Nice grow bro! Looks like you got the issue you had a little while back solved.

Ever tried ACTs? And also, maybe you can get some CFLs to add for some sidel lighting?!

In the next 2-3 weeks, if you let them, they'll stretch like CRAZY! More light will help them with that.

Nice that you LST'd them. That'll helpout too. After wk5 you can untie them as they should be done growing upward

Hey International Green, thanks for your comments. I've never heard of ACTs (Googled it and got a bunch of non-plant stuff), but yes, FINALLY I heard what they were saying, and fed them the right things. I'm using organic products only.

I'll be adding side lighting once my new rig gets here, hopefully next week. That'll give me 732 watts for 4 plants. The LST seems to be working- of course the sativas are stretching faster than the indicas. Thanks for the tip on what week to untie them. Peace, love n prosperity!

• Like 1

Hey International Green, thanks for your comments. I've never heard of ACTs (Googled it and got a bunch of non-plant stuff), but yes, FINALLY I heard what they were saying, and fed them the right things. I'm using organic products only.

I'll be adding side lighting once my new rig gets here, hopefully next week. That'll give me 732 watts for 4 plants. The LST seems to be working- of course the sativas are stretching faster than the indicas. Thanks for the tip on what week to untie them. Peace, love n prosperity!

Your welcomed bro. ACT is Aerated Compost Tea.

You growing organic, you HAVE TO look into them!

Just to get you feet wet, you can get a small fish tank pump and use it to make a tea in a one gal jug.

I still do it to this day with excellent results.

If you have EWCs and molasses(UnSulphured), you have the ability to make yourself an effective ACT.

If you add things like compost, kelp meal, alfalfa meal, fish hydrolysate, or bat guano, you can literally make you own organic fertilizer.

After you use an effective tea, you can notice an EXPLOSION of growth within the hours following(2-4hrs).

This website, http://www.microbeorganics.com/#What_is_Compost_Tea_ has pretty much ALL you need to know about compost teas.

I've had some SERIOUS success with these, as I'll show in a bit on my thread, so if you're interested in learning more just ask anytime brother.

Hey bro- I use Bu's Brew, and yes, I did notice that after I used this tea, my girls got bright eyed and bushy tailed right quick! I just put it in a bucket, and stirred it every few hours, and poured it over them at night. The small fish pump is a great idea, although I didn't mind the stirring a bit.

The next day they were standing tall! I will look at the link you left me for the other tea. I also use Roots Organic EWCs, FF Organic Fert, and Espoma Bone/Blood Meal and Dolomite Lime. I have some Bio Bizz Root Juice, Fish Mix, and Bloom, but I have yet to use them.

It seems like the Bone Meal takes care of the Phosp probs, the Dolomite takes care of the cal/mg def and ph problems, and the FF Fert is enough food for them it appears, for now. Thanks for all of the great tips man. I'll be picking up some bat guano, kelp, and alfalfa meal to make my own tea.

So do you feed this tea to them every day, only during waterings, or once a week? I used Bu's Brew twice, but I wasn't sure how long the concoction lasts as it doesn't say, so I used it for a twice over a two week period. It didn't have any smell, so I thought it okay to use. And it didn't harm the plants either.

peace, light n prosperity

Hey bro- I use Bu's Brew, and yes, I did notice that after I used this tea, my girls got bright eyed and bushy tailed right quick! I just put it in a bucket, and stirred it every few hours, and poured it over them at night. The small fish pump is a great idea, although I didn't mind the stirring a bit.

The next day they were standing tall! I will look at the link you left me for the other tea. I also use Roots Organic EWCs, FF Organic Fert, and Espoma Bone/Blood Meal and Dolomite Lime. I have some Bio Bizz Root Juice, Fish Mix, and Bloom, but I have yet to use them.

It seems like the Bone Meal takes care of the Phosp probs, the Dolomite takes care of the cal/mg def and ph problems, and the FF Fert is enough food for them it appears, for now. Thanks for all of the great tips man. I'll be picking up some bat guano, kelp, and alfalfa meal to make my own tea.

So do you feed this tea to them every day, only during waterings, or once a week? I used Bu's Brew twice, but I wasn't sure how long the concoction lasts as it doesn't say, so I used it for a twice over a two week period. It didn't have any smell, so I thought it okay to use. And it didn't harm the plants either.

peace, light n prosperity

Hey bro, I hadn't heard of Bu's Blend tea before now, but just did a google search and it's to be simple compost tea bags, so it's def. the same concept as an ACT.

Seems to be REALLY expensive tho at $10.99 for 4 tea bags. If you pick up some gunao, kelp, and alfalfa you'l spend at most $35 and those product will last you a few grows! And that's buying the smallest of everything! Make sure you source some compost too. That's the most imporant part of the ACT.

When you put the tea bags in some water and stir it ever once in a while, you're doing what the fish tank pump would be doing 24/7 ya know?

The added oxygen keeps away bad pathogens that you can brew in teas, and it also shakes the microbes free from the compost.

Also, when you "feed" the bu's blend tea, your feeding your soil, which in turn makes food avaible for your plants.

In organics, we're never technically "feeding" out plants. We feed out soil and the soil feeds the plants.

And when you brew a good tea, it should smell nice and earthy, just like some compost. IT can have a bit of a sweet smell due to the kelp and molasses, but as long as it's not TOO strong of a sweet smell it's fine.

When you use the Bu's Blend or make you own ACT(aerated compost tea), the goal in to mutliply the microbes in the tea bag, or in the kelp,alfalfa,etc that you add, and them pour them over you soil. Once in the soil ecosystem, some of those microbe organism will provide food right away for you plants, while others go dormant, or are consumed by other microbes and store in the soil. So in organics, you feed the soil where as with feeding synthetics, you bypass the soil and feed the plant directly.

But I'm personally am using the teas every other watering this run, like I did the last run.

Prior to that I had success using them 3/4 waterings, so I'm positive you can use them as you like.

Just gotta make sure you brew good teas rather than just mixing stuff and pouring it on your soil.

By the color green of your plants, I would have thought you used teas already..So the fact that you use the bu's explains it :)

I totally understand now the difference between organic and synthetic grows now. I mean, I knew that synthetic growers use chems and such, but I thought both variations fed the same way. Okay- great information, because I was also spraying the leaves with the Bu's Brew for foliar feedings.

When I get the time this week, I'll definitely have to make my way over to Home Depot and pick up the aforementioned items to make my own tea. Gotta run for now, but I really appreciate the information. P, L n L.

No prob brother.

But I'm not 100% sure as to the hows and whys of foliar feeding as I've yet to really try it.

I've read I'm sure it works tho, as I've seen ppl using it all around.

But when you brew a compost teas, depending on the brew, you can brew a nutrient tea which will provide the plants with some soluble organic nutrients immediately, sorta like with synthetic feeding.

As the microbes in the tea reproduce and feed of the ingredients in the tea, they pretty much retain some of x(whatever nutrient), and poop the rest of it out, which is plant ready organic fertilizer essentially. So when you pour it on the soil, you get a little right away, and a little for later in a sense.

I've observed that last grow.

Seems like after every tea, they grow quite a bit within a 4 hour window!

@ International Green- Sorry for the lateness in replying bro-pretty busy week. Hey, I'm a borderless soul too! :cool: Yes, I've also noticed that when I use the tea on them, they perk up immediately. I usually give them the tea when I'm putting them to bed for the night. I have two more bags of Bu's Brew, then I'll be mixing up my own concoction. I've been foliar feeding ever since they went into veg, and it seems to be working. I plan to stop foliar feeding once the buds come in.

To all: So here's my new set up. Third week of flower. On top I've got 4 Red Suns, and 4 Flora Suns staggered (54 watts x 8=432 watts). In the rear, I've got 4 3000k, and 2 Blue Antics (54 watts x 6=324 watts); and on the side I've got 4 3000k (24 watts x4=96), for a total of 852 watts. :bye:

I put the Blues back in to keep them bushy and hopefully stunt their growth from this period on. Thanks for viewing! Peace, love, and prosperity to all!

post-21505-0-11314600-1370613970.jpg

post-21505-0-27145000-1370614080.jpg

post-21505-0-34168700-1370614214.jpg

post-21505-0-27367800-1370614314.jpg

• Like 1

International- Yeah, I'm starting to get really excited. I started with 6, lost two (they didn't pop at all), so to see these girls get this big- like whoa! I had up four pics. Don;t know what happened to the other two. So here they go...

Dust- Thanks man- I'll definitely keep the journal up.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sooo what's up? I dunno what the hell happened this weekend, but since Thurs I've been trying to post and the system will not let me log in. It won't even let me contact a site admin. So I had to make a new name. Damn. Anyways- it's been a month today since they've been in flower. Here's an update. Peace, light n prosperity.

post-28008-0-86842300-1371413710.jpg

post-28008-0-75609200-1371413962.jpg

post-28008-0-38086900-1371413998.jpg

• Like 1

thanks for the news man strange for your connexion troubles! next time if you have a problem send me a mail :)

Beside that ladies are looking great they are loving the T5 setup so far

Keep us updated have a good grow ;)

Looking good. Those side T-5's will come in handy once the foliage thickens up. Thanks for posting the pics. I would assume you turn them often so they can get some light to the whole plants? I turned my T-5 grows often. As a matter of fact, I turn my girls even with HPS! I want all bud sites to be happy! :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

What's Up Bro? They are coming along great! We had a power outage for approx 45 mins last week, and it took me 15 mins to get them out of the dark and out into the sun. The next day, they looked like th3 1st photo (most of the leaves had turned in and eventually turned bright yellow where it's dark brown).

But they recovered, and are still growing strong. Only Lemon Skunk has not produced, but she was plagued with nutritional deficiencies I could not put my hand on to fix. There are crystals on the sugar leaves, and crystals on the buds themselves. They are stinking up the place with their beautiful, aromatic pungent smells.#mmmmgood :biggrin: !

They are in their seventh week I believe, and should be ready for harvest by the 20th of July. Peace, prosperity n love!

post-28008-0-62958800-1373030900.jpg

post-28008-0-12843400-1373031301.jpg

post-28008-0-06925500-1373031337.jpg

post-28008-0-71284300-1373031373.jpg

• Like 1

Sup Turksteelman? Thanks man- I learned a lot my first grow, but it is a great feeling to see them through til the end.

Hey Phyziks! Yeah, they are getting fat and smelling great. I have a mixture of Red Suns and Flora Suns in the ceiling (4/4). It was a great combination for this grow and mixture of strains.

Sup Turksteelman? Thanks man- I learned a lot my first grow, but it is a great feeling to see them through til the end.

Hey Phyziks! Yeah, they are getting fat and smelling great. I have a mixture of Red Suns and Flora Suns in the ceiling (4/4). It was a great combination for this grow and mixture of strains.

Good on you for being able to see your plants thru as a first timer man! My very first plan I harvested was harvested at least two weeks too early!

I've only got 2 completed runs for a total of 8 plants, but what I've learned in that time was to watch the calyxs really closely in the last couple weeks.

Watch for the development of new yellow pistils. When you see the development of these slowing down, and have maybe 20% or less of them, you buds will be pretty much as big as they'll get :) But July 20th sounds about good from the outside looking in.

You will be AMAZED at how much they grow at ther VERY VERY end man! I'm telling you haha!

Excited for you tho, as a first timer! Wait till you smoke some of the properly cured end product bro. It's gonna smack you in the face all at one haha :)

Starting study and planing for the dry and the cure now! I call it the harvest mind haha.

Bless bro

Sup International Green? Yeah bro, it's getting to be a very exciting time for me. They are getting fatter and starting to grow between the spaces. I didn't think they'd do much more growing but they are. I'm thinking July 20-25th, depends on how they look. I'll probably have individual harvesting since the hash bomb looks like she'll be ready first. I can't WAIT until they are properly cured, this will be a true test of will lol! Thanks for the interest.

• Like 1

It´s looking good for you bro. This is one of the few grows i actually follow now-a-day´s

It is always interesting to follow grows made by simple means that looks great.

I bet more than one experience grower like to know what happen when we go T-5 grow only. I for one learned a few things.

Good luck the harvest and feel free to report the final weight and effect ;)