when to start giving nutrient

jazza1

You can use B1 upstart or Superthrive right away and its a good idea to use Micronutrients.Ive been starting seedlings in Rockwoll Cubes and using Supernatural Rockwoll Soak to get them going.After the 3rd or 4th set of Leaves start feeding vegative nutrients.If you get some nutrient burn on the leaves flush with Water for the next few days.

young plants and seedlings like humic and fulvic acids and fresh water :) go easy on the young plants , i usually do 1 week on fresh water after the seeds have germinated , and then a 1-2ml / 2L of a bio liquid filtered extract that is 15% humic and fulvic acids based.. helps the plants establish roots and acts as a growth and bloom activator, also helps the roots absorbe "trace elements" of value to plants.

• 6 months later...

i would let your seedlings go without any food for the first week if you have just plain soil that isnt doing anything for your babies nutrient wise. if you have good soil with nutrients in it i would wait 2 weeks somtimes 3. once your 2 weeks are up start of easy with a 1/4 of the recamended dose. then gradually go up. some strains though are more picky and will not need to go up to full strength when some love lots of nutes and love to be abused with them. during vegging make sure you use a veg plant good. somting higher in nitrogen for vigorous plant growth. once you are going to start flowering hold of on the nitrogen as they will not need it nearly as much anymore if any at all. make sure you always check the npk rating before feeding your plants somthing. the npk is a little set of number for example ... 5-7-1 first is nitrogen second is potasium then phosphorus. it should usually have the npk on the front of the plant food.

Guest superbluehaze

Excellent advice by every one, but I would follow bigreenbuds, but give them something for the roots like zyme, fumic acid, and some good bugs and superthrive; all these things have been mentioned by others.

happy growing,

john