Hashish in the Himalayas

Hom

Hey Home you might love this blog

indianhashish(dot)wordpress(dot)com

wow....thats alot of tosh balls lad.... I went to Tosh when I was over in October and scored some of these too. They were from a year or 2 before and tasted fuckin awesome. some of the finest charas I found on the whole trip. You ever use this service?

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wish I were able to be there for 420, but alas it is not to be.

It is a place I will no doubt visit, autumn sometime would be nice when flowers are ready for rubbing.

I would love to make some charas for my self.

Have a great time if you are ther for 420 and smoke some for me ;)

Peace bro

Lams

I wish I were able to be there for 420, but alas it is not to be.

It is a place I will no doubt visit, autumn sometime would be nice when flowers are ready for rubbing.

I would love to make some charas for my self.

That is a nice thing to do. We did this 1980 in Kashmir and Himachal. Maybe I will find some old photos of myself standing in the Himalayas rubbing in the field and post them...will be fun.

But be forwarned: autumns is late and we got stuck there high up in Kashmir and winter started. man, I can not forget this. NO more tourists at all and it is freezing and no heating but a thick coat and small charcoal oven between your legs, day and night. No more ttzransport to the mainland.  Then the real adventure starts and you are one of the locals. We got out after two months......

• Like 2

Would love to see your photos firefighter.

Some great advice, thanks for including it.

Be sure when I do do it all nescessary reseach and preparation will be made and taken.

I am a hardy moutain goat and sooner tourist leave the happier i am.

I will take all advice given gratefully as you can't beat actuall experience.

Thanks brother

Peace & smokes

Lams

• Like 2

Would love to see your photos firefighter.

Some great advice, thanks for including it.

Be sure when I do do it all nescessary reseach and preparation will be made and taken.

I am a hardy moutain goat and sooner tourist leave the happier i am.

I will take all advice given gratefully as you can't beat actuall experience.

Thanks brother

Peace & smokes

Lams

Yes, times have changed too a bit I guess. That was in a rwmote area near Batkot. Now they have better transport but in the 70's and 80s roads were blocked for weeks in winter. Also in north pakistan you could not get out before the big highway was build and 90% of the flights to Giligit were cancelled and 500% overbooking. So what to do: be a tough guy and get cozy with locals ;-)

• Like 1

I like your attitude and getting to know the locals is the only way to get to know the the place your are staying in. :)

I'd rather be chatting to locals anyday than be talking to tourists on a jolly. This is not to say that some tourist won't be nice people, but if I visit a country I am also thier to visit it's people and share thier customs.

Getting to Mallana/Manali these days is so much quicker now they built the road in 2010 and now takes 4 hours rather than 2 week trekking.

Now the population has gon up 40% and is easier for more tourists to get there.

Your right about reduced numbers of people in the winter, I was talking to someone just the other day that a lot of the shops are run by russians and in the winter they all go home,That was in manali. I am not so sure if it is the same in Kasol, which has a lot od isralies, but I imagine it is.

Peace bro

Lams

• Like 1

Your right about reduced numbers of people in the winter, I was talking to someone just the other day that a lot of the shops are run by russians and in the winter they all go home,That was in manali. I am not so sure if it is the same in Kasol, which has a lot od isralies, but I imagine it is.

India and Pakistan are such season destinations. The hippies in India travel with the monsoon and the weather only....summer in the mountains, fall in Rajasthan and winter in Goa or south India :biggrin:

As soon as you drop out of the hippie trail you will see another India, you are in Bharat ;-)) No tourist in the winter in the mountain baba...

I was very young but today I doubt I could stand it and tourists: forget it but I would like to know if the european expats stay there in winter but I doubt this too but would be happy to hear about ........ :crazy: :crazy:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

firefighter, your wonderful memories of the 70's and 80's are best kept as memories. If you went back everything will have changed and your memories will be polluted and you'll find disappointment.  Keep your memories as they are now as there is no going back to those wonderful innocent days.  I only know because I've tried :-)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Just dreaming about those mountains. And this cream, this cream... So good walking mountains all around, such a nice feeling you must have experienced at this moment. I know it's no the same atmosphere, but why not growing this kind of landrace back home, under lamp or outside, and making this cream at home, your own, made with passion and patience !! Take some beans next time, from every place you find, and send them back home =). To experience this feeling at the beach or other montains for exemple, or going to a concert =) and reminding you the time when you were walking in those mountains, or drinking a chai in pushkar =)

Peace.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...