Collecting seeds

VcF

this is my first time with a plant with seeds. question is what the best way to collect all the seeds. do they drop of the plant or do they stay on the bud. also when is it the best time to harvest the seeded plant?

thanks for the read and help

hello i think usually you collect the seeds during the harvest like with any plants, you let them dry and if you shake them above something i guess all the seeds should fall out ^^

After thisto selct good seeds you take them one by one and press them pretty hard between your fingers, they should not break if they are mature, but i guess in big quantitiies you must see with a few samples if it's mature or not.

You have a real seed plant, or it's just a female with few seeds?

Good luck

• Like 1

Dust said it well hey.

Check your seed pods. When the seed pod starts to open and a 1/3 of the seed in out they are ready. BUT that's what I read. When I take seeds from my bud I harvest as normal and just place a biggish container like a big tupperware container underneath it. The plant will release the seeds naturally and you just pic them up and store

I've read that people plant directly after seed harvest and other swear that it has to mature a bit for about 1 month. Personally I have done both and both times they germed within 4 days. I judge a seed by the way it looks. If its light green / pale of color, its still to young/immature for harvesting or planting. If they are dark brown with spots on them they are good. The sees must look healthy.

What method did you use for $aking Fem beans and what strain (s) did you cross ???

• Like 1

well i am using the same female for the seeds. I sprayed 1 branch and let nature take its course. this was the first time trying to make seeds so i did not want to cross breed. It looks like it has worked do to the seeds. i just have to wait for seeds to look ready. the female came from a reg white castle. this plant was a trooper and was beat up a little when my auto water system ran out of water ahah. but it came back strong. it would have made a good mother.

• Like 1

I have a couple of strains that needs to be sprayed with some CS in the new season. Also want to get some fem beans from them, do a few tests and go from there. Even though I'll have more than enough seeds I still need to order a couple of strains from the seedbank. That Arjan Haze keeps popping up every time I browse.

Maybe its a sign. LoL

I looking at collecting some good stains I like. One i going after is Girl Scout Cookies. It was the winner of best Strains at the cowboy cup "high times doobie Awards" and many others here in the states. I making my list and checking it twice. I looking at getting ak47 autos from 2-4 different banks and i going to make them battle for the best. :D

my flowering plant with seeds is going to be harvested on the week 10 witch is April 8th. this is a week before i fly out and everything should be good to go. i like longer vegi time so i going to move my little girls to bigger pots. and when i get back i might start flowering depending on the size of the plants. i also might do another female run so i will have to set up another isolated box that will do the job. after i collect these seeds i will give them a test and i will to a log of the out come of the fem seed project. only time will tell. but overal it will be a good learning at the end.

• Like 1

cool i'll be looking those ladies grow if we have a journal, breeding results are always longer to wait for :P

Mr.cntryjoe, it is almost impossble to guess a strain from seed sorry :) with a pic it could help

• 2 weeks later...

well by looking at my fem seed project i have found 2 color of seeds. brown and green. so i guessing the brown seeds are good and green is more of a gamble. what i have read is seeds will keep on darking when the plant is harvest. i was going to cut it to day but i think i give it 2-3 more days.

hard enough ^^ the 2 times i had to collect seeds i pressed a nice hard presure on each seeds it the end it was damn hurting my fingers lol so pretty hard ^^ find one that you are sure is mature and make a test run :P

• 2 weeks later...