Or sign in with one of these services

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
budman1988

trichomes and how they develop ?

hi everyone

sorry if this should have been posted somewhere else but i really could not find another area for this.

i just want to understand how trichomes work and develop.

i am currently on week 7 day 4 of flowering and have some clear trichs, some cloudy and very few amber.

from what i have read is that amber trichs should not appear until all the cloudy ones have?

this is not a problem or issue i would just like to know if im checking them wrong or if my eye sight may not be what i thought it was lol.

not usually amber trichomes will start to appear even with a few trichomes clear left. it means that the plant is starting to mature, so if you want a u^plifting high you want to start thinking about cutting soon, if you want a little more couchlock you can wait until more amber appear, also don't check the old trichomes ons fan leaves that have been here for a long tim, check in the middle of the buds and at many places to have a general idea, we have a thread about trihomes on the forum somewhere on't remember where exactly ^^

Good luck man

• Like 1

thank you for the helpful info dust, i will take a look at the thread later tonight.

just one more thing..... i have knoticed that some of the trichomes have no heads and look like hairs? is this normal trich behavious or could it have came off when handling the plants?

thank you for the helpful info dust, i will take a look at the thread later tonight.

just one more thing..... i have knoticed that some of the trichomes have no heads and look like hairs? is this normal trich behavious or could it have came off when handling the plants?

the hair like thrichomes are called cystolith thrichomes there job is to protect the plant from insects and animals making it less desirable to eat, wide range of plants have adapted them as defence hops, tomatos, chilis, figs the list is endless the nettle sting is also caused by the cystolith hairs

there are 3 types of glandular thrichomes on cannabis that has all the cannabinoids and terpenes we all like, many plants also have these types, like the hairs

http://www.unodc.org..._4_page005.html

• Like 1

the hair like thrichomes are called cystolith thrichomes there job is to protect the plant from insects and animals making it less desirable to eat, wide range of plants have adapted them as defence hops, tomatos, chilis, figs the list is endless the nettle sting is also caused by the cystolith hairs

there are 3 types of glandular thrichomes on cannabis that has all the cannabinoids and terpenes we all like, many plants also have these types, like the hairs

http://www.unodc.org..._4_page005.html

thanks jankahar great bit of info in the link :)

i have just looked at one of my plants and it has seemed to have sped up with the maturing realy quickly.

when i started this topic i had only few cloudy, now they are nearly all cloudy with very few clear and quite a few light ambers. will shock ripen this girl at the end of the week

• Like 1