feminised breeding

vinny weedman

Ive recently began breeding with out males, thats right no males only hermi females. And ive discoverd im produceing f1 feminized crosses every time. Ive not had a male seed in years. Figures id pass this trick on. Its simple u got a couple mothers u wana cross right but no male, just take a cut and root it then yurn it hemi via environmental stress or chemical mutation but use said hermi to polinate a cut from ur other plant with it the beniffit is u get ur hybrid plant as esult of the cross butt all ur seeds will b female allowing u the privalige of not haveing to fuck with males EVER!! Also out door growers no longer have to worry about pulling males or buying fem seeds produce ur own fem f1 crosses and f2 anything u can do with a male can b done with a hermi

any seed makers ever tried useing Tiresias Mist insted of stressing or colloidal silver??

but your still going to end up with hermis arnt you ?? i think theres more to it then just making a plant hermi to get male pollen evern if that male pollen has xx chromosomes only, the female which you want to pollinate may pass on the hermi gene right??

to get 100% female seeds is it possible really ? as we have seen some of these new strains grown in the world cup are herming so more work needs to be done, what is the prosess to get 100% or nearly 100% or is there a big sercret that seed banks are holding back ?? :)

or is it a matter of stressing a bunch of females to see which are less prone to hemi or dont hermi at all and use that female to use your xx chromosome only pollen on ??

if it is a matter of this prosses then it might explain you cant make female seeds from some clone only strain because the female is prone to hermi when stressed, was this not a problem with the exodust cheese ? so they created the uk cheese crossing exodust with kush then back crossed it so many times to get more of the exodust genectics in the plant ?

ive never tried make female seed just dont have the room or time its not like seeds are expenive well not from GHS anyway :)

Allow me to clear the air for my miss wording yes u still get hermi seeds from this process as with any all plants have the gene to mutate into hermis so any cross even male female can produce hermi seeds its all a matter of the life cycle of the plant the less stress it faces the cleaner the genetics it passes on. So in short as long as only the hermi has ever really been stressed the genes from ur other plant should stabalize out most hermi genes mind u this is only what i have noticed the variables of ur individual climate may and usual do cuase variances in the plants reactions and outcomes.

Also only choose to polinate with a hermi cuts from ur strongest and healthyest mothers stress induced during vedge will effect the outcome of the seeds in the end

So if ur mother has been stressed do not use hermi pollen on the cutings if u want the lowest possible hermi production in the seeds

These r just guidelines not rules by the way u may find something that works better for u

So if ur mother has been stressed do not use hermi pollen on the cutings if u want the lowest possible hermi production in the seeds

say that you have a mother and clones from her and you have stressed one of the clones to the max and that clone never hemied then would that mother be a good canadate to use the pollen on ?

vinny , you are wrong about saying that " as long as only one of the plant is stressed the other will equal out" if you stress a female strain to cause it to hermie and then collect the pollen your plant's will always have an increased susceptibility to displaying hermie trait's if the condition's are right. breeder's now a day's use silver spray's to get pollen for feminized seed production. it's a much better technique because when you are stressing the plant you are essentially looking for 1 plant that will turn hermie easily and another that is resilient to harsh condition's, that combination will always equal out to a certain percentage of that population that will display hermaphroditic tendency's more readily.

when using colloidal silver spray ( which you can buy on the internet or i have heard of people making there own silver spray) to reverse a female plant you can look for only resilient to more harsh condition's as well as freeing you up to be able to seek out whatever desired trait's from both female's the mother and the on that is used for pollen collection.

here is a how to video on how to make colloidal silver at home, use distilled water and a PPM meter. typically 40 ppm - 50 ppm is good to use for spraying the plant's according to female seed's website.

• Like 1

God yes rape her with that pollen or at least one branch of it

Weel her cutings lol momy wont b budding of course

The more stress the mother can handle.the more viable the combination will b

yeah man i haer you lol i have made regular seeds in the pass mainly for outdoor growing and ended up with a fair few hermis not just females turning male but males turning female, moved very far noth to cold and to much bad weather up hear to grow so most crosses i made have never been gown just banged up in my frezer, once i might try making female seeds try a cross if i ever have the room :)

vinny , you are wrong about saying that " as long as only one of the plant is stressed the other will equal out" if you stress a female strain to cause it to hermie and then collect the pollen your plant's will always have an increased susceptibility to displaying hermie trait's if the condition's are right. breeder's now a day's use silver spray's to get pollen for feminized seed production. it's a much better technique because when you are stressing the plant you are essentially looking for 1 plant that will turn hermie easily and another that is resilient to harsh condition's, that combination will always equal out to a certain percentage of that population that will display hermaphroditic tendency's more readily.

when using colloidal silver spray ( which you can buy on the internet or i have heard of people making there own silver spray) to reverse a female plant you can look for only resilient to more harsh condition's as well as freeing you up to be able to seek out whatever desired trait's from both female's the mother and the on that is used for pollen collection.

here is a how to video on how to make colloidal silver at home, use distilled water and a PPM meter. typically 40 ppm - 50 ppm is good to use for spraying the plant's according to female seed's website.

so if you do as i say and take cuttings stressing them out and no hermis then use an unstresed cutting spraying with sliver spray and use that to pollanate the mother then that will make 100% fem seeds?

that's how all the big seed companies do it, this is something from an article called " feminized seed's breeding to minimize intersextuality" from sensi seed's.

"By the time Sensi Seeds and White Label Seed Co. decided to start offering feminised seeds, the process had been greatly improved. Using different forms of silver, female plants with a very minor tendency to turn intersexual – plants that would stay female even in harsh, irregular, stressful conditions – could be forced to produce male flowers. This means that their offspring have no more tendency that a normal female cannabis plant to turn intersexual. The feminised strains offered by Sensi Seeds and White Label are produced in this way."

if you wanna read that full article check it out here'

http://sensiseeds.com/en/blog/feminized-seeds-breeding-to-minimise-intersexuality/

• Like 2

As to greenomatics post yes ot is true u always have a suseptibility to hermi genes being passed on. I am simply stateing that the strength and resistance will also b passed on so u will definately get fewer hermis with a strong cross than with two easily stressed strains

• Like 1

I agree with chronic grower bit personaly i do not use chemicals at all none what so ever i let nature do what it dose best.

what are you talking about colloidal silver isent a chemical it is just silver particle's suspended in distilled water, and what you are doing in stressing a female to create pollen is not letting nature do what it does best, it's toying with nature to suit your need's so why not do it the proper way it's not any more difficult and there are many more advantages then i have mentioned eg you turn the hole plant into a male so you can collect more pollen, or you could only spary a portion of the plant if you want . also silver spray has no effect on the pollen and you arent consuming the pollen ether.

chronic grower : when it come's to growing it's impossible to make a plant 100% hermi free all cannabis plant's are susceptible to displaying hermi trait's in the right condition's when a seed company say's 100% feminized they are referring to male to female ratio only.

ok let me reword that , when it comes to breeding all cannabis plant's whether feminized or not have the ability to display hermi trait's, where a breeder's skill come's in is in picking the appropriate mother's and father's to be resilient to harsh condition's and by using only specimen's that are resilient you lessen the odd's of having seed's that are highly susceptible to displaying these trait's. you shouldent use the method of stressing plant's to make feminized seed's because in using even 1 specimen that is more suseptible to displaying hermi trait's your are increasing the odd's that some of your plant's offspring will also be suseptible to harsh condition's and stress. in short a breeder can use his skill and knowledge to lower the odd's of finding hermie's but to completely make a strain 100% hermie proof would be impossible without genetic modification's of some sort.

I totally agree, and it sure would he don´t have any male, but if for some reason there are variations in growing conditions, it is very certain that the hermaphroditism comes to light, really what he does is hermaphrodite seeds.

I understand that, i know can make seeds, but the topic that you created called "feminized seeds" and that my dear friend is not feminization. If you do a simple Punnett square you'll see, look:

XXY = Hermie gene

XX = Female gene

X Xy

X XX XXY

X XX XXY

And that's what you get, and remember that the phenotype are the environmental characteristics and the genome, so, if there is no stress that was caused in the parent will never express the gene Hermie.

By this I mean that you can have only females but you run a higher risk of environmental fluctuations than a feminized seed (approximately 50% with Hermie and 2% with feminized)