GHS Bubba Kush feminized tend to hermie?

MissKittyKat

Hi All,

Currently in week 2 of flowering and guess what - the bubba kush all female looks more like a male with a female flower here and there!

OK well I have not had any good experiences yet with Green House genetics. The Chemdog didn't germinate, and now the Bubba Kush feminized seeds are hermie or male. I have one that is a male, no signs of female pistals anywhere. Just sacks of balls!

The second one has some female flowers but mostly male flowers The third one has not shown sex as of yet but looks like it a hermie as well!

I am growing 4 other strains and they have not hermied or had any issues. The conditions in the grow room are optimal and nothing short of perfect to tell you the truth. I have read that this strain is prone to this but I wouldn't think ALL of them would be male or hermie

That is two strains now. Maybe its the place that is selling them? www.gtaseedbank.com

What do to?

• Like 1

damn very sorry to hear misskitty i remember you're troubles last time too, and like you say i have heard too that the bubba kush had some little stability problems, i know they are working o some strains to fix the problems customer reports, this ones were the one you posted few days ago with the "better taste" ?

As for the storage it could really be one of the important criteria in your problems as we all know bad storage can cause germination problem and genetic to dicrease with time if not stocked properly so could be a part of the answer! Did you try to see with that seedbank if they could do something as it's the 2nd time you have trouble with them?

I purchased Larry OG, Holy Grail and Bubba Kush all at the same time, so I would expect Gtaseeds storage would be bad for everything. All of them are going fine except the bubba. If it was something I did then I would think the other strains would have problems as well.

I did some research and others have reported the same thing. Some got a pack of 5 and got 4 hermies and 1 male! I will wait a few days to see if they can be picked off and if it will produce enough female flowers to carry on. Just a piss off when you spend over a hundred bucks on seeds and don't get shit from it when other seeds had no problems.

Hopefully greenomatic won't have issues with the two seeds out of this pack.

must have been something I did that set them off. I hear they are very touchy this way. But does anyone know what it is? My environment is near perfect if not perfect. Temps are monitored, ph, etc. The only thing it might be is humidity. Would a dry room cause hermies in the bubba kush?

yeah sounds logical that all the strains would do it, but those seeds you talk about are more or less all US strains no coming from US? and i guess the stocks of those strains must be kept for less time maybe ( i think canadian growers and us growers like to grow their own strains a lot no? ) or stocked in better conditions we never know :P :P

But it's no excuses for us tho it should not happen! don't know if very low humidity could cause it, i know it can cause a little stress on some strain but big enough to hermie? i don't know

Good luck!

• 3 months later...