Caboose journal growing by mykol76 - °MISSION COMPLETE*

hey brother know perfectly that girl, because I followed your post.

But from what I understand, your caboose has been in bloom for more than 8 weeks?

Correct me if I'm wrong, because wrapped google translated can play tricks on: D

However, I agree with you that some plants could also probably close in week 7.

it is likely that the first cut will be around the first week of October, but as I said I'm not sure 100%

Next week, I'll see what to do.

I have 5 phenotype with shades of purple, and I think they need for a few more days, compared to the phenotype that you have mentioned about.

The buds are getting riper every day, just reap them when you see them fit . I reaped mine a bit earlier than 8 weeks - the one on the foto the short fattie after 7 weeks, the second 4 days later and the smoke was perfect, I am sure you will get even better and a lot more weed than I did. Am growing the last Caboose seed atm. too Doing nice at the start of week 2 of flowering . Very short but bushy and with huge fan leaves .

So far imo the best Indica I grew so far and I am not alone with that. every body I shared some buds with loved it ; so just enjoy and you can cut one a bit earlier and others a bit later - purple phenoes .

The buds are getting riper every day, just reap them when you see them fit . I reaped mine a bit earlier than 8 weeks - the one on the foto the short fattie after 7 weeks, the second 4 days later and the smoke was perfect, I am sure you will get even better and a lot more weed than I did. Am growing the last Caboose seed atm. too Doing nice at the start of week 2 of flowering . Very short but bushy and with huge fan leaves .

So far imo the best Indica I grew so far and I am not alone with that. every body I shared some buds with loved it ; so just enjoy and you can cut one a bit earlier and others a bit later - purple phenoes .

Actually today I examined the plants well, and definitely 3 of them will be cut by the end of September, up to early October.

The rest of you are still working, but with maturation, which from what I see, occurs rapidly, there will be much more in there.

Yeah, just the smell of this plant brings joy to me, I want to make them a nice final wash to remove any chemical residue in the soil,

at this moment I can only imagine the taste, but I'm sure it will be exceptional, the smell is crazy, you hear from far away.

from now on, the aim will be to work to maximize the flavor, as the final result, it is now roughly defined.

If you would have done better summer, I probably would have got the biggest buds, but all in all I'm happy. : P

Thanks again for the advice, now seen your experience with caboose.

Soon show you my NFT system with 18 clones caboose, already at week 2 of flowering. :)

• Like 1

Wonderful , now they are getting really close - The buds at close up from FOUR and SEVEN could be harvested and already give a real good smoke. Of course waiting another week to 10 days will bring out even more distinctive aroma + make it more potent. But you shoul already think about the final flush and feed only FINAL PHASE , RIPEN or similar, if you don't use any of that stuff add some honey , no more NPK feed - at least on these plants with more than a third brown hairs.

My 2 cents - you know what to do. What a fantastic job, that gonna be a lot of high grade !

• Like 1

Wonderful , now they are getting really close - The buds at close up from FOUR and SEVEN could be harvested and already give a real good smoke. Of course waiting another week to 10 days will bring out even more distinctive aroma + make it more potent. But you shoul already think about the final flush and feed only FINAL PHASE , RIPEN or similar, if you don't use any of that stuff add some honey , no more NPK feed - at least on these plants with more than a third brown hairs.

My 2 cents - you know what to do. What a fantastic job, that gonna be a lot of high grade !

Tnx for positive comment bro,

yes i stop feeding from yesterday,

almost all plants, except n. 5 which is a bit late, but she also looks like it's recovering.

I usually do not wash the substrate with large amounts of water, use the amount of a normal watering, so that the plant consumption all residues in the soil, and all that is stored in the leaves,

I think that within 6/7 days, the plants will be able to perform this work.

The root system is still functioning at 100%, the plant continues to drink its 4 liters of water per day on sunny days, and the soil dries out very easily, and this to me is a good sign.

I only add 2ml per liter of honey every 2 waterings.

So much because the kush is not already sweet on its own. : D

congratz man that's a nice big picture updpate :D i love the deep purple going on on some of the plant, if it could do this on the hole plant would be even greater hehe ;) but they look real good man nice production nice buds, and if i believe what i read the smell seems to be strong too :)

Have a good end of grow man let's hope you have lots of sun to finish them ;)

• Like 1

Really nice looking plants, hope mine frost up as nicely. See your stealing all the sun.

your plant get frost for sure mate! :D :D :D

I am not flushing big time neither - just about twice as much as normal watering , you can check the EC of the outcome to see if there is still salt build up. Otherwise a bit of honey makes sense , they ook perfect anyway !

Hey my Caboose friend. :) :) :)

we will do our best, thanks for kind words! ;)

congratz man that's a nice big picture updpate :D i love the deep purple going on on some of the plant, if it could do this on the hole plant would be even greater hehe ;) but they look real good man nice production nice buds, and if i believe what i read the smell seems to be strong too :)

Have a good end of grow man let's hope you have lots of sun to finish them ;)

Hey bro ..

thanks for the positive comments, and happy that like my plants. ;)

Regarding the purple ... I'm working on :D :D :D

• Like 1

Brilliant. Good idea to pick some of the dried out fan leaves to let more air + sun to the stem for the final week(s) . Now all you gots to do is watch out and pick the signals the plants are sending, when ready let them dry out a bit and pick them one by one - Weather is on your side athough it might get below zero in some alpine eras at night; but even that would only give the buds + leaves a purple touch..lol

I think it is the powder feeding, that shortens the flowering circle up to one week vs most other nutrients for growing Cannabis.

Brilliant. Good idea to pick some of the dried out fan leaves to let more air + sun to the stem for the final week(s) . Now all you gots to do is watch out and pick the signals the plants are sending, when ready let them dry out a bit and pick them one by one - Weather is on your side athough it might get below zero in some alpine eras at night; but even that would only give the buds + leaves a purple touch..lol

I think it is the powder feeding, that shortens the flowering circle up to one week vs most other nutrients for growing Cannabis.

Man forgive me if I contradict, but in my opinion (powder feeding) does not shorten the life of plants, but ... probably his life could be wanting to'' stretch''.

I say this because?

Not because powder feeding lengthens or shortens the life of the plants, he is simply a feed NPK, that once you find the correct strength of desired EC from the plant, he will be completely absorbed by the plant, leaving no residual element, the plant can not absorb.

As you can see from the pictures,

That only after the first watering with water alone, the plant went immediately in search of nutrients stored in the leaves larger,

this is awesome in my opinion,

It means that reserves of salt content in the soil is almost nil.

I arrived at the high EC of 2.3, and I've never done a flush roots for the duration of cultivation.

This allows you to keep the metabolism of the plant, at most, from beginning to end.

And to maintain an efficient radical apparatus, until the end.

This is the only reason I say that maybe powder feeding could extend the life of the plant.

And as the same thing for a human being, if you will make a healthy and balanced diet, increase your well-being, and probably will live even longer extension. :D

Conversely, if you do not observe what you eat, or is exceeded too with a alimente, the body will become intolerant, and this will result in a general malaise in the body.

As you can well understand we are not so different from plants. :D

There are no words to describe how efficient this product is.

But of course this is my humble opinion, you are free to disagree.

I close by saying:

That picking caboose in the first week of October, it is his time.

There is nothing in anticipated, not even delayed.

Because this period coincides at 8 weeks of flowering, obviously without being too picky, it could be a few days more or less day.

It is likely that my count, is not really correct, so do not take literally the days of flowering I have indicated.

• Like 1

sure you haven't over feed them :D perfect healthy plants. i'd just want to know when (if) frosts come at your place, becase as i look at your plants I want to try this strain out. and at my place it can come as soon as begin of october

Hello man, and welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the comment, but I do not know exactly when it will arrive the cold, only mother nature can know that.

When would you start growing?

haha great man outdoor + LED i had never seen it done yet, now i can check it on my list ;) ;) sorry to read for the cloudy week tho i hope too you will be able to get some nice sunny days before harvest ;)

Have a good end of grow

• Like 1

You were well equipped ..:-) with all the folies + lights. Well just a week or so more.Over here it is mad windy but sunny. First signs of autumn .

Regarding powderfeeding- you got a point most def that it could prolongue the lifetime but I got a point as well when I say that due to the perfect absortion of NPK the plants metabolism is running perfectly fine and without any delays the flowering circle gets as short or long as possible, after all imperfect growing conditions mean a week or 2 longer flowering times according to Arjan. He says in his grow videos often if your room is not in such optimal conditions you go 1 week or 2 weeks longer.."

But whenever they ready they ready let's leave it at that, ok ?!

PS After all the discussion started when someine said middle of october as expected harvest date. That was when I said : ' I think they are ready a week earlier', meaning first weekend in october.

You were well equipped ..:-) with all the folies + lights. Well just a week or so more.Over here it is mad windy but sunny. First signs of autumn .

Regarding powderfeeding- you got a point most def that it could prolongue the lifetime but I got a point as well when I say that due to the perfect absortion of NPK the plants metabolism is running perfectly fine and without any delays the flowering circle gets as short or long as possible, after all imperfect growing conditions mean a week or 2 longer flowering times according to Arjan. He says in his grow videos often if your room is not in such optimal conditions you go 1 week or 2 weeks longer.."

But whenever they ready they ready let's leave it at that, ok ?!

PS After all the discussion started when someine said middle of october as expected harvest date. That was when I said : ' I think they are ready a week earlier', meaning first weekend in october.

is my initial idea was to collect during the second week of October, but without knowing the genetics is understandable 4/5 days to difference, you can not predict exactly when you will make the cut during the 5th week of flowering.

Regarding powder feeding, I repeat: I do not believe that a feed npk be conclusive on the timing of flowering.

The flowering time is dictated by other factors, but still respect his idea, and I do not exclude the fact that she might be right.

Then the fact that the timing of flowering may lengthen due to non-ideal conditions, that is another matter.

Peace bro!

haha great man outdoor + LED i had never seen it done yet, now i can check it on my list ;) ;) sorry to read for the cloudy week tho i hope too you will be able to get some nice sunny days before harvest ;)

Have a good end of grow

I put the LED just because my HPS are all occupied,otherwise, under the canopy, I would have created the midday sun! hehehe :P

I have seen documentaries where the LED used for greenhouse cultivation, but honestly I do not know if you get good results.

Pece bro ;)

• Like 1

I think to start begine of april or end of march indors and go out in may

the best advice I can give you, whereas you want to start growing enough in advance, is to force the plants to bloom in mid-July, so as to make the cut in mid-September.

So that the plants will enjoy maximum uv spectrum of light that the sun can offer, and avoid the danger of having to collide with the entry of autumn.

otherwise it must only trust to luck, and hope that the weather will be good until the middle of October.