First Indoor Grow SCROG Blue OG, Purple Maroc & Bubblegummer

Phyziks

This is my first grow and I wanted to complete a journal to benefit and learn from it in the future. Any input and advice is much appreciated.

I will be doing the SCROG method so I can get a larger yield and hopefully I am able to harvest a decent yield from the finished product.

The details..

The Seeds:

--1 G13 Blue OG

--1 Purple Maroc

--1 Bubblegummer

The Setup:

--32"x32"x54" Grow Tent (reflective lining)

--Tek4 220 watt lighting (20,000 lumens)

--5 gallon air pots

--Oxygenated Water (air pump & air stone)

The Medium:

--Happy Frog Fox Farms Soil

--About 20% Perlite mixed-in

--The Andersons Humic Acid in the Blue OG only

The Nutrients:

--Mycos (Xtreme)

--Superthrive

--Growilla Veg Food

--Botanicare Cal-Mag

--Botanicare Bloom

--Botanicare Compost Tea

--Dutch Masters Liquid Light & Penetrator

--Epsom Salt (magnesium)

--Azamax

--SNS 209

--Dyna-Gro Pro-Tekt (silica)

Day 1 Blue OG

post-25550-0-68060800-1367856143.jpg

tanks for making a journal man, i move it to the correct section :)

Hope those ladies will do good on you, setup seems fine, i don't see extraction listed do you have one?

Have a good grow and keep us updated ;)

tanks for making a journal man, i move it to the correct section :)

Hope those ladies will do good on you, setup seems fine, i don't see extraction listed do you have one?

Have a good grow and keep us updated ;)

Hi Dust,

Thanks for the comment, what do you mean by extraction?

Sorry I'm still a rookie.

no worries everyone has to start someday ^^

Extraction is a part of the ventilation system, in optimal room you have 1 intractor, 1 extractor, and at least 1 fan ON in the room :)

ok but you wil have to fix this soon :) Ventilation system is one of the most important factor in a room, even if the temps are cool you got to have a regular air change to give to your ladies all the oxygen they need, and make sure they won't mold during flowering. Have a look on the forum we have a few thread about ventilation system ;)

Good luck

well you don't have a very big room so you won't need a very big fan, and nowadays they make pretty silent ones, the most silent are often a little more expensive of course.. you can also buy or build some isolated boxes that are made to stop the noise, it seems it works pretty nice, but it's a little more money too if you buy one of those, go in a growshop and see if one for your room is really too noisy or not.

I plan on purchasing a 300/400/600 watt LED similar to AdvancedLEDLights 11-band diamond lenses product. Any thoughts on this? I've been researching tons about LED and these are a good product. If I don't get one I'll just flower with this Tek4 with 3000k bulbs but I want more grams per watt so we will see.

Update:

Day 7

I'm going to water tomorrow morning and give the Blue OG its first dose of Growilla Veg food at about a quarter or half dose of what is recommended and maybe add a drop or two of superthrive in the water as well to really get the roots going. I might add Cal-Mag too because it's recommended during the second week. She seems to be liking the humic acid I added a few days ago.

I'm awaiting the arrival of two clones as well to add into the tent.

I plan on replacing the Tek4 with a 300/400/ or 600 watt LED 11-Band with Diamond Lenses. Any thoughts on that?

post-25550-0-97301800-1368310638.jpg

well i dont know much about led lights, but if you want more grams per watts i would recommend a 600w hps lamp mate. :king:

I've already thought about it and it's not cost effective for me and less stealth. I want something that generates less heat and so far the LED's are the direction I'm headed right now. They have many spectrums that you can't get from a typical HID or HPS and include a UV spectrum which allows massive resin build up.

well the cost is the same if you buy a 600 watt led lamp as the hps. but yeah i dont know about how efficient the leds are, but i know the hps is. but if seen also very nice buds under led light.

Update: Day 8

--I added 1/2 cup of Growilla Veg Food to the top of the soil. It's completely organic and I only have to apply every 10 days.

--I added a couple of drops of Superthrive to 2 liters of water

--I added 1/2 teaspoon of Botanicare Cal-Mag+ to 2 liters of water as well

***** This is where I'm a bit concerned.

--pH of water and nutrients was ~6.0 (I don't have a pH pen, just the dropper)

--pH of runoff was ~5.0

This is too acidic and next water will be just Cal-Mag+ at a slightly higher pH to compensate for the runoff drop in pH.

Here's a pic of the Growilla Veg Food (it's the sawdust looking matter on the top of the soil)

post-25550-0-74220800-1368385153.jpg

• Like 1

Update: Day 13

So, my dog decided to bite off a leaf of the first set of leaves. It doesn't seem to make a difference. Might stunt the growth for a couple of days but the plant is recovering fine. The plant is staying compact and leaves are flourishing. I water about every 3 days with cal-mag+ and foliar spray every 3 days with liquid light and penetrator by dutch masters (it's insane watching the leaves suck the spray through it's leaves). I gave the plant a few drops of superthrive today to help recover from the missing leaf. The pH seemed to balance itself somewhat, I watered with a pH of ~6.5 and had a runoff of pH ~6.0. All in all, the plant is growing well.

Here are some pics. As you can see in the back of the plant you will notice a missing finger from a fan leaf and the other pic is just showing the internodes.

post-25550-0-53856600-1368842780.jpg

post-25550-0-71045600-1368842791.jpg

Update: Day 15

Blue OG recovered from the mishap a few days ago due to my dog biting off one of the fingers. Staying relatively compact, I'm hoping for height though so i can train her in a SCRoG.

View from top and a picture of the nodes and new leaves. (Just foliar sprayed Dutch Masters Liquid Light & Penetrator 30 minutes prior to pics)

post-25550-0-61378700-1368992413.jpg

post-25550-0-90024400-1368992426.jpg

• Like 2