Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
31arts

Genetic mutation?

I have a strain I have been working on for about 2 years now, and I notice that it has a strange leaf pattern. Certain leaves exhibit two extra leaflets growing in the center of the leaf but they overlap the main center leaf. I have seen this pheno in 2 different generations. Is it a genetic mutation, or an environment induced mutation?

Last season, I grew 4 form this strain, and one had the 2-extra leaflet gene. This season, I have 20 plants, and only one is showing 2-extra leaflet gene. Should I harness this mutation, and make it the trademark of the strain that I have been developing for 4 over years?

post-16524-0-29492400-1364789063.jpg

post-16524-0-16889700-1364789093.jpg

post-16524-0-49795500-1364789122.jpg

I have a White Rhino that is doing something very similar.

yes i've grown 2 3 strains with leaves like this, or little bud growing in the leaf, but if i remember correctly both plants in the end showed a little bananas toward the end of flow, so keep an eye n her just in case it's a sign, or not ^^

But looks nice and fun yes ^^

I have a strain I have been working on for about 2 years now, and I notice that it has a strange leaf pattern. Certain leaves exhibit two extra leaflets growing in the center of the leaf but they overlap the main center leaf.

I ve seen this in the early 80's last time :biggrin:

Absolutely no reason to worry, it is just something special

yes i've grown 2 3 strains with leaves like this, or little bud growing in the leaf, but if i remember correctly both plants in the end showed a little bananas toward the end of flow, so keep an eye n her just in case it's a sign, or not ^^

But looks nice and fun yes ^^

I have seen this on an LA Cheese from BB, as I recall it also grew nanners towards the end of flowering :( Hows she looking now 31arts? :)