Dr Grinspoon by Gonzo

gonzosghost

That is superb grow man! Thanks for show up this lovely medical strain.

Fully of respect.

Keep Growing!

No problem dude :) Its been a pleasure to show you the Dr :) Im just glad she didn't die, lol ;) I have had someone thats tried Grinspoon smell it and he says it's just like the smell from Barneys :) Will get a good cure and we'll see if it smokes like Barneys ;)

Thanks for popping by and yes my friend, I will keep growing.....to the grave, lol :)

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

I dont know if I should be worried but my dr looks really different right now. Just hit the three week mark and its really short and bushy. Maybe i got tricked on the bean.  Thanks for all the info bub, and I will put it to use. I have not started any nutes yet and she is doing just fine, but I am confused and think that I do not have a dr. we will see though. this is only my third nd my first with an led. I will be back in a few weeks to see how it went. How did the other four beans work out?

I wouldn't worry about the Grinspoon you have dude, it may be the popcorn phenotype we all know :) The LEDs may be responsible for keeping those internodes short but that's not a bad thing :) Is it 3weeks flower or 3weeks veg? During flower time at 3wks my girl was getting stretchy as hell. Didn't stop stretching until week 6 maybe! I can't quite recall, Lol :)

Grinspoon is one of those strains that rewrites the rulebook on growing :) If she finishes it's an achievement in itself :) Hates any type of nutes even in small doses, lol :) I think I said at the start of the thread it's just a challenge :) Sad thing for me is the police got most of it during the bust, I shouldn't have went for that 3 month cure! Lol :)

Haha, your right, don't let the cops stop a good cure folks! I just wish I got a chance to smoke more of it, lol :) The pheno I grew had such an intense lemon smell, I hope you guys get the same lovely aroma. The pheno I smoked at Barneys in Amsterdam had a lighter smell to mine, although it did have better bag appeal. My buds looked just like the Arjans Ultra Haze #1 from GHouse....light and airy :)

• Like 1

Sweet I was a little worried, bc it is really short and bushy REALLY!!  I will throw some pics on after i get out of school today! Oh and it wil be at 4 weeks veg tomorrow. and the others in the tent are just starting I wish I had did it all at the same time...how do I keep them all in the respective photo in the one tent or is that asking too much, and sorry hear about those busters!!!

If I were you id switch them to 12/12 soon, as they can get 5x bigger during flower. The average strain stops stretching at 3 weeks of flower but the grinspoon flowers for twice as long so it actually stretches for more like 6 weeks! Hence why it can get so big. I flowered mine at 15cm if I remember correctly and she got big, lol :) I know what it's like having different strains on the go at the same time, height differences can be hard to juggle :) Good luck with her, she just does what she wants, lol :) Like I said, if your not a seasoned pro just finishing her is a high five from me :)

I'm not entirely sure, I thought I had a bad bean from Barneys a year back. It was meant to be violator kush and smelt more like G13 Haze. It actually WAS Violator Kush in the end after reading into the genetics. It has Malana in it which is a fruity sativa so I put it down to parentage. The others had more Hindu Kush in them.

The thing is Dr Grinspoon is supposed to be a pure sativa so the parentage shouldn't have wide leaflet genes in it. They call it an heirloom sativa but you just don't know what they've done to create the weird pheno we know, a very tiny part indica added in somewhere down the family tree to boost yields? You may have a different bean or just a rare phenotype :) Either way as I said, she looks good dude :)

You didn't just say that, lol :) Have you ever grown sativa? I'm gonna shrug this off to sheer ignorance lololol :)

No I do not have the ability to grow such plants as a pure sativa... and the way my local laws are changing by the day I dont think anytime soon I will be able to grow a monster plant like a sativa outdoors anytime in the future.... I like the look, its just really really different than what I am used to seeing around here.

• Like 1

I understand dude, I get rock hard nugs here too, lol :) It does look different to the usual but if you go into the GHouse coffeeshop you will find Arjans Ultra Haze #1 which looks remarkably like this phenotype of Grinspoon I got. There's ladies all shapes and sizes :) I'll admit she wasn't a looker but she certainly smelt amazing and got you high as a motherf*%ker :)