Notorious Norbert cop stories

firefighter

I really like stories of Notorious Norbert from the Freak Brothers cartoons. Especially when they happen in reallife today and Norbert loses as in the old cartoons or ridicules himself:

A friend wrote me that in some states in they are still hunting us like that TODAY. He wrote in a big US weed forum I will not name here but he said after a very short time they became angry with him and he attracted the heat especially because of his dutch IP adress. So they blocked his pic upload in this forum and he began to ask why is that and pls check blabla. Nothing happened but after some weeks they told him in the open: hey man, no problem, just use your direct internet line without any stealth technique or proxy of any kind so we can identify your IPadress. THEN we will allow you to upload pics again!!!!! Isn't that nice"!? Helping the poor guy with his evil proxy.....

But that is not all. At the very same day he got a PM from a "neighbouring english speaking country to Holland" in that forum from a guy he never heard before of asking him to pubish his home adress and if he would do that he would get a FREE package of an expensive fertilzer/ package delivered to his home in Holland!! I do not have to say he was also followed into other forums in Holland i.e. by nice US-hippies with extraordinary 70's hippie slang ;-))

Isn't that nice? Gilbert Shelton couldn't have writen the plot better for his cartoons.....but it happens today friends, in the US.

post-21693-0-40294000-1367176984.jpg

never heard of that comic guess it didn't get a lot out of the staes ^^

Haha, I guess it is an age issue.....I'm a 70s child, man :smoke:

Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers were sooooo famous.......even coffeeshops named after them in a funny little place called A'dam

haha yeah for sure it didn't help at that time sharing something over the sea wasn't that easy ^^

Ah, come on man, I am sure you now them. Don't they have the Freak Brothers Coffeeshop in Adam anymore? It is part of our culture.

They were published in Europe in the 70s and 80s by Raymond Martin and his notorious Volksverlag ;-)))

post-21693-0-86593700-1367399409.jpg

• 1 month later...

I love the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers! I did a dissertation on them at college. I have a compliation of all their comics, essential reading for bathroom breaks :)

Found this in YouTube - dated 2006, seems that it's taking longer than they expected to make :(

Here's a couple more....

• Like 2

Used to read these comix up in the book store of the Melkweg in 1978 or so..lol those memories..sweet

Yeah about that time.....it was a whole culture not just a lifestyle and you can still find it here and there in remote corners :prankster: