@InternationalGreen- Mannn, I can't WAIT!

@Tokage- I appreciate the love bro. I'm a simple man, so my grow reflects this. I'd heard all of the arguments as to why a T-5 grow would not be effective, and since I'm "that guy" who always has to go against the grain, I decided to go with the T-5 set-up because it was cost effective (to me anyways), and it was much better on my electric bill. It's only 75 bucks more than before I started growing. I can't wait to smoke some of MY meds- feels like it should be better since I know exactly what was put in it (organic only). I'll most definitely give the final weight of ea plant. peace, love n prosperity to all!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Phyziks- I was going to cut them today, but I decided to leave them until the weekend.

@blueskyolympia- Yes they do smell lovely! Thanks.

I had to end up putting Lemon Skunk to rest. When I was dumping her, I saw that the roots were very yellow and stinky. I guess I had root rot. I never could pinpoint her issues.

I also ended up with fungus gnats, I guess from Lemon Skunk. At first I thought they were some little pests that the flowers enticed, but then I saw them crawling all over the substrate on Hashbomb and Chill-Om (Ketema is very hardy), and it didn't look right. SO I got out my magnifying glass and saw the little bitches were hopping and flying about. Long story short- I put sand on them and stopped watering for four days. They eventually left.

The other girls are doing great! Hashbomb has 75% RED HAIRS ALL OVER NOW, AND kETEMA AND cHILL-oM HAVE ABOUT 60%/ (sorry for caps). I don;t have the room to harvest separately, so Hash Bomb will have to endure a few more days. Here's some updated pics. Peace!

post-28008-0-82738400-1374800128.jpg

post-28008-0-10910700-1374800164.jpg

post-28008-0-08893300-1374800200.jpg

post-28008-0-21003900-1374800235.jpg

Edited by TheBlkVet02
  • Like 1

Some sexy flowers indeed! For future reference check out the fabric pots :) They are legit! No chance of root rot is the deal!

The change off is having to water a day or so sooner than you might have to normally, but it's worth it IMO.

Amazon and Home Depot are you bets bets! 10 pots for about $25. After you're done with them, put them in the washer and use them again.

And nice share that the sand and dry cycle worked for the gnats :D Was told that worked as well, but haven't had to do it yet luckily!

Also, is that deficiency or the leaf burn from the T5's?

Success brother :cool:

@Phyziks- Thanks!

@InternationalGreen- Thanks bro! The burn came from me having to move them outside for 45 mins during an electrical outage. When they went back under the lights, they got burned. Appreciate the tip for the fabric pots. Will definitely give them a try when I decide to give it another go. Will be moving once this batch is harvested n cured ;-)

As for those pesky little guys- yes the sand (in my case extra Pro-Mix worked as well) got rid of those buggers in about 1.5 days. Once the roots dried up, they were gone.

After examining the flowers once again, I decided to throw them in the dark for 24hrs, and I'll harvest them tomorrow. It's been 74 days already (maximum time for all strains I have, as they complete their cycle ranging from between 65-74 days (6-8 weeks)), and I don't want them to become too narcotic.

So they're in the closet in the dark with the fan on them. Peace, Love n Light!

• Like 1

@InternationalGreen- Sure you're right (stick n move), lol; and yes, 'tis a blessing indeed! I was going to get a loupe, and time passed me by.

HARVEST DAY!! So today I harvested my girls. I was excited, but sad at the same time. I'm sure all of you old-timers know that feeling. However, I got my micro shears and trimmed those girls up and hung em, and here's the finished product. My scales sucks, so I don't know what they truly weigh. Perhaps I'll go get a decent one by the time they're finished drying just to see.

All in all, I'll do it again using the T Grow, because since I'm just growing for me and the wife, I get more than enough lighting to serve our purpose. Thanks for going on me with my first grow. Peace, Love, Light n Prosperity to all.

post-28008-0-05019400-1374950073.jpg

post-28008-0-11718100-1374950109.jpg

post-28008-0-64626800-1374950143.jpg

post-28008-0-08156100-1374950179.jpg

post-28008-0-48280300-1374950214.jpg

post-28008-0-01786500-1374950249.jpg

congratulation on the harvest man! i hope you will have some good times ith the ife smoking it :D and that we will wee the next T5 grow online too ;)

Have a good drying take good care of her :)

• Like 1

@InternationalGreen- LMFAO dude! Yeah, I kept one to make sure I wasn't being hit by the dispensaries and such man, lol! 'Preciate it.

@ Dust- 'Preciate the love bro. Can't wait to smoke them- smells so effing good in here man. They're in the dark now, and I won't be checking them until next Sat to see what's going on.

lata

• Like 1

Thanks for the encouragement you provided throughout the grow bro. I planted 6, two never popped, and lost one along the way. 1/2 is not bad I guess, for a 1st timer. I'm happy n proud nevertheless. I'll check back after they've cured a bit to let you all know how they turned out. I already made some hash from the shake (hash bomb) and it blew my socks off. If the buds smoke like the hash, I'm straight for a while. P, L n L.

• Like 1

I have a kief shaker. I'm waiting on this one though. The sugar leaves and popcorn buds dried out, so I was able to get some great hash out of it. I just shake it in my soapstone, and I'm good for over an hour. Just unbelievable. This should definitely last a while. Thanks man! Wait- were you on Rollitup or one of those T-5 forums where the ProFessur had started with the red/blue light spectrum and then stopped? I just remember seeing this name with a green fuzzy thing as the avatar.

The 2nd one looks like a nice little piece you can throw on top of the dresser.. snazzy! You can probably DIY with those though. Just get a 120 micron mesh material and throw it under a cup and you have the basic concept. When you get the kief does it roll up easy or is powdery? I've been looking into simple hash making for when I get ready to harvest and no that wasn't me on Roll It Up, this is the only site I'm on but I am experimenting with dual spectrum also. I might change the red:blue ratio to 3:1 later and maybe 4:0 at the end. We'll see. By the way, nice trim job on those main colas.

@Phyziks- Thanks (colas). Yeah I like the 2nd one the best also. I might try HID at some point, cause I noticed that the T5 didn't really penetrate to the popcorn buds. I think I could've added some CFLs near the bottom, but I'm happy.

@Tokage- Hey man thanks! I'm heading to Walmart today to pick up some Mason Jars for curing.

@BillBong- Thanks- I'll letcha know how they smoke.

P,LnL!

It seems you got a large enough space for a HID, just gotta keep the temps cool and you could get real nice yields. Those T8's are perfect for SCROG method though. Your yield would be much higher especially if you went hydro like bubbleponics or DWC. I wouldn't scrap those lights yet. Just try scrog with either soil or hydro and your yields would change.

@Phyziks- Bro, I'm not sure about Hydro or DWC. I've never looked into them as I would rather grow organic. In my next set up, I'm considering a combo of T5s and LEDs. HID would be too hot for my climate.

@TastyGoodness- Hello there. Yes, to me the harvest was above expectations. But I'm happy for the yield, it serves my present purposes. However, the next time I would like to get a larger yield, so I'm considering other options. Thanks- PLnL

Well, they would definitely push your yield higher and cut the veg times shorter for a faster seed-harvest time. You could actually make a 5 gallon dwc bucket for fairly cheap and they are highly effective, but I feel you if you're going for taste. What LED's are you looking at? I'm debating that option next run or switching to DWC buckets or both. You should definitely try SCROG though. There really isn't much maintenance with a SCROG and they grow horizontally rather than vertically so you don't have to worry about light penetration because there is an even canopy, especially with T-5, and you increase your yield as well.

I agree with phyziks if you would like to increase yield DWC or some type of hydro would do well...ive seen people do organic hydro grows and it works well.. instead of using bought nutes they made organic teas and other organic feeding..so you could increase yield and keep your organic feeding :)