Dr Grinspoon by Gonzo

gonzosghost

Hey Gonzo :)

Dont worry she is absoluty fine ;) She will never get darker and if u push her darker u will ruin ur harvest ^^

You shouldnt feed her rally till the 4 underest leafs get Yellow and fall appart if u start then with half dosage of uf nutes she will be happy :)

Mg is no Problem here what we see is ur NDL Lamp she makes the Plant look more yelloish :)

She really is making great process keep it up :)

Thanks for the words of encouragement my friend :) She is an awkward one :) I realise now that she is still looking for high humidity because of the long flower time. She may look better if she was in 60% humidity but it's down to 45% due to other strains in the room. Her leaves look a bit 'dry' if you know what I mean :) She probably won't like the dryness until later I imagine :)

Hello :) Here she is, looking a bit nicer ;) Im wondering if I have the pheno with some decent bud structure as she is getting hairy up top ;) That weird colour in the close up is just the light bouncing off the white reflective wall :)

0frAuwa.jpg

vhgsbFH.jpg

Ndcno44.jpg

jbv4sp3.jpg

She is looking much better, she is feeling pretty light now and will likely need a feed tomorrow. So she has been perky for 2 days :) then when I feed her again, no doubt she will put the tips down again for another week, lol. We will see :)

• Like 4

She keeps getting bigger and bigger, lol :) I think she is slowing down now, it's been 4 weeks so it may take a week more before it stops stretching :) The Kali Mist is the same, massive stretcher. They got flowered at 6in and are now bigger than any other in the room. Will get exact measurements for you, give you an idea of how much stretch has occurred ;)

bJzZMkm.jpg

9ZETYd5.jpg

MShPkGN.jpg

It's great having one of the few heirloom sativas left in the world :) I hope I don't fuck her up ;)

She took 0.5Ec alright, should have probably just stuck with 0.4Ec though as one or two small leaves curled up as you might see :( Not to worry, she still looks ok :)

• Like 3

Yeah mate take your time with her and gradually increase her ec. To me it's better to under feed than to deal with the nut locks and flushing. She looking good still.

Thanks man :) Ive been really calm with the nutes now :) she is still stretching a little!

Well my friends this grow is really starting to teach me a lot about sativas :) Im enjoying every minute of it :) As I said the Grinspoon is still getting bigger but buds are growing :)

The strange thing is that I fed her 0.4Ec and she thought it was too much! Sometimes she'll take it sometimes she won't so I flushed with 0.2Ec and we'll just go from there :) You might see a few leaves curling :( After this grow I will have a few sativa hints and tips for the next one :) There are 4 more beans in the fridge remember? ;)

vJ95mfS.jpg

oYOefbM.jpg

Sorry bout the picture quality :)

Looks like she'd do better in a vertical SCROG Gonzo?! What you think?!

Looking like you got the Grinspoon that you want when you buy the beans tho!

Read some phenos don't have the "grinspoon" looking buds!

But who knows what the bud might look like in another couple months!

• Like 1

she looks huge on the first pic and lots of bud site :) what do you feed her with? 0,4 indeed is low but yeah she is known to be a pain to grow ^^ i hope she will give you nice sticky buds :D

Have a good grow

• Like 1

Looks like she'd do better in a vertical SCROG Gonzo?! What you think?!

Looking like you got the Grinspoon that you want when you buy the beans tho!

Read some phenos don't have the "grinspoon" looking buds!

But who knows what the bud might look like in another couple months!

Indeed she would :) Some LST or even a topping, lol might have been better. I flowered at 6in and she is now standing at 42in! 7x stretch! :) I do hope for the denser pheno :) We will see :)

she looks huge on the first pic and lots of bud site :) what do you feed her with? 0,4 indeed is low but yeah she is known to be a pain to grow ^^ i hope she will give you nice sticky buds :D

Have a good grow

This girl is on Advanced Nutes :) Like my LAs :) This is almost a sativa grow test :)

Mmmmmmmm Dr G :D. Can´t wait to see how this turn out. She is looking great brother. Wounder if Powder feeding have been better for her? Instead of AN. Any how she is beautiful. I smoke this strain only one time in Dam and it´s very strong. Best of luck on the journey brother.

Peace & Smoke

Brother Jimmy

• Like 1

Yeaaa thats what i wanted to see :D Overthe tops she allways was :P

I grew her a couple of times in a couple of techiques and i cant recomend Topping neither scrogging both will end uf in bananas ;)

The only way for this Plant is straight up and u should not fight her u should be thankfull for every inch :P

I wanna see mooooooooore :D

Grezz

• Like 1

Mmmmmmmm Dr G :D. Can´t wait to see how this turn out. She is looking great brother. Wounder if Powder feeding have been better for her? Instead of AN. Any how she is beautiful. I smoke this strain only one time in Dam and it´s very strong. Best of luck on the journey brother.

Peace & Smoke

Brother Jimmy

Thanks man :) I am dying to do some powder with this strain. I have just asked our good friends at GHSC to give me some Sativa based powder :)

• Like 1

Yeaaa thats what i wanted to see :D Overthe tops she allways was :P

I grew her a couple of times in a couple of techiques and i cant recomend Topping neither scrogging both will end uf in bananas ;)

The only way for this Plant is straight up and u should not fight her u should be thankfull for every inch :P

I wanna see mooooooooore :D

Grezz

I thought that when i started, why stress out a plant that is pretty much stressed from the start by tying and trimming her down? :) Just left her to it :) I thought i had stressed her out anyway by flowering before the pre-flowers come in but we will see :)

Hello :) The Dr is doing alright, reminds me of the sativas in the Swaziland and African expeditions :) Nice sativa structure with wispy buds :) She still has some curl but it's my first pure sativa :) She is taking 0.3Ec now because of this curling. It is week 6 :)

Sorry about the quality

tp4wPOI.jpg

BhyUYG5.jpg

Eh0LWCv.jpg

• Like 3

Ahhh ok! I'm exited to see what happens with the Grinspoon.

Its one of the strain that every growers has to grow at least once simple becuase it's such a strange, but potentially amazing heirloom strain!

• Like 1

Wow........ I am lost for words Gonzo, you were not kidding when you said she has grown tall. Would be interesting to see how a grower like that would respond to a ScROG setup. But it would be a shame to take such a beautiful strain tied over.

Start to see the structure now :D. Can´t wait to see this in full bloom. Keep up the amazing work brother.

Peace & Smoke

Brother Jimmy

Thanks dude :) The Grinspoon is the first one of this type that I have grown. I have this sativa fetish, Arjan, I understand now :) Lol

I have 4 more beans in the fridge so this thread will likely go on for a few years lol :) and hopefully it will get better and better as I pick up these tips from here :)

When I go to the Dam I will get a good taste of this strain and will hone my skills to acheive a similar result :)

• Like 1

Wow........ I am lost for words Gonzo, you were not kidding when you said she has grown tall. Would be interesting to see how a grower like that would respond to a ScROG setup. But it would be a shame to take such a beautiful strain tied over.

I hear you man :) A scrog would be nice or even just tie her over a little might result in better bud structure :) I might still do this :) Tomorrow is feeding day for the LA cheese so will have to rearrange my room to accommodate for this height. The Kali mists have been even more stretchy than this strain :) They are taller!

Thanks dude smile.png The Grinspoon is the first one of this type that I have grown. I have this sativa fetish, Arjan, I understand now smile.png Lol

I have 4 more beans in the fridge so this thread will likely go on for a few years lol smile.png and hopefully it will get better and better as I pick up these tips from here smile.png

When I go to the Dam I will get a good taste of this strain and will hone my skills to acheive a similar result smile.png

LOL Same here, later years I got more taste for Sativas and my SLH is gonna be amazing to have in stock ;). I love to grow Dr G some time in the future. But for the moment it´s nice to only follow your journey :P. Bro you gonna find so much strains that you want to try out lol. my first day there I was like a kid on x-mas was buying to much and never have the time to try everything.

Peace & Smoke

Brother Jimmy

LOL Same here, later years I got more taste for Sativas and my SLH is gonna be amazing to have in stock ;). I love to grow Dr G some time in the future. But for the moment it´s nice to only follow your journey :P. Bro you gonna find so much strains that you want to try out lol. my first day there I was like a kid on x-mas was buying to much and never have the time to try everything.

Peace & Smoke

Brother Jimmy

Yeah man, im getting more excited. I went about 11years ago and again about 6years ago :) Both for only a few days and it was hectic, I also went with people that dont smoke much so I looked like a mad man to them, lol :)

I was all about the hash back then in 2001, icolator was just on the go and only in a few shops :) If remember correctly the bushdoctor was one of a few places that sold it ;) I broke off from the group and entered this tiny place with one table, bought a gram for €26 and sat next to this lovely gentleman, then proceeded to smoke a pipe of this awesome extract :) I then wandered out absolutley "buckled" and attempted to find my buddies, lol :) Never did until evening :)

I love Amsterdam and would stay there if I have the chance :)....im rambling now haha ;) Apologies

• 2 weeks later...

Hello :) Some pics from week 7 :)....

We still have the curl on some top fan leaves but never mind :) I discovered you almost need to flush with every feeding to never have any kind of salt build up :) She hates any salt :) Also she takes drought conditions well, I let her really dry out and no sign of wilting :)

W1V0CoJ.jpg

HnPP0PM.jpg

PIle4h4.jpg

yR5cITD.jpg

Sorry about the quality :) G x

• Like 1