leave tips yelow, now dots developing

firefighter

Hi,

an AK 47 motherplant is showing bad signs: it began with yeloww tips at the leaves, but only small yellow tips, the petiols purple and now she is showing these brown little dots on a yellowing ground.

No, no over - under watering, no nutes issue, no ph issue. Coco and soil mix. I believe it is a rust fungus,. What do you think?

post-21693-0-32865100-1366289167.jpg

first thing i thought was ph like dust said. normaly with coco alone you would stay in the hydro ph range because it is inert and doesnt hold the nutes by itself, but if you amended your soil with the coco you should stay in the soil ph range 6.4-6.9

there is also slight possibility of N getting locked out by other salts usual suspect is mg if you added alot recently but thats rare

good luck, i hope you get it fixed

Before making any decisions, I would recommend you test the pH and EC of your soil.

Possibly taking soil samples during the night, when all the nuts in the soil.

Because these stems are purple symptom of PH off. no fungus problem in my opinion.

what makes you think it is a fungus? by looking at the leaves i would have said more PH problem ^^ but you said no i guess you are sure :P

It is difficult to see on those pics but there are brown dots at the tip area of the leaf that look like rust fungi. Bloody digital imaging takes out small ugly spots, falsifying reality....;-))

Also the leaf finger is not growing straight

BTW: cannabis is used to grow in a broad variety of soils and pHs all around the world as I remember what I ve seen and what I ve read in books like McPartland: "hemp diseases and Pests" in a range from 5.5 to 7.5 and more. In Poland i.e. hemp farmers added lime to make the soil at least neutral. So I am as an oldtimer very sceptical about that pH fixation. "my plants are dieing bcause PH is 6.12 insted of 5.98" I ve grown absolutely healthy plants in a pH 7.0 too without any brown spots and I do not believe that a slight PH "abnormality" causes that. But that is just an old mans idea...

http://books.google.nl/books?id=cDCMiaORLYsC&printsec=frontcover&hl=nl&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

McPartland et.al came to the conclusion that fungi attacks are by far the most common and most vicious danger to cannabis. But seldom realized. I agree totally and not only because the Bush adminstration spread a very vicious Fusarium species to destroy cannabis in 1991 that later killed basil and tomatoe plantations.

Before making any decisions, I would recommend you test the pH and EC of your soil.

Possibly taking soil samples during the night, when all the nuts in the soil.

Because these stems are purple symptom of PH off. no fungus problem in my opinion.

I will watch it if it spreads, only three or so leaves are affected. But I am abit overcautious because of recent fungus events that were realy nasty. Thats why we are about to develop fungus resistant plants, as the hemp fibre industry did about 30 years ago. A big part of the european fibre hemp plantations and fields were destroyed by Fusarium and other, so they deveoped Fusarium resistant strains. A reality that marijuana growers ignore absolutely.

To give you an idea how this look like, here are two pics from the US with a Fusarium Solani infested mariuana plantation- scientifically tested positive for Fusarium. The poor man was playing around with PH an nutes for a year...now he had to evacuate the whole building and started somewhere else again. That fungus really squeezed his balls.... :fuck:

post-21693-0-20067300-1366365058.jpg

post-21693-0-05506200-1366365098.jpg

''I ve grown absolutely healthy plants in a pH 7.0 too without any brown spots and I do not believe that a slight PH "abnormality" causes that''

sure, soil buffers very easy to downwards from 7 or 7.5 or 8 and its easy to lower but its not good at buffering up, if you put 5,8ph in soil mix the soil is not good at buffering the ph up to desired range like it is buffering down thats why the recommended range is 6.3-6.8 for soil and why i asked it.

the rust fungi looks a bit more orange than the regular brown spots and it is actual fysical material on the leaves that you can spread like powder if its not powdery material its not rust fungi, im sure you are safe on that

hi man damn that's a sad looking room! but i see it's all in rockwool also, in those conditions you have to have very clean systems and everything must be perfect, i love how rockwool grows once it's handled but it seems it is very easy to fuck a grow with that medium too. and to get this for a year i guess in the end it was the place that was contamined with the fungus? and infected the medium or something like this.

So i'm not saying it could not be this for you, but those kind of fungus are not so common you would be unlucky to have one!

For the PH i agree with your point of view on growing without PH modification, i know it is done by a lot of people and in soil it works great, but you have a coco mix, coco reacts a little more like hydro than soil, and even with a little soil in your mix i'm not sure there is enough soil to make the buffer role it is suppose to play for your ladies. So even without modifying your PH if for any reasons you have big PH fluctuations for a reason or another, i still think your plant will react like your leaves do. And to be honnest on coco we often see cal/mag problems on plants, that will start often by little brown dots on the leaves. Just my opinion but i could be totally wrong ^^

So i'm not saying it could not be this for you, but those kind of fungus are not so common you would be unlucky to have one!

I am sorry to tell you that Fusarium is in Europe and we got it here last summer in central/northern Europe from commercial basil plants! It choked the weed plants to death. If it is the same kind that devastated the european fibre hemp cultivars decades ago I do not know.

Exactly the same happened in the US in the 90s but there is strong connection to immoral actions of the Bush administration by spreading it to kill cannabis.

That guy in california believes it is in his house, in the walls, so he moved. I am not so sure, because I know that basil and tomatoes are the main targets of Fusarium and they spread it.

So that is why we are currently developing resisitant strains as the fibre hemp people did in the 70s. I believe we made a Chronic strain quite resistant. I am not so sure with AK47.

I don't want to spread paranoia but we should keep it in mind.

That book by McPartland is a must read for us all!

And about hydro: you are right: when you get it in hydro you have no chance, in soil some plants may survive

• Like 1

the rust fungi looks a bit more orange than the regular brown spots and it is actual fysical material on the leaves that you can spread like powder if its not powdery material its not rust fungi, im sure you are safe on that

420 fungi attack cannabis. And dozens of rust fungi and I do not even know the names..... Fungal diseases cause more crop losses than the rest of all organisms combined says mcPartland. So we never can be sure unless labs and microscopes are involved.

That is to say that even if the cannabis plant suffers from certain diseases, but most of them are due to unfavorable conditions is hygienic, weather etc..

I would like to quote this article on the site (growweedeasy):

Most pests can be erradicated with SM-90.

Mist your plants in a solution made ​​of 1 part SM-90, 5 parts water.

When you spray the plants, make sure you get the undersides of the leaves.

You'll want to do this When the lights are about to go off (or else the leaves will get burned). You can get a sprayer like this one on amazon.com, or at Home Depot for about $ 12.

Diseases of Cannabis are caused by organisms or abiotic sources.

Organisms include fungi (first and foremost), nematodes, parasitic plants, bacteria, and viruses.

Abiotic (non-living) causes include nutrient deficiencies, pollutants and genetic diseases. Different diseases prevail in different crops (eg, drug cultivars versus fiber cultivars). Also Disease prevalence is modulated by geography and climate.

The claim That Cannabis has no diseases is not correct, Cannabis suffers over 100 diseases, but less than a dozen are serious.

Serious diseases include gray mold, hemp canker, damping off, assorted leaf spots, blights, stem cankers, root rots, nematode diseases, broomrape, macro-and micronutrient deficiencies, and genetic diseases.

• Like 1

Most pests can be erradicated with SM-90.

Abiotic (non-living) causes include nutrient deficiencies, pollutants and genetic diseases. Different diseases prevail in different crops (eg, drug cultivars versus fiber cultivars). Also Disease prevalence is modulated by geography and climate.

I doubt that SM 90 or any preventive agents as Trichoderma, bacteria etc. can cure a serious cannabis disease. Many people have tried this out and failed. Read McPartland.

It is correct that different diseaes prevail in different crops, and differ due to strain and climate. but there are general patterns. We MUST learn from the fibre hemp cultivars if we want to continue raising healthy crops.

The conclusion is easy: develop resistant strains! Otherwise it is only a matter of time until a devastating disease, most prob. a virus or Fusarium will wipe out the myjority of the marijuana plants in Europe.

BTW: the Fusarium oxysporum attack on cannabis by the US government in the 90s was only stopped because of scientific outcry and devasteted tomatoe farmers......

I am sorry to tell you that Fusarium is in Europe and we got it here last summer in central/northern Europe from commercial basil plants! It choked the weed plants to death. If it is the same kind that devastated the european fibre hemp cultivars decades ago I do not know.

Exactly the same happened in the US in the 90s but there is strong connection to immoral actions of the Bush administration by spreading it to kill cannabis.

That guy in california believes it is in his house, in the walls, so he moved. I am not so sure, because I know that basil and tomatoes are the main targets of Fusarium and they spread it.

So that is why we are currently developing resisitant strains as the fibre hemp people did in the 70s. I believe we made a Chronic strain quite resistant. I am not so sure with AK47.

I don't want to spread paranoia but we should keep it in mind.

That book by McPartland is a must read for us all!

And about hydro: you are right: when you get it in hydro you have no chance, in soil some plants may survive

I'm sorry but I've never run into a fasarium, and consequently are not informed about it.

But I totally understand what you mean .., what you're talking about is called globalization, or at least part of this plan.

Which the sign. Bush you've listed and only a puppet executor of orders.

I'd like to start a blog to hear things people think, and how to be informed about it.

I doubt that SM 90 or any preventive agents as Trichoderma, bacteria etc. can cure a serious cannabis disease. Many people have tried this out and failed. Read McPartland.

It is correct that different diseaes prevail in different crops, and differ due to strain and climate. but there are general patterns. We MUST learn from the fibre hemp cultivars if we want to continue raising healthy crops.

The conclusion is easy: develop resistant strains! Otherwise it is only a matter of time until a devastating disease, most prob. a virus or Fusarium will wipe out the myjority of the marijuana plants in Europe.

BTW: the Fusarium oxysporum attack on cannabis by the US government in the 90s was only stopped because of scientific outcry and devasteted tomatoe farmers......

as you said the products and bennies wont cure the plant/damage all ready done but inhibits the attackers and sometimes puts them in dormancy. these products are best to use from the start, to avoid the problems before they even come

tho i wouldnt blow this in to world wide epidemic yet and fear mongering wont cure the plant in the end, these problems are a lot rarer than you make it sound like, if you really think you have fusarium the plant should show pretty obivous signs one of the first and most obvious would be sudden irregular wilting in some parts of the plant when other parts look ok, brown spots in the stem, the wilted leaves die rapidly also when you brake the stem it should show clear marks in the tissue and phosphorus deficiency is not one of them

anyway i hope your plant doesnt have any diseace but if you suspect you might have it you might want to consider the recommendations as preventative measure before next grow. good luck

• 2 weeks later...

but to be honest.

I think your plants simply block nutrient absorption, cause PH off.

Try to check the proper functioning of your pH meter.

well new developments with clones from exactly that plant where I have shown the leaves here are shown in a diferent thread. I am pretty sure now it is verticillium wilt, not Fusarium.

http://www.ilovegrow...ticillium-wilt/

post-21693-0-47382000-1367867714.jpg

I post photos of some clones just rooted, and perfectly healthy.

Those you see is a normal sign of nutritional deficiency, nothing more.

yours I agree.

Mine: upward curling of leaves, no growth at all and that with perfect conditions and nutes, that is not nute deficiency.

nearby we have new plants from seeds with exactly the same conditions and nutes. They are absolutely healthy and vigorous. So, it is most probably verticilium. It fits perectly. Look at the pics in the link. But sometimes the plants can adopt.

post-21693-0-49572100-1367912761.jpg

Good luck with the new seedlings. :)

Thanks man!

That healthy plants are our standard - all the rest is just degeneration.....ususually when we have clones we plant them and booom they are growing green and fresh. Why should they have any deformation in optimal climate and with canna Coco AB? Nono, there is some fungal inside and most people simply deny it because it is frightening.

Most probably those diseases are sometimes like childrens diseases, most get over it, but they are there, because real health looks different.

From my limited experience I can say that typically the only obstacle to having a healthy plant from start to finish is the farmer.

the plants do not get sick by accident but there is always an underlying reason, which may depend on many factors.

From my limited experience I can say that typically the only obstacle to having a healthy plant from start to finish is the farmer.

the plants do not get sick by accident but there is always an underlying reason, which may depend on many factors.

You are simply forgetting nature my friend. The underlying reason is an infection transmitted from basil plants nearby. Basil and tomatoes are main transmitters of fungal diseases that spred to cannabis. And we has sick basil 10 m away before all that trouble started. It is earthbound.

http://growingsmallf...-fusariumbasil/