drying and curing

budman1988

Hi everyone

i have recently chopped the smallest of my white lemon grow and have been drying in a 20 degrees 59% humidity room for the past 3 days,

the buds have lost exactly half the wet weight in this short time but the buds are not that bid except the main cola... is this too much weight loss for this amount of time?

i have put my smaller buds that are dry that have all of the following.... dry on the outside, look lighter, stems thinner but dont snap. i will take them out the jar every day for 30 mins ...... is this ok?

buds smell like grass or hay is this normal for some strains?

i have growed before but the outdoor white widows never smelled like this

any help will get plus rep :D

you should avoid jars as long as it's not really dried, if they dry to fast put them in a shoe box, or any cardboardbox, like postage, or corn flakes ^^ and put some paper towel inside and all around the buds so it makes a little beds for them. And usually in too dry condition this is a good method to dry slower.

But in 3 days it is normal that your plant start to loose more weight water is getting away more and more now :)

For the hay smell, if yo let a little too much fan leaves or green leaves it can smel like this, but usually once dry and when you break the buds the smell is here :)

good luck man

• Like 1

you should avoid jars as long as it's not really dried, if they dry to fast put them in a shoe box, or any cardboardbox, like postage, or corn flakes ^^ and put some paper towel inside and all around the buds so it makes a little beds for them. And usually in too dry condition this is a good method to dry slower.

But in 3 days it is normal that your plant start to loose more weight water is getting away more and more now :)

For the hay smell, if yo let a little too much fan leaves or green leaves it can smel like this, but usually once dry and when you break the buds the smell is here :)

good luck man

thanks for the heads up brother :)

yes it can overdry but you need really dry air, with a 50% room you will need a long time before to have overdried weed in cardboard box if the box is closed and full with paper. but fiyour room is at 30% or above yes it could overdrive a little, but you will feel it before it happens if you check on the buds sometimes. and yes no problem with the cholorpphyle normally, if you look in the grow videos it is also the way they dry the weed at GH. For sure to keep 6 months it's not the best solution, but for the drying session it's good, in summer my place is very dry and i didn't have problem. but it changes in each house so check on yours at least every 2 days until you are sure it's safe.

• Like 1

yes it can overdry but you need really dry air, with a 50% room you will need a long time before to have overdried weed in cardboard box if the box is closed and full with paper. but fiyour room is at 30% or above yes it could overdrive a little, but you will feel it before it happens if you check on the buds sometimes. and yes no problem with the cholorpphyle normally, if you look in the grow videos it is also the way they dry the weed at GH. For sure to keep 6 months it's not the best solution, but for the drying session it's good, in summer my place is very dry and i didn't have problem. but it changes in each house so check on yours at least every 2 days until you are sure it's safe.

thanks dude.

the room is at 50-60% humidity and does not go over or less at the moment.

its just a bit of a put off when you read people saying if you can smell the chlorophyll its not going to end up smelling to good at final result.