainage. hope to see the babies grow grow grow

thanks man ,the only problem with these smart pots is cleaning the roots out of the fabric as they woven them self's in ,think the air pots are less work

but the plants love um

22/03/2013

well it looks like i went a little low with the PH when i did the flush i should of flushed the coco with a 5.0 then left it a hour then checked the PH again as when i checked the plants i knew they looked a little worse then before . here is a few pics nothing to bad

gallery_10332_860_350528.jpg

gallery_10332_860_161550.jpg

gallery_10332_860_88634.jpg

gallery_10332_860_177689.jpg

as you can see the leaves are starting to curl under so i PH some water to 5.8 filled a cup of coco out of a plant pot then poured the water into the cup till it reached the same level as the coco left it for 30 mins came back to it then checked the PH.

gallery_10332_860_43123.jpg

5.4 ok so the medium would be about 5.0 way to low so i left it another 30 mins to make sure no other PH change is happening and it looks stable still reading 5.4

so after experimenting with other cups of coco and different PH water to neutralize the coco i found that 9.1 PH did the trick .

gallery_10332_860_28651.jpg

gallery_10332_860_26360.jpg

so now ive poured 1 liter of water per plant and shall be checking the PH of the coco again later today i know i only used 1 litre of water per 4 liters of coco when it should be 4 liter to 4 liter to to bring the PH to 5.8 like in the cup experiments but i want to rise the PH slowly as not to damage the roots to much.

this is how i should of done things to start with .like i said before its the first time ive used coco just hope not much damage has happened to the roots.

• Like 2

24/03/2013

hi people things are changing, today is the day ive turned the lights to 12/12 plants are looking fine even the roots are looking beautifuly white and fluffy, ive changed the light to 600w hps and tyrned the dimmable ballast to 600w super lumens but this is after these pics and video.

here are some pics of all 8 plants ,enjoy

gallery_10332_860_255989.jpg

gallery_10332_860_215638.jpg

gallery_10332_860_45246.jpg

gallery_10332_860_181892.jpg

gallery_10332_860_165478.jpg

gallery_10332_860_277983.jpg

gallery_10332_860_219060.jpg

gallery_10332_860_204345.jpg

gallery_10332_860_184384.jpg

gallery_10332_860_280214.jpg

gallery_10332_860_263490.jpg

gallery_10332_860_93092.jpg

now heres a video of my girls

http://www.growhd.tv/video/day-1-of-1212-switch/8e364a0a0c4d9315859ef474a3528991

• Like 3

lol looks lik those roots are happy indeed, they want to get out of the airpots :P Are they suppose to do this with those pots? i don't remember seeing it before. vigorous babes ^^

Thanks for the news have a good grow ;)

• Like 1
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.