THE HANDYMANS First REAL grow room build

THE HANDYMAN

Hi guys, a while back I decided I was going to build myself a nice grow room,not just for cannabis but for all types of fruit veg and flowers as I plan to start doing some of the county fairs in and around my area in the summer months,ok im a bit young for that but I really enjoy it,. So I will bring you guys along and let you see everything I do in the build good bad and ugly,the ugly being me, . I think to start off I will start at the begoining for me and the main reason I am building this for myself, As many of you guys know already I spent Nearly 16 years on Heroin among other things but heroin and Valium were the ones that really took hold and fucked me up,tho I will say that it was me that fucked up and not the drug no one made me use heroin,but me iv no sob story that I was abused or anything, i just used cos i enjoyed it it was and has always been on me and my decision to do it all,AT FIRST!!! then you need it just to function so in that respect i had no choice to take it because i still had to try and live a normal life and you cant do that with a very bad case of the flu so there is no way you can do it with the withdrawal i had, the last few years it had got to the stage that i was waking up ion the morning and my breakfast was 25 10mg diazepam and around 2 grams of heroin in a needle and about half a gram on the foil! that was just my morning routine ! so u see i had problems, BIG PROBLEMS ...i decided to stop all of a sudden one day, i arranged to start a methadone script and it was all arranged but first i had to deal with my valium habbit as the drugs team would not touch me as they said it was to dangerous to stop such a massive dose of valium a day by which time was at least 40 10 mg a day,(i know i hardly believe it myself now),so the shit begun and for 2 months solid i was in and out of the emergency unit at least once a week as i was taking VERY bad fits my heart stopped on 4 occasions as well, BUT i was not going to let this shit dictate to me anymore, i basically said to my self if i die its cool, BETTER THAT THAN THIS ANYMORE!! So i done it and got on my methadone and bit by bit i came down and then off,But all the time throo the whole thing i felt like there was something missing,i knew what it was HEROIN AND VALIUM so that needed filled ! to start with i started playing call of duty on the wii and got really into that,then i started to hack and code as it was a really good way for me to take my mind of things,,then one day i got some grass from a mate i used to grow with and sat down to roll and saw a vid on you tube,about autoflowers in a cupboard and my first plant of this whole thing was born auto Russian #2 it was,it was tiny but it kick started a passion for all thing horticulture again, i say again as i used to love it all wit my granddad, ,,so that brings us up to now, you guys have seen my slow progression with my small grow tent and now i want to go up a notch or ten and do a full grow room and green house, LOL I JUST REALISED I NEVER SAID WHY I STARTED TO GARDEN,!! IT TAKES ME SOMWHERE I CAN CHILL OUT NO MATTER WHAT!! and that is with out a joint, the pleasure of it is just as good as the drugs ever were, put it simply because of this plant i am now in the real world and my own buiseness is going from strength to strength and a lot because og this little plant called cannabis,,,OH AND THE OTHER REALY BIG INFLUENCE WAS THE GH GROW SESSIONS ,,i watch them over and over every night when i wasnt sleeping taking in all the info,also watching things like Jeorge cerventes , Any way enough about my past and now to the future THE GROW ROOM . ok so iv posted the first real plan and the tubs i will be using,they are just cement mixing trays and for veg room deep prop trays, i will be building two separate boxes as u can see and insulating the roof and in between the paster boards of the rooms, but first il have to put up stud work and make the frames,when iv done that il post again,or if i have any misshaps il post them, cheers guys hope you all watch and if you see thing you think not right let me know i may ignore you but please try,lol ,ps the room that is built is coming down tho will look similar but with plaster board i think

post-16044-0-05535400-1365952234.jpg

post-16044-0-75117900-1365952461.jpg

post-16044-0-70042300-1365952468.jpg

post-16044-0-22103500-1365952476.jpg

post-16044-0-03429600-1365952487.jpg

• Like 1

well that's the plan mate, lol yep its been a really good couple of years and all just going better and better, im going to lay out everything tonight and build the lean to greenhouse so il post 2moro my progress,,cheers dust mate,,hope to make the site proud as all the ideas will come from here so,and from folk like your self, i want to get as many people involved as possible in the set up so any ideas from every one welcome

glad I checked this build out, good to hear you have yourself sorted bro, currently helping a mate through a similar situation. Also my enter button has the same issue on this site, and for some reason my font size has changed now too and I can change it but it posts in this size???

• Like 1

lol, see DUST IM NOT CRAZY LOL THERE IS SOMRTHING WRONG WITH IT,lol xD thanks mate hope your mate is doing ok, ,if I can ever help then give me a pm id be glad to if I can, I hope your mate likes the report and some of the other stuff on the site if I thaught that I helped just one guy in a little way to being cool again would make me happy. plus the folk on this sie are all really good people, again the offer is there if you even need any advice with your mate, pm me k ,, here is a pic of the foundations to the green house tho there ont be any weed in this really maybe a small one,but its all good tho ,lol

post-16044-0-37855000-1365985559.jpg

• Like 1

i should also let you guys know that i have decided to be totally open and honest about all my growing and smokeing, i think this is because that we need to get as many people as possible to stand up and be counted on this whole cannabis thing in the UK,so many people are so scared about getting busted with a plant or two,, i want to try and spread the word and inform people around here , and try to help them realise that we are not all stoned all day and most don't just smoke to get high, u know i want to put over every argument i can, i am not sure when i will actually go public,but i know now that i will i just need to get somthings right in my head about all the legal stuff, and i am also waiting to hear from some MPs that have said they would help,,iv also got a few local police and some that are from other areas that i grew up with, infact one of them is actually the cop that was the last one that ever tried to get me for dealing when i did,,shit he wanted me so bad !! tho never came close as none of them ever did,well at least not with the drug selling anyway,lol. The fact that even he is now sick of things and is willing to stick his neck out to help, i think in America they have a thing that the police are campaigning for legalisation, So things are getting a lot better and more relaxed BUT and this is a huge BUT there are not enough people willing to put there neck on the line for this cause,,,So as i do not have to hide this from anyone in my family why would i worry about the cops,,lets face it the main reason people don't like being caught with this is because they don't like people knowing,ie family mine know now that this plant has been a real saviour to me and they know it could help thousands more in all kinds of ways, i should also say that my folks have been VERY important in the drug addiction world,,my dads foundation has helped hundreds of people in my area in some way or other and are all very well know and loved for it,as my grandfather also was. still not sure how to go about this whole thing ,all i know for sure is that something has to be done to try and kick start it all, So back to the grow room , i thaught i could use thios as a way of getting it out there a little on you tube,, and give my whole story at the same time and try to explain my way of thinking and how the plant and not the drug cannabis has helped me,,,,again guys any help or ideas are very welcome, plus if you think its a good idea or how u would do it,,u know guys just throw some ideas,,,i may well post this separate to try and getbas many people as possible in on this,,il think about it and talk to some people first may be you can let me know what u think. please guys don't give silly answers that i have no chance of doing ,, this means a lot to me and im sure you all too,,at least those in the uk

• Like 1

hi guys here is a new update on my plans iv thaught about it a little and im going to split the flower room in two a flood tray each side, and some room in middle in need be,,that way I can run different nutes or flush ,whatever,,im thinking a cantilever door in flower room for space and real door on door inside to grow room space,,then door to outside , the veg room I think im just gonna have a few t5s and use as much day light as possible as iv a window there no one can see in but get loads of light all day,, so il save on electric, im hopeing il be going to order all the materials I need 2moro so when it all comes il posr again, getting exiting now,lol

post-16044-0-40980000-1366158619.png

• Like 2

hi guys id like to ask everyone really (so I may put up in own thread) I was thinking of trying to breed,as I said above im going to do two separate flower rooms,well areas that can be tottaly sealed from one another or used together, how would I if I can do,use that to pollinate and grow males,is it possible to do that so close?? if so what would I need in the way of fans and filters or any equiptment ,cost no matter as long as not stupid

well..it's no secret i'm not expert in breeding areas ^^ but i'm not sure it's really safe to grow the 2 next to another. unless you are really really sure but i think polen will fly in the room anyway when you open, and maybe enter in the other the next time you will open. think you need at least 2 separate rooms to put the grow rooms in.. but well it's only guessing ^^

you can turn a single branch on a plant, (few different ways possible) or a whole plant (few ways to do this too) the way I would do it is to turn a single branch, collect the pollen sacks before they open and refridgerate then grow the plant you want to cross with and use the pollen you have harvested prior to pollinate a single branch, or the whole plant, I would do a single branch as this would be plenty of seeds to play with I think, as these would both be genetically strong female specimens to start with, that are simply stressed in the right way to turn, the resulting seed stock should still have very strong female genetics and produce fine smoke, (unless stressed) :cool:

I couldn't say because I havn't used cfl's, but I don't think a great deal of light would be needed to produce seed, as the plant and flower are already fully developed it's only stressing it from here, but this would be more suited to the whole plant scenario, when doing a single branch you don't want to stress the entire plant just the one branch, my reason for doing the one branch is to produce pollen sacks within the flower room and still get a nice smoking female crop from the rest of the plant/ plants in the room as they will not turn if you remove the pollen filled branch before the sacks open.

you can turn a single branch on a plant, (few different ways possible) or a whole plant (few ways to do this too) the way I would do it is to turn a single branch, collect the pollen sacks before they open and refridgerate then grow the plant you want to cross with and use the pollen you have harvested prior to pollinate a single branch, or the whole plant, I would do a single branch as this would be plenty of seeds to play with I think, as these would both be genetically strong female specimens to start with, that are simply stressed in the right way to turn, the resulting seed stock should still have very strong female genetics and produce fine smoke, (unless stressed) :cool:

iv seen this done before I think with tyresias mist, think il look into this ,at least il know if the plant there on goes crazy I need to sort it before gets to ther area,,anyway had a hold up ordering but il be doing it this weekend now,and starting the real building next week just in time for my 3 pinapple express my magnum auto ,and my two old school tho don't think all will be thereat end tho,lol depends on howthis goes.i know now im going to be using my hps for a few days so I can sort out the temps and things,,but will cross that bridge wen I come to it,,catch you later guys

hi guys just a little update no pics tho,,this week iv been kinnda stuck as I needed to sell my car to get room to store thing while doing the build,so I sold today and now have the space I need to now I can order everything, I have also ordered another new LED its a 120w actual watts that is PRAKASA led iv heard some good thing about them and it was not bad price more than others but if it is better its a good test before I pay for the ones I really want ,,one true 300w for each table,,tho just now iv got 200 so im ot bad but id rather the light to be uniform in colour,so il let you guys know when it comes,,i have also just ordered this pack ,

Indica mix G contains strains: A.M.S. The Church, TrainWreck, White Widow, White Rhino,and am getting also another widow and an auto of some kind too,,so one or two of these will be the first real full grow in the room,as il not split til its finished,il do one iv tried and one iv not so maybe widow and ams or rhino and shark,,not sure but im sure it will make for a good journal as I am planning now to make sure this grow room is the real thing and not just play time,,so iv also decided to go for real flood trays too,but for now il just go for one and use the other tray thing iv got as a recirculating drip or maybe just a run to waste, but I inted now to put two 2x4 tables in one each end,and space in middle to stand and do work,i will be posting pics 2moro so keep an eye out and you will se the first .cheers guys

well im hoping so mate iv kinnda done a little thinking today and well , ivgot a lot more space in the place as I got rid of my car so all the stuff from the grow can go in to van and taken to the house and put in garage,as no car,,also I have the cash from the sale of the car too,tho most of that will be going to my AMS trip in july aug, with my daughter,,CANT WAIT TO TAKE HER she is bustin to go too,anyway so im thinking opf a little change and a possible move round as I don't need any space for anything else at all but grow room now,,what would you guys do????? please all suggestions welcome even drawing,,infact im gonna post a whole thread for that and get as much input as I can,,for the lay out of it..i think I posted my plan I done on pc so you know the size of the room and where the door and window is,,everything else is a blank canvas,,and I really want to get it right,,remember tho this will not just be used for cannabis most of it will be fruit and veg,so please guy give me some help and input on it,,,oh and by the way iv ordered a new filter,,iv went for one of those canfilter plastic light ones to give a try,,as its so cheap I thaught if I get 4,5 months out of it il be happy at that,,and they do work for smell I just don't think they last as long,but easy to replace ,wash. and il not really need in the veg room as there will be tomatoes in there that will be enough to hide a few vegging ..I HOPE,LOL,,shit if the little buggers round here get a smell of this there will be partys all over ,lol,,anyway as much help as pos guys please as im holding off to see what you think,,cheers

• Like 1

i'll have a look in our other thread i saw it but this weekend i have lots of things planned, but when i'll have time i'll see if i have an idea for you ^^ who knows maybe it will be a good idea for once :P

good luck