Dr Grinspoon by Gonzo

gonzosghost

Hi guys, this is an attempt at Dr Grinspoon ;)

My friend came back from the shop with AK-47 and Grinspoon so we will pop one and see what happens :) I've also just started my Sweet Mangos, the journal will be a week behind the grow as I still have one more Money Maker update to finish :)

Anyway, back to the Doctor :) This pure sativa has tendency to hermie towards the end and has a very low tolerance to stress so we will see :/ Here's some pics of the possible outcomes even in a stable environment....

HK1B9e0l.jpg

pMaMEa3l.jpg

So, we'll se how we get on :)

Enough negativity, no more of that ;)

XpRc2yql.jpg

yrWm7OAl.jpg

RchBoqVl.jpg

I will report whatever happens to her, she is going in coco/perlite in an 18ltr pot, I may just use AN nutes but sativa powder feed is on my shopping list :)

Sativa rooms are suggested but she is getting 18/6 and then 12/12 like the rest :)

Fingers crossed ;)

• Like 1

Thanks man :) Will try and keep her happy :) I know! there's not much journals on it are there, the ones I've seen rarely make it past day 28. I read somewhere that the only good version of this strain are cuttings from barneys backroom, lol ;) I'll try and prove them wrong ;)

I have 5 attempts and the first attempt germinated, which is good enough foe me :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking for a long time a good review of this strain.

I heard is one of the best, low production but amazing effect

good luck. waiting for news

I have also been looking for a good journal on this strain, with no luck. Seems to be that it has this very fine balance to it, stray from this balance at all and it will make you pay for it dearly :( I have just upgraded the flowering room so we will see if she can play nice ;) She already hasn't dealt with the 0.2Ec I gave her the other day. She will be a handful ;) Anyway, this is the only pic I have right now. Im so busy with the room getting done etc I've yet to update my Sweet mango journal due to this rushing around all day...

0Jz3t5jl.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello :)

The doctor is still in the house :lol: I have started flowering at 8in just because I have this feeling (and it's just a feeling) that the '3 week stretch' might be more like a 5 or 6 week stretch. The 100 day flower is twice as long as say....cheese so I imagine the stretch time will be longer ;) I may be wrong though, lol :lol:

prQLwF1.jpg

TwrXcck.jpg

llHOVok.jpg

Yeaa some cool Strain goin on here :)

Yes indeed its not a easygoing Strain but its def. manageable :) Just be really cautious with the Nutes she doesnt like it to get to much if she gets to much she want make u happy in the End :P

Im def. taking a seat here and watch it :)

Good luck

so enigmatic strain, thank for the pics

No probs dude :) we are all wondering about this thing :) Thanks for poppin in to see her ;)

Still want to try this strain , will be pulling up a chair ;)

Thanks man :) Nice to have you back to see another grow :)

Yeaa some cool Strain goin on here :)

Yes indeed its not a easygoing Strain but its def. manageable :) Just be really cautious with the Nutes she doesnt like it to get to much if she gets to much she want make u happy in the End :P

Im def. taking a seat here and watch it :)

Good luck

I hear what your sayin there man, I've already fed her too much, lol :) I've backed of the nutes for now to see how she goes :)

Thanks for the good wishes ;)

thanks for the news man!! seems like she will be a stretchy lady you probably did good by flowering early ^^

Have a good grow man keep us updated ;)

Yeah, I wrestled with the idea of letting some pre-flowers grow before I flip but she is unpredictable when it comes to stretching. I just don't know if she'll go crazy or not. I may have stressed her out already by flipping before the first flowers but we will see. The idea that all my clones, Ak's, Kali Mists etc will be chopped, dried and cured before this girl is finished is daunting :) I had to flip early, lol :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello brothers and sisters ;) Its been some time since you last saw the doctor :) For the plain fact that it will take 'some time' to flower this girl :)

I understand what you mean about her dislike to nutes, I fed her with 0.8Ec and she kind of curled up on me a little. After flushing her with 0.4Ec she started to chill out a bit and is recovering well :) She has been flowering now for two weeks and is slowly stretching :)

hwbZZs0l.jpg

R9pKGPtl.jpg

LsZru3Nl.jpg

TYT41fFl.jpg

hEIRQ52l.jpg

• Like 1

^^ yeaa its really hard to not overnute them :P you allways thonk wtf how can they like so small ammount of nutes ^^

But what she really likes is when u start in 6 week of flowering to raise th ph every week 0.1 more and you can go the same way with ur nutes ;)

good luck :)

• Like 1

^^ yeaa its really hard to not overnute them :P you allways thonk wtf how can they like so small ammount of nutes ^^

But what she really likes is when u start in 6 week of flowering to raise th ph every week 0.1 more and you can go the same way with ur nutes ;)

good luck :)

Thanks dude appreciate the advice :) Will keep that in mind :)

Wow! Seems like a very difficult strain to grow. I didn't know that a strain could be so difficult. I must be lucky because I haven't found a hard to grow strain yet. Hope yours turns out good. It seems that you have lots of folks wanting to see this grow. I will watch it for sure!

Wow! Seems like a very difficult strain to grow. I didn't know that a strain could be so difficult. I must be lucky because I haven't found a hard to grow strain yet. Hope yours turns out good. It seems that you have lots of folks wanting to see this grow. I will watch it for sure!

Pressures on eh? Lol :) I've got 4 more beans in the fridge and will keep growing out single plants until I get this strain down :) Its a test of my rooms stresses, the other day it got a bit warm (30*C) and all other plants dealt with it - except the Grinspoon. The leaves were raised between the veins after the heat. So its almost like a room stress indicator :)

hello my friend,

Your plant is looking great.

It does look like you are over watering it.

The roots need air to breath.

Feel the weight of the pot when you water, and then do not water again until it feels very light.

She will perk up and get greener as well.

it could be the pictures or the over watering but she looks like she needs magnesium.

If the roots are too wet, they can not breathe and this prevents them taking up nutrients.

take care,

john

hello my friend,

Your plant is looking great.

It does look like you are over watering it.

The roots need air to breath.

Feel the weight of the pot when you water, and then do not water again until it feels very light.

She will perk up and get greener as well.

it could be the pictures or the over watering but she looks like she needs magnesium.

If the roots are too wet, they can not breathe and this prevents them taking up nutrients.

take care,

john

I hear what your saying dude thanks :) I never overwater my girls as I have a very airy coco/perlite mix. Although it really doesn't like being dried out, I still let them get really light before feeding again. The reason for her overwatered look is that when I fed her 0.9Ec I had to flush the day after without letting her dry out. Any other plant would have taken it in their stride but Grinspoon isn't any other plant :)

Thanks for the advice though man ;)

Here's a few pics of her at day 27 :) She is being fed 0.4Ec and is seemingly cheering up a bit :) She is continuing to stretch, we will see how big she will get. Currently at 45cm...

vjYVfVI.jpg

NDijz1J.jpg

98oHGG1.jpg

You can see the raising between the veins due to heat stress, it got quite hot in the room a few days ago

• Like 2

It could be the pictures or the over watering but she looks like she needs magnesium.

take care,

john

Sorry John I forgot to ask about the magnesium. How do you think I should proceed? I have some House and Garden Mg 0.8 I've had for a while and the last time I diagnosed a mag problem I fed them too much of it and some fan leaves went spotty. How much do you think I should use and how often? Thanks man :)

hi mate,

I do not know this strain, but it looks like a pure sativa. What appears to me a mag defi. could be micro elements in general.

I still think if you hold back just a little on the watering you will see na improvement. The downwards pointing tips would then straighten out.

Try it, hold back just a little and see.

take care,

john

• Like 1

yeahhh!

seems to have grown considerably since the latest photos

the color of the leaves is as green lime as it looks in pictures?

Gracias por compartir esa belleza man!

Yeah, it has this light lime colour :) I thought it was a lack of N maybe through not feeding much nutes but it seems to be keeping this lovely green throughout :)

hi mate,

I do not know this strain, but it looks like a pure sativa. What appears to me a mag defi. could be micro elements in general.

I still think if you hold back just a little on the watering you will see na improvement. The downwards pointing tips would then straighten out.

Try it, hold back just a little and see.

take care,

john

Will do man :) I assumed there was plenty of air getting around the roots due to a very airy mix but like you said she does look overdone. I just don't want you thinking that I overfeed my ladies in general, I always wait until it's pretty dry. This Grinspoon seems to not like being fed at all! Lol :) Can't imagine having her in a soil mix where there is less air in the rootzone, she'd never perk up! :)

All I've done so far is....transplant and feed with 0.4EC.....wait until dry.....then fed 0.6EC.....wait again until dry......then fed 0.9EC.....flushed the next day with 0.4Ec. That's all :) and here we are, so I really can't imagine that I have over-fed but again your probably are right because she just aint the same as everyone else and just hasn't reacted like usual plants do :) She has also had some heat stress like I said, this doesn't help her appearance of course

Hey Gonzo :)

Dont worry she is absoluty fine ;) She will never get darker and if u push her darker u will ruin ur harvest ^^

You shouldnt feed her rally till the 4 underest leafs get Yellow and fall appart if u start then with half dosage of uf nutes she will be happy :)

Mg is no Problem here what we see is ur NDL Lamp she makes the Plant look more yelloish :)

She really is making great process keep it up :)