Expogrow Argentina 2013

Mr.X

BUENOS AIRES - there are few words able to describe our disappointment after what happened here during the last three days. We spent the last few weeks building up expectations about the first ExpoGrow in Argentina, organizing the material for the stand, shipping pellets of merchandise, and dreaming about our first personal contact with the Argentinian growers, breeders and smokers.

We landed in Buenos Aires on wednesday night, after 14 hours in the airplane, and already thursday morning we had a strange feeling. Quickly confirmed by the email we received: the cannabis cup organized for friday 29 march would not take place, because of a problem with the Police and the permits. But Pablo, the organizer of the expo, was nowhere to be found. His press officer released a statement saying that the expo would go on normally on saturday and sunday.

But this was just the beginning of a series of messages, phone calls emails and corridor voices. For three days, up until few hours ago, it's been complete organizational chaos, a real disaster.

The expo was officially canceled on friday night, but we still did not meet Pablo.

Finally on saturday a meeting was held to discuss the issue, but still no Pablo. So we gave up, and accepted the fact that this was just a waste of our time.

We are truly shocked at the lack of organizational skills of ExpoGrow Buenos Aires. It's a pity for the cannabis industry as a whole.

Let's hope the very many serious players of the argentinian cannabis industry will be able to make up for this shame in the near future.

pd photos (of the city) coming soon.

Damn that sucks!!! you have a thread in the "Strainhunters room if you want for the pictures i was waiting for it!! but very sad to hear hope at least you had good smoke?

Yes bro, don´t worry, please keep the other thread, I go to put photos of the city and few meets when I can, thanks for the support.

• Like 1

Something new is not always make like best, especially when the police and ganja are involved in the deal :comando:

How about buy some weeds is Buenos Aires? How many cost, how about quality and were people get ganja? :D Tell more if you can about Argentina growers, what stain they prefer to grow Landrace or popular world gibryd maybe you know about it. Argentina has a market for cannabis and seeds like in Holland or Spain? Or where they work off their crops

The largest Hemp related event is the Seattle Hempfest. Here is the Mayor of Seattle speaking at Hempfest 2012 supporting the legalization of Cannabis. If Arjan, Franco, & Team Strainhunters come in 2013 they will not have to worry about the event getting cancelled, or the police.

haha for sure it's not the same category ^^

Aloha Dust, Seattle has had a Hempfest every year since 1991. With crowds of 500,000+ and a City and State that is the tip of the spear Worldwide & World Class in the Cannabis Army for sane policy. Hempfest # 22 in 2013 will have six bandstands to rock the troops.

http://hightimes.com/lounge/rick/7263

ok but this video that's posted is just some stupid yankee telling his stupid medicinal smoking bong getting high story!

LOL. This man only part of that story. He said many right things about future and life with Mj. Maybe in Holland no problem with the attitude to smokers in society, but For most countries, even those open conversations are stay only dreams :rabbi:

I think this is music fest, like woodstock or other Hippie fest in US. And Hippie not too commerce people to make cannacup, they smoke ganja and listen music all day without any competition. Knowing what are the sluggishness Americans can be. I say that is a normal American old man on a normal Holiday

LOL. This man only part of that story. He said many right things about future and life with Mj. Maybe in Holland no problem with the attitude to smokers in society, but For most countries, even those open conversations are stay only dreams :rabbi:

I think this is music fest, like woodstock or other Hippie fest in US. And Hippie not too commerce people to make cannacup, they smoke ganja and listen music all day without any competition. Knowing what are the sluggishness Americans can be. I say that is a normal American old man on a normal Holiday

I think that most of the Americans are pretty fucked up in the brain when it comes to smoking. They will tell you it's medicinal but after the word medicinal has been said, it's about getting high higher highest, pathetic bong smoking junkies not more not less. Yes and I'm a ganja Junkie too and love it, I don't smoke medicinal but I love to get stoned high or whatever you wanna call it!!!

I think that most of the Americans are pretty fucked up in the brain when it comes to smoking. They will tell you it's medicinal but after the word medicinal has been said, it's about getting high higher highest, pathetic bong smoking junkies not more not less. Yes and I'm a ganja Junkie too and love it, I don't smoke medicinal but I love to get stoned high or whatever you wanna call it!!!

Aloha Undutched, When I brought Neville the Northern Lights Strains from Seattle in the 1980s I was amazed the Dutch mixed tobacco with the bud & hash and then claimed they could get the true taste of the product with that methodology of smoking. Is it true it is still a common practice to mix toxic pesticides (aka tobacco) with the bud in The Netherlands? Do you think the tobacco is a flavor enhancer?

Kill the Pablo :( :( madafakaaaa!

Seriously, I hope this does not leave a bad image on us, there are serious people and commitment to this cause in Argentina.

Aloha Krakosia, Shit happens, the Los Angeles Cannabis Cup had to be moved this year to another location due to political pressure. It is always a good idea to have a back up plan and a group of people ready to react to a situation as opposed to a single individual. Seattle Hempfest is a fine example with a long history of getting people organized.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/marijuana/2013/03/27/legalizing-marijuana-initiative-502-the-movie/

Aloha Undutched, When I brought Neville the Northern Lights Strains from Seattle in the 1980s I was amazed the Dutch mixed tobacco with the bud & hash and then claimed they could get the true taste of the product with that methodology of smoking. Is it true it is still a common practice to mix toxic pesticides (aka tobacco) with the bud in The Netherlands? Do you think the tobacco is a flavor enhancer?

It's not so mutch me having a problem with bong smoking sorry to have miss understood myself. I like to smoke bong too but don't claim it's medical and talk about getting high ever after thats hypocryt thats a whole different story. And to be sure I don't say medicinal marijhuana is not a relief I've heard greenspoon and others and withness few things myself when getting older. And I mix Tobacco with weed because off the price in Holland nowadays coffeeshops buy from foreign countries too supply consumers. Our law is fucked up too we can't grow safe for ourselves but must buy and pay high price for "medicine" or to get "high" supporting criminals and thiefs. I forget thanks for bringing the strains, had some good smokes from that strains.

Aloha Undutched, That is the first thing that I noticed here in Hawaii that the price for quality product was too high. Here if you have a medical card (pay the Dr. $150-$200) you can grow three plants. In Washington State (pay another Dr.) you can grow 15 plants. After the people voted for legalization the price has gone down from $250 to $170 for 28.4 grams. The tourists going on holiday in Honolulu get taken advantage of and the price is $25-$40 a gram.

Aloha Undutched, That is the first thing that I noticed here in Hawaii that the price for quality product was too high. Here if you have a medical card (pay the Dr. $150-$200) you can grow three plants. In Washington State (pay another Dr.) you can grow 15 plants. After the people voted for legalization the price has gone down from $250 to $170 for 28.4 grams. The tourists going on holiday in Honolulu get taken advantage of and the price is $25-$40 a gram.

That's just what I mean lets talk about what it is about, all this bong smoking and butter making bull is not the point, it's something that for various reasons should be legalized and regulated in a uniform way! But prob it's our corrupt governments that don't know what to do. They are willing to control the war on drugs but in the meanwhile there contractor friends are making tax money out off the same war including (mostly)cannabis. The people for who It should be free or close to free are the victims again! It's like when you go to the liquer store and the lady behind the counter ask you is it to get drunk or to forget the pain in your back and charges different price for the same bottle twisted all the way man.

That's just what I mean lets talk about what it is about, all this bong smoking and butter making bull is not the point, it's something that for various reasons should be legalized and regulated in a uniform way! But prob it's our corrupt governments that don't know what to do. They are willing to control the war on drugs but in the meanwhile there contractor friends are making tax money out off the same war including (mostly)cannabis. The people for who It should be free or close to free are the victims again! It's like when you go to the liquer store and the lady behind the counter ask you is it to get drunk or to forget the pain in your back and charges different price for the same bottle twisted all the way man.

Aloha Undutched, I learned a long time ago that "War is a Racket" in Vietnam watching a Shell Oil truck cruise down a road that we had major trouble on with our tanks and helicopters providing cover. The war on drugs is more a war on people who refuse to buy into the general proposition that politicians know what is best for all.
  • Like 1

Man I wish I was in Hawai, and have my three plants as high as trees growing I would not mind doing the exchange. Everywhere you go people are people and are trying to make few bugs out of everything. I wish there were politicians who would decide not from a incorporated point of vieuw but from the peoples point of vieuw. (Who have elected them so they think), dont think I´m going to withness that this life time around. I would like to shit in there face one by one they do that with us all the time and funny thing most people don´t even care anymore, bizar. They just bend over and have it over with the Dutch are blown away by this bizar crisis and lying politicians around it!!! We have saved the bank but there will never be a bank saving us, they rather shoot us in the back after we brought our money again to help this morans survive. I'm a computer technician and more is there jobs outhere?

It was a fucking crazy week in Argentina...

Aloha Fran.gh, Perhaps next year they will have better leadership. Put Seattle Hempfest on your list it is going to be a sure thing for 22 years in a row 100% going to happen with 250,000 to 500,000 people at the event.
  • Like 1

Aloha oldemarine when is it held this year in Seatlle I would love to visit the festival and maybe we can meet, I've done some research and it looks like the coolest event out there for so many years in a row, amazing.

Aloha oldemarine when is it held this year in Seatlle I would love to visit the festival and maybe we can meet, I've done some research and it looks like the coolest event out there for so many years in a row, amazing.

Aloha Undutched, This will be the first year of legal Cannabis for adults in Washington State and wll be a major celebration with music and good times on Puget Sound. It sure would be Nice to see British Columbia, Alaska, Oregon, Hawaii, and California follow the lead of the voters in Colorado, and Washington State. The West Coast of North America could be a model for the entire World
  • Like 2