Wtf... nah Gonzo so sad to hear.... Hope u get ur passport back before ur trip to dam....btw when u are over if u want we can link up for a few shop visits n smokes ..... hope this all ends up not too bad for you .....damn cops

• Like 1

Another damn awesome grow my friend, really nice descriptive final write up, and some words that were very well said concerning GH and the strains :biggrin: . I don't know how to say how bad I feel that you got raped by the cops tho man :( :(

I really hope you get to the Dam this week, much respect for the grow and even more for continuing on so positively brother!! I hope things work out and good luck with the contest Scott/Gonzo lol

Peace

Thanks Smokey :) I have to go and see this guy that's in charge of my case tomorrow about my passport, I'm supposed to be leaving on Thursday morning, so nervous but will have to wait and see what happens. I walked out the police station yesterday and a guy with a carry on suitcase stopped and asked me if I had £1 that I could give him, I gave him a big smile put a quid in his hand and said "of course I can my friend" he smiled back and I wished him a good day then carried on strolling down the road....karma if your out there, I'm working my butt off here! lol :) Help! Lol :)

• Like 1

Hope you get your passport back in time so you get a week off from looking at the empty rooms. That must really hurt .. We all can relate to that. All the best my friend.

Thanks for the words of consolation man ;) Its a horrible thought that you other guys have had similar experiences with these nanny-state laws we have to endure :( I honestly thought about running for prime minister, lol, really, if they won't change the laws in parliament then we should try and get into the damn place ourselves :) Run for local councillor and go from there....

Wtf... nah Gonzo so sad to hear.... Hope u get ur passport back before ur trip to dam....btw when u are over if u want we can link up for a few shop visits n smokes ..... hope this all ends up not too bad for you .....damn cops

Thanks dude :) if I can get there we can easily meet up for a few joints and some cannabis talk :) I will PM you if I get there :) I'm staying above the central coffeeshop :) If I don't make it my friend will be staying there with his girlfriend, I like my friend and not to sound like a baby but I wanna stay there! Lol :) What will be will be :) I will come out at Cup time if all else fails :)

Well - we hope you get the passport back - a darn pity if you lose the benefits of winning the very first contest by a mile ! What exactly did the cops say why they took it away ? Risk of fleeing the country I guess - well that sounds a bit weak. If you had no job and relations and they want to frame ya they could have taken you in custody. So I guess they just have to give it back esp. if you got a flight TWO WAYS bppked already ahead. But hey i don't know, maybe because you have family in spain or whatever the scottish laws say I have no clue. All I am suggesting is : have a plan b - phone the airline about post poning or returning parts of the money in case. If you do that on the day of the flight you won't get back NADA. Dont be foolish

Well - we hope you get the passport back - a darn pity if you lose the benefits of winning the very first contest by a mile ! What exactly did the cops say why they took it away ? Risk of fleeing the country I guess - well that sounds a bit weak. If you had no job and relations and they want to frame ya they could have taken you in custody. So I guess they just have to give it back esp. if you got a flight TWO WAYS bppked already ahead. But hey i don't know, maybe because you have family in spain or whatever the scottish laws say I have no clue. All I am suggesting is : have a plan b - phone the airline about post poning or returning parts of the money in case. If you do that on the day of the flight you won't get back NADA. Dont be foolish

Thanks for the advice dude :) I'm still holding on to this glimmer of hope :)

The police must have taken it as standard protocol in these cases. At that point they didn't know who I was or what I was doing at the moment of the search but now that they have questioned me and have formally charged me, also saying that I have been fully cooperative. It's my first offence which counts for a lot over here so I have that at least. It states nothing about leaving the country in the terms of my bail, the papers are clear and concise and say only that I have to be at court any time I get summoned, it will be months my solicitor/lawyer said so if I go in and speak to the guy tomorrow I will be as nice as possible, well mannered and see where it gets me, fingers crossed. The airline will get called today to see what my options are, been stunned the last few days about it all as you can imagine, I have to assume I'm not going just incase I get bad news tomorrow :(

again thanks dude :)

Thanks Smokey :)

I got off to a terrible start today by missing the phone call from the Case officer, gutted, now I've been put on the back burner for the duration of the day, AHHHHHHHHH.....

.....as I was writing this the guy has called back and he was really nice, asked me when my flight was etc said there was no reason why I can't go and he is waiting for a call to say it's all good :) :) :) So close......awaiting conformation from Fiscal officers and I should be good to go :) Please please please! :) :) :)

wow, great job gonzo.

I never grew up automatic plants, but sweet mango seems to produce a good ganja.

Have a good smoke! ;)

Dude, if there's any Auto you should try it's the Sweet Mango my friend :) it makes you look good (at growing, lol) So simple and with the Powder feeding it is just effortless :)

Thanks for reading man :)

• Like 2

Dude, if there's any Auto you should try it's the Sweet Mango my friend smile.png it makes you look good (at growing, lol) So simple and with the Powder feeding it is just effortless smile.png

Thanks for reading man smile.png

thanks for the advice mate, :)

My only problem is that I need a rather powerful grass,

Otherwise, stay all day to roll, I think you understand what I mean. :D

should send me 1/2 gram, so I try. :P

Joking brother! ;)

again congratulations for your excellent grow,

and good luck for his cup autoflow! ;)

Lol :) I would if I could, sorry :)

Well guys, I have my passport! :) I will be jetting off to Amsterdam in the morning, wow that was cutting it close :)

Thanks for everyones prayers and well wishes, it worked! Lol, you guys are the best :)

• Like 2

Lol smile.png I would if I could, sorry smile.png

Well guys, I have my passport! smile.png I will be jetting off to Amsterdam in the morning, wow that was cutting it close smile.png

Thanks for everyones prayers and well wishes, it worked! Lol, you guys are the best smile.png

Hell yeah

I'm glad to read it !!

Enjoy your travel and takes some pictures for us :P

• Like 1

Really nice smoke report gonzo.

Thank´s for the info, is really helpful.

Take care.

Thank you Fran :) Sorry I haven't replied for ages, I was in Amsterdam! It was amazing ;) Thanks again for all the support throughout the grow :) Sweet Mango is one of the best :)

• Like 1

YA MAN!! Go and have the time of your life my friend...you deserve it!! :yahoo::biggrin: Especially with what you've went through recently as well ;) Can't wait for the pictures!! Make us a list of all the different strains you smoke if ya can manage lol

Peace

Thanks bro :) I came, I smoked, I bought the t-shirt :) Now im back :) Thanks for the well wishes and thanks again for reading the journal man :) Its been a pleasure reading yours :)

Speak soon man ;) and yes I have a strain list that's ridiculous, lol :)

nice one mr gonzo im so happy for you bro you can relax why your there let your mind forget and you deserve it for your grow it was first grow report I read peace to you have a smoking time haha

Thank you man :) The trip has really opened my eyes :) I feel ok about my life again :) Things will workout im sure :)

Take care :)

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello my friends smile.png It is the last day of the Auto cup and I'd like to start by thanking everyone involved from Arjan, Franco, Mr X, Dust, Jose, Jan, Tokeage and Marcel (my trip organiser)......to everyone in the GHSC team that cannot be named, the logistics must have been immense smile.png Thank you smile.png

Well i was supposed to have had prepared a huge end of journal smoke report with fancy sh*t and all the trimmings but everything was seized by the police in last weeks raid. They took everything, my plants, setup, 12 powder feeding kits and all my stashes of strains, they even have my passport and I may get it back but I can only find out if i can ONE DAY before im supposed to be in Amsterdam, god im nervous, might not get my trip after all, so stressful, i feel like my children have been taken away, i mean if you have been living a grower life for almost a year and then it gets ripped from you it leaves a hole in your life, I can't describe it any better than that sad.png........

Aaaaaanyway......enough of my moaning and groaning and onward......

Sweet Mango Auto

Smell/taste

The Sweet Mango (in my experiences) has 3 phenos in this category....

1) The first I will write of is my personal favourite, this one has a deep intense sourness to it, with an enticing aroma, like Sour Kush but more inviting smile.png I felt at home smelling this one smile.png Only way I can describe it smile.png Tastes as strong as it smells, an instant winner in my personal opinion. The stench from this pheno is hard to destroy making it an easy cure, no need to draw out that delicate smell over time as it's RIGHT THERE, lol victory.gif

2) The second has this intense mango smell to it but only once cured for a few weeks. On the live plant itself it had this smell of sun ripened tropical fruit, like that mango i spoke of but a bit 'off' (in a nice way, lol) When cured as i say, it has this lovely freshly cut mango aroma smile.png Very high in the terpin - MYRCENE spiteful.gifThis proved a favourite amongst my close friends smile.png

3) The last one is just as the second but with this grape flavour when cured, like when you bite into a green grape, that first initial contact with the tongue...lovely smile.png

Potency/effect

The Sweet Mango is shocking when it comes to potency, shocking in the way that it eclipsed some of the best strains I had in terms of strength and medicinal effects smile.png All the poor individuals that I donate to have reported that this strain has the best effects for insomnia and pain relief smile.png It has a creeping nature with red-eye slowly occurring over a space of 10mins, till an eventual stop on the couch is advised after an hour or so of this intense red-eye smile.png All phenos experienced performed similarly to these reports smile.png My patients were asking specifically for this strain to help with their ailments smile.png They had no knowledge of Autoflowering strengths and weaknesses, just the idea that Sweet Mango was the one they wanted smile.png Well done guys another win smile.png

Phenotypes experienced (growth related)

There were two phenos discovered in my quest....

1) This first one had very sativa-like growth but with a deep intense indica smell, quite short. It had a high calyx to leaf ratio making light work of trimming smile.png Light able to penetrate through the canopy with this high ratio giving great secondary branching smile.png

2) The second was a shorter, fatter girl smile.png It had a slightly lower calyx to leaf ratio with a big top cola that i can only compare to an Afghan No1 that I ran in my first grow smile.png Very chunky smile.png

Stress resistance/Ease of Growth

The Sweet Mango turned out amazing for plants that i thought had been stunted by a delayed transplant but they really pulled through only taking a few weeks more due to my error smile.png Give them the root space and they will reward you handsomely smile.png They are again one of the most resilient strains i've ran smile.png No signs of hermie problems or any of that nonsense, well done guys, very stable seeds smile.png They grew with pretty much no effort at all! I changed to 12/12 halfway through flowering and they took it as well as i wanted smile.png

Yield/Bud Density

Yield - 7oz from 4 plants

That really surprised me, as i said these girls were stunted by a few weeks by transplant neglect, apologies but it seem to have turned out alright smile.png I know the density has a lot to do with lights and environment but what I can say is that the POWDER FEEDING has played a huge roll in how solid these buds were, S-O-L-I-D, lol wink.png

Conclusion...

Where do I start, this strain made me look like a better grower than I am.....I can't say it any plainer than that smile.png I read Jimmys test journal and he said it was in his top 5 for MUST GROWS and I was like...."An Auto? Really?...yeah, we'll see about that" lol, sorry guys but thats the truth... Jimmy - respect dude, its now on MY list, haha smile.png I now understand my friend smile.png

If you like simple growing and want something that can compete with the best in the world....this strain and POWDER FEEDING go hand in hand, marry them together and you'll be pleasantly surprised, experience it and it will take place in YOUR top 5 one day.....

Thank you to everyone who took part, We are all part of history now, do you think that loads of people turned up for the first Cannabis Cup? Exactly. One day this may be a regular thing with worldwide recognition smile.png Keep the flame burning my friends. I apologise for the less than spectacular finish to the journal and also no final pictures but the bust really messed up everything, sorry. If you refer to my last update it will give you an idea, thanks again for reading and good luck my friends x

Much love, Scott (Gonzo) x

Thanks for such a good report mate, it is a luxury to have people so involved in the cultivation and advice smoke !! 

Greetings!  ;)