My germination techniques

INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone

Today i'm going to share with you the method I used for the germination for my seeds.

Using this method I had a rate of 10/10 and 9/11 so that seems work pretty good.

I hope this will perhaps help some of us !

I don't say it's the only method, there are a lot of different methods, also if you have another methods that works fine just keep it or can still give a try to this one :)

What you will need for this :

What I must tell you is that I usually grow outdoor, so I don't use light.

If you too grow outdoor I can recommend you to put the small plants

1. Seeds (of course)

2. small pot, squares pots are easier to use

3. some soil, be sure to use a light soil, if the soil is too rich it can burns the plants !

5. glass and water, I usually use water in bottle because there is less mineral than in the "city" water (I don't really know how to express this in English, i'm sorry) and also the pH is ok

6. A spray with some water

7. A frigolite bac, to keep warm and humidity, theses are often use to keep fishes you can ask shops were they sell fishes to get one but juste be sure to clean it of course...

8. Some plastic tap that you use in the kitchen for food

9. A pen or something similar

Here is a picture of 7 : box_top%5B1%5D.jpg

Let's start : Step 1 :

Be sure to always use clean objects, clean your hands before too.

So to start I will put the seeds in a glass of bottle water.

I usually put the seeds for a few hours, max 10 hours because I don't really like they stay in water.

If there are down in the glass, there are rehydrated and ready (but sure to tape the seeds, sometimes there is a bubble of air near the seeds.

Keep the glass in darkness and in place over 20°C

Step 2:

So our seeds are rehydrated, now we are going to put them in the soil.

Dig a small hole (it's easier if you use a pen) and put your seed into, one seed per pot, put some soil over, and slowly press with your finger.

Now use the spray to put some water, don't water too much because the seeds could go down in the pot and die :'(

Wrap some plastic tape (cellophane) that you sometimes use in the kitchen to wrap your food.

Now put the pots in the frigolite bac, I recommend to add a thermometer to keep an eye over the temperature.

You can put the bac near a hot place, to have 23-25°C but don't go over 30°C !!! and have at least 20°C

Check at least daily if the seeds are out !

I hope you enjoyed this and hope it helped :)

Sorry for my bad English :s

What I must tell you is that I usually grow outdoor, so I don't use light.

If you too grow outdoor I can recommend you to put the small plants undersome light for the start because light from the window is usually not enough.

Also a method I used for the start is to cut a plastic bottle in 2, and put the bottel to make a small plastic greenhouse and keep humidity for the youngs plants :)

• Like 1