Mother plants from feminized seeds?

yes i don't think it will mke a huge diference, i've read some articles too among the years of people saying it lacks vigor, is unstable etc. but if you select your mother carefully it is just as good as a regular strain to me. Make sure to make an entire cycle with a plant of the mom phenotype and stress sometimes t make sure there is no sensivity to anything that could make it hermie. but i've been growing for 4 5 years only fem geneteics, and only once had seeds in a crop and it was the only time in those 5 years i tested a strain for another seedbank than GH lol.

Now i'm not saying it is 100% hermie free, we always see there and there once in a while someone showing with hermie, but on the million of seed the sale it is a very very very low % and with most strains they are stabl and will not cause any problem

Good luck man i hope we'll see those moma around ;)

• Like 1

but i've been growing for 4 5 years only fem geneteics, and only once had seeds in a crop and it was the only time in those 5 years i tested a strain for another seedbank than GH lol.

OK, sounds good. What I've heard is that those feminized moms can sometimes develop male flowers when they are getting older or face some stress.

And this never happened to you?

If you buy more then 1 seed from a seedbank such as a pack of 5. Selecting the right mother is easy as growing all the 5 seeds out unti almost switch to 12/12, clone all 5 of them and label accordingly

select the best / most vigorous pheno of out of the 5 clones to be your mother after flowering the original seeds you can match the labels from those flowering with the clones to decide

• Like 4

yes like the guys said and like i told you it's all about a good selection and after at least 1 complete test grow with the mother you will know if yes or no you'll have troubles, and with a pack of 5-10 you can't go wrong ;) Specially on very popular strain like SLH SSH exodus cheese, GH cheese, trainwreck, chemdog, all those strains are strains we see grown a LOT and really i don't particurly remember of hermie on those strains.

have never used feminized seeds until last year. So far I am not impressed as I have seen more hermies then I have ever seen before. To be honest I have seen hermies twice in 20 years of growing regular seeds. Since I started using feminized I have seen 2 just this last 6 months! I usually only purchase regular seeds in case I find a strain I really like then breed with it. so many companies are only selling feminized now, that i just caved in.

Heard of people saying you may have issues to clone feminized seed grown plants, that you can make mothers but get loss of vigor, yield, potency, etc. I have no idea if this is true or not, but so far clones have been doing fine.

• 7 months later...

Heard of people saying you may have issues to clone feminized seed grown plants, that you can make mothers but get loss of vigor, yield, potency, etc. I have no idea if this is true or not, but so far clones have been doing fine.

It depends gravely on the quallity of the seedbank - that is what we found out now.  I have seen everything now: from absolutely stable motherplants easy to clone to wrecks that are going hermie if a cow farts outside to stable plants that can not be reproduced by clones or very difficult. So you have to undergo a long experimentaion period or maybe you are lucky with the first try..

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

We use feminized seeds for all of our Mothers, but really only allow them to go about 4-5 months before refreshing.  No problems, most plants are pretty healthy and strong, but we have had one or two over the years produce hermie clones,  Not sure if it was because it was a feminized seed, or was just sensative and we stressed it too much.