Roots blocked out, Darkstar

Guest nattydread

Guest nattydread

Almost pure indica hybrid of Purple Kush and Mazar - I - Sharif. Surprising results from this. Sprout was not doing so well, placed into bucket without drainage. After the first two weeks of flower the lights were on for 21 hours. Thought it would be a good time to transplant and document before.

The soil-less mix was also too compact and beginning to mold. Could the stretch shown be from the roots not doing so well? Now in a darker blue five gallon bucket with drilled holes on bottom. Thank you Strain Hunters.

med_gallery_19551_980_19308.jpg

A ground too pressed, could impede the orderly development of the root.

A container without drainage holes, you may accumulate too much water, depriving oxygen to the roots, and subsequent root rot and plant death.

having said that, my advice , is to use pots with drainage holes.

Al repotting spread a layer of expanded clay, or other inert material, to favor a greater drainage.

Solizione equally valid, would add to the polymer tereno small in size, I add also the river sand for improved drainage and increased oxygenation of the root.

I hope I have been of help, and wish you good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nattydread

Yes, thank you, it is easy to overlook what's going on beneath the soil level. Developed male flowers, fourth one this year from regular seed.