What's Up?? Noob here, 1st time grow. Will be using an 8 bulb T-5 setup, with a 2x4 sidelighting, also T-5. Plants are seedlings now, but will do LST or SCROG when it's time. Any help, criticism, knowledge will be appreciated.

Strains- Lemon Skunk, Ketama, Chill Om, Hashbomb

216w for seedlings-

648w for grow n bloom

using blue antics and 6500 for veg- will use flora suns, coral wave and 3000k for flower, finishing up with UVB

Pro-Mix Organic Soil- and Roots Organic EWC is what I will use when I transplant.

Seedlings are 9 and 7 days old

Peace, Love n Light!

post-21505-0-92501500-1366049893.jpg

post-21505-0-65885400-1366050012.jpg

Hey man thanks for making a grow journal for us, the post is indeed not in the right section i move it to the good room.

I hope the babies will grow well till harvest and that we'll see it all in pics ;)

Have a god grow!

I've gown with the same setup of T-5s that you are using. I usually grow in soil 8 Hashberry from Mandela at a time. The only real issues I had were even with the side lights, I was still fighting for light. I had to turn them and rearrange them 2x a day. Doing the scrog will probably work great for you as you will have more control of them and it only looks like you are doing 4. The strains you are doing are Lemon skunk- 60/40 Sativa dom, Ketama-indica dom, chill om indica/sat but grows high, hashbomb-indica. you may have issues fighting them as they seem to be all over the map on heighth but perhaps in a scrog this isn't of concern. I thought when doing a scrog and especially a sog that using the same strain helps. In any case, its a blast funning something and I'm sure we will all have fun watching your grow. Here are pic or two of my Hashberry from awhile back. I since switched to MH and HPS. Best of luck and make us proud!

post-19859-0-74782200-1366108002.jpg

post-19859-0-95779200-1366108108.jpg

Hey Turksteelman- Thanks for the input. My Lemon Skunk, Om Chill and are from Mandala. The Hashbomb is from Attitude, and the Ketama is from Dutch Seeds. I'm hoping that with only four plants, it won;t be that big of a fight for light. I'm only growing for me, so even if I only get 1/4 or hopefully an oz, it will do me good. PLus I plan to try a perpetual grow in the future.

I'n also hoping with the SCROG or LST I'll be able to combat the light issue. I can't run MH or HPS due to the heat issues, so I'm stuck with the T-5s or LEDs for now.

You Hashberry looks great man. I thought I lost the Ketama, because last night she was wilted pretty bad. It got to 90 degs in the closet but I hope I caught her in time.

lata Cuz.

Today I transplanted my daughters. Ketama isn't feeling too well. I saw that she has a tear in her leaf, but I don't know how it got there. She started to wilt and her leaves turned down all last night until this a.m. Post transplant, Ketama seems to be doing well. ONly time will tell. But I added only Root Organic EWC, and they seem to be adapting to their new homes.

I tried to upload pics, but "it" won;t let me. I'll try again lata.

Looks like they're loving their new homes! Ketama is a strong bitch!~ She came back from near death I do believe.

Peace n Light

P.S. We also have Clear Quartz and Selenite in with the girls. The CQ was white and clear. It now has flecks of black in there that wasn't there before, and Ketama is doing much, much better. So there are healing properties in the crystals for plants also.

!st Pic- Ketama in front, Lemon Skunk in rear.

2nd Pic- Hashbomb in front, Chill Om in rear.

post-21505-0-78085700-1366221488.jpg

post-21505-0-40794300-1366221764.jpg

• Like 1

Appreciate the love bro. I was really frightened that I would mess it up during the transplant. My mouth was dry and my heart was beating fast. I took a few deep breaths to center myself, said a few aummmm's, and just did it. :cool:

• Like 1

Who would have thought that grown men would act this way over a tiny plant! Glad the transplant went well. Once my ladies where in flower, I put those t-5's just about 4" from them. I was able to pull about 8.5oz from the 8 Hashberry. So you should be able to do much better with a scrog. Something I've recently learned is that its not important how many you grow but you should only grow to your light capacity cause that's how it all happens. How long do you plan on veging them?

Dust- LMFAO!

Turksteelman- Dude you are a trip! LMFAO @ "Who would have thought that grown men would act this way over a tiny plant!"

8.5oz! That would be a dream! I'm hoping to at least get them to harvest, and I'll be happy with anything the Gods let me have!

I was thinking on letting them veg for 1 month, or at least until they are bushy and strong enuf. I'm not sure, but from lurking in different forums for the past year before I even got the balls to try for myself, it seems that 1 month, or when the plnats are half their adult size. I have 7ft of closet height, so I'm not TOO ocncerned, but of course I'd like to keep them as small as possible.

How long did you let yours veg for? Yes, I've also discovered fomr reading about t-5's, LEDs, CFL, etc- that you have to keep them close to the light source; and you should only have as many plants as you do light power (wattage). Does that make sense cause I can't come any closer than that! ;)

I'm not worried about the smell, cause it's a pvt house with only me, the wifer, and our 5 furry kids.

• Like 2

I usually run them in veg to 30 days and no more. That at least kept them managable. There is lots of good info in the forums here on scrog if thats what you end up doing. From what I've read, you would veg a scrog longer until it fills out about 2/3 of the screen. Then in flower the rest will fill in. But don't take my word on that as there are some great experts on this forum that can help you dial it in. I had the same issue you have with heat as I live in a desert. Its always hard to keep the temps down. I try to begin Jan 1 and then run it out for 3 months. It was only this last grow that I invested in setting up my room with a standalone A/C and all the filters and lights. I look forward to watching how you do it. Go make magic!

I'll make sure to check out the SCROG and SOG/LST tuts on here. I forgot to ask you, how'd the Hashbomb come out? Like was it potent, cause it sure as hell looks like it could put a whooping on that arse! And does she get bigger? Right now she's the runt of the group. I moved her to soak up some more of that blue antic bulb. They seem to love them. Thanks cuz.

I grew the Hashberry not the Hashbomb. Sorry, can't help with the Hashbomb. However, it is an indica and I would think it wouldn't be much different than the Hashberry. Perhaps someone will come along who has grown the Hashbomb and let you know. I found the Hashberry has been my favorite of all my grows. Very couch lock and tastes very fruity. I just did a Liberty Haze grow over in the all mediums grow forum and it has the opposite effect, very strong head high. I totally prefer the Indicas like Hashberry. I grew the Hashberry out to about 24"-30". I do however chop the tops in veg. Cheers

Turksteelman- I have Hashberry too! I tried to germinate it and ganesh in Roots Organic, and they never took! It was asn experiment I was doing to determine which brand I wanted to go with. But thanks for the info on the Hashberry anyways, as it will be included in my next grow. Peace!

Okay- So I put the girls to bed for the first time since they sprouted on 4/10 and 4/12. They'd been on a 24/0 cycle.

So now they're on a 19/5 cycle for the next two weeks, and then final week of veg 20/4. They go to sleep with me @ 10:30 pm, and wake up with me @ 0330 hrs.

Here's an update on them. Still just giving water, no nutes yet as they haven't said they needed anything else right now.

Thanks for your input! Peace n Light.

post-21505-0-11308100-1366734021.jpg

• Like 2

They work great! My fear was when I moved them to bigger pots, I would over water them. So the wife got me these worms, and when the soil is very wet they are a dark redbrown- when the soil gets dry, they turn pink. Definitely worth the $6.96 for 5 price.

http://www.mastergardening.com/plant-protection-water-sensor-terra-cotta-worm-design-5-pack/

• Like 1

mopman- yeah they work pretty good. I still lift and stick my finger in anyways just to be sure.

Well, here's an update on my daughters. They are growing well and responding to the blue lights.

They're on 19/5 for next two weeks, then to 12/12.

Thanks For Viewing. Peace, Love n Light.

1st Photo: Ketema n Chill Om

2nd Photo: Lemon Skunk n Hashbomb

They've been alive since 4/10 n 4/12.

The growth from just six days ago is S I C K SICK!

post-21505-0-59266900-1367263104.jpg

post-21505-0-04206900-1367263210.jpg

• Like 2

Hello! Okay, so I was checking the plants to make sure they're alright, and I noticed this leaf. It's the only one on the plant, and all the other leaves on the plant are the green they're supposed be. Does anyone know what might've caused this single leaf to turn this color? (Lemon Skunk)

And for some reason, this plant (Ketama) is looking a bit funny, although she isn't needing any water or any thing, she looks wilted still. I included a pic of her harvested- maybe that's the way the leaves grow? Not sure. Any suggestions?

All in all, the closet is beginning to smell planty, and there are strange bugs hanging around that I've never seen before. Not in the plants, but they are buzzing about. Also, when I do move the leaves around, my hands are smelling a bit like weed. Narly!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or info pertaining to the pics, or anything else. Peace, love n light!

post-21505-0-63510400-1367594768.jpg

post-21505-0-40496500-1367594979.jpg

post-21505-0-49653900-1367595263.jpg

Are they drying out nicely between watering ? and are the bugs in the soil or plants ? Plant looks good otherwise. Not sure what is causing that on the leaf, but if it does not spread i would not worry about it. That blue light seems to be working well. What tubes are those again ?