Afgooey x3 Outdoor grow

Gaz

VERY NICE :D

Smells should be getting interesting VERY SOON!

Anxious to see what aromas you get from her

Bless brother

There has been a little frost forming on the plants this week. One smells like a really nice hash, the other sweet and super fruity.

I think Dust had excellent advice and the fan's a good idea too..keep air moving and fungus out :) As for their progress they are more beautiful every update and I'm praying for good weather brother..I want to see them come to fruition with some nice fat cones!!

Peace

Always lurking in the shadows Mr.Dust waiting with some top tips. Still hopefully of pulling some decent flowers on these girls, buds are starting to join and getting frostier by the day. Been quite windy so plants seems to dry quick with a little assistance from me quite quickly. Great work with them autos.

• Like 1

Week 17 ( day 2)

Afternoon Strainhunters,

All is going well in the garden despite the weather. Again I have fed them once again this week with the Shortflower Powderfeed full strength (10g/10l). They don’t seem to be getting any taller and the early flowering stretch seems to be well over. So we should be at about the 5th week of flower this week, as 5 weeks and 4 days since they showed there sex.

AF2 the more Sativa pheno has an amazing unique fruity smell, it has not as much resin as AF1 and Af3 but the smell is unbelievable. The more Kushy pheno Af1 and AF3 have a more heavy hash like smell with an earthy quality. The resin has been building for about a week on these two girls and is coming at a very quick rate, Af3 has got her first sparkles Sunday.

I took your guys advise and have had to move them in twice this week, so thanks to you all for taking the time out to reply thanks – I put them in from 8-8. Been a really crappy week until Sunday when they got a couple of hours sun and yesterday when it was sunny all day so spent the day moving them around the garden into the sun, like a mad fool. Today it’s bright but cloudy.

Anyway enough waffle, here are some photo’s check AF1d it has some purple hairs that she decided to shoot out, I have not seen any on the other 2. All pictures are named.

post-16264-0-26530300-1379422296.jpg

post-16264-0-69821900-1379422298.jpg

post-16264-0-83292700-1379422300.jpg

post-16264-0-19491800-1379422303.jpg

post-16264-0-19515000-1379422306.jpg

post-16264-0-08802000-1379422309.jpg

post-16264-0-99479000-1379422310.jpg

post-16264-0-02637800-1379422313.jpg

post-16264-0-99761300-1379422413.jpg

post-16264-0-92884100-1379422416.jpg

post-16264-0-83599100-1379422418.jpg

post-16264-0-33183100-1379422421.jpg

post-16264-0-64981900-1379422422.jpg

• Like 3

Looking very healthy indeed, not alot of yellowing either so they might take the temps right through to the end.

Good luck

thanks Maffro, not 100% sure but Af2 seems to have a red tint on the edge of some leaves. Was hoping more autumn shades would have appeared by now.

hello bro,

plants enjoy a nice color green, the flowers go to grow fat henceforth. :P

Have a Happy continuous, and hopefully the weather will stay fine. ;)

forecast to be good next week so everything crossed for luck. But the buds are looking very promising.

Your doing a beautyfull job on the ladies man, awesome this top-cut afgooey. I think in every grow situation its better to top-cup her and have several tops growing on her! :cool: Thnx for the share mate.

Always happy to share but nearly at my upload limit !!!!!!!!! I agree always better to top than not, did not risk it on the WSS to reduce stress, but will always in future. Weather forecast looking better at the moment for next week so keep praying to the weed weather gods.

Decent plants! Let's hope for better weather for a few more weeks!! Peace

Thanks for dropping by.Sadly found some mild on one plant today, but there are some early signs of the leaves starting to change colour so the end is insight. going to keep them indoors at night in the dark to dry out with the fan.

Probably got to flower them indoors to the harvest date. A Sativa dominant plant never makes it in outdoors in central europe north of the alpes ! Unless you have a greenhouse or a sheltered dry space . They need 4 or 5 more weeks of 12 hours sunlight and no way yo find that in holland. Expect to give them 2 weeks or so to finish properly . Would be a pity to loose these beautiful girls so short before they are ready ...

• Like 1

Probably got to flower them indoors to the harvest date. A Sativa dominant plant never makes it in outdoors in central europe north of the alpes ! Unless you have a greenhouse or a sheltered dry space . They need 4 or 5 more weeks of 12 hours sunlight and no way yo find that in holland. Expect to give them 2 weeks or so to finish properly . Would be a pity to loose these beautiful girls so short before they are ready ...

quite annoying , was hoping to harvest around 10 th October , but as you said I think we have had one day sun since autumn started 1st September. Next few days are supposed to brighten up, so trying to stay optimistic. Strangely the Af2 which I think is more saliva dominant has been the first to start showing signs of finishing, as the leaves are starting to get a red /purple tint.

But have come to the conclusion that will have to run just autoflowers in the garden next year. Which I am happy to do as have no issues with autoflowers compared with feminized seeds. Thanks for passing by Bam-bhole makes this journal thing worth while.

• Like 1

quite annoying , was hoping to harvest around 10 th October , but as you said I think we have had one day sun since autumn started 1st September. Next few days are supposed to brighten up, so trying to stay optimistic. Strangely the Af2 which I think is more saliva dominant has been the first to start showing signs of finishing, as the leaves are starting to get a red /purple tint.

But have come to the conclusion that will have to run just autoflowers in the garden next year. Which I am happy to do as have no issues with autoflowers compared with feminized seeds. Thanks for passing by Bam-bhole makes this journal thing worth while.

The red purple tint can be from lots off things temperatures changing , N diff , and lots off other things. I've grown the Afgoo still do, and they need allmost ten full weeks to be close to finishing man. I guess nobody cares if yo finish her properly!
  • Like 1

Why you say that ? It is not his fault he got the wrong strain for the climate he lives in - a Caboose might have finished in time and with a little help from Neon Lights or LED's or best of course HPS and keeping her sheltered in bad weather the Afgooeys can still be a success. I know why I do not grow outdoors but some folks do and get okay to good results it all depends on the season. It started way too late and now it is too cold + rainy way too early. That alone are at least 5 ful weeks vs a year with top summer conditions. I had an AH#3 last summer and brought her inside about this time in September after the first storm hit her and with 6 weeks of keeping her in the growroom in between 2 lights I could harvest some okay ripe buds and that girl was just starting to flower outdoors. This year the Caboose was inside way too long and already in early flower in end of June, when it was finally warm enough to push her outside and that was even worse, since the buds never really developed in size just got ripe. So yeah AUTOS is about the only type you can grow and expect to finish properly but that means small plants low yields.

A greenhouse can help a lot or a nicely sheltered growing era..

• Like 1

hey gaz,

do not lose faith, the plants are in good health, and with some changes, and then close the flowering beauty.

you could build a wood frame and cover it with the transparent PVC sheet, so as to keep them away from rain, and temperatures are too rigid,

then in addition as our friend said good-bam bhole, help them with a pair of CFL to finish flowering properly.

And I would like to close by saying, even if we are in a competition, that does not mean having to lose values ​​such as brotherhood and passion that unites us.

good luck bro!

• Like 1

nice plants gaz the weather in britain was the same a lot off my friends are finishing theres in doors you should do that if you think you will lose them outside all your hard work gone to waist and you dont want mould good luck bro they will be ok peace to you

• Like 2

The red purple tint can be from lots off things temperatures changing , N diff , and lots off other things. I've grown the Afgoo still do, and they need allmost ten full weeks to be close to finishing man. I guess nobody cares if yo finish her properly!

I do , will get them finished outside as no room indoors. Think the colours are more to do with the temperature as, half the plant which is more sheltered is still green.

Why you say that ? It is not his fault he got the wrong strain for the climate he lives in - a Caboose might have finished in time and with a little help from Neon Lights or LED's or best of course HPS and keeping her sheltered in bad weather the Afgooeys can still be a success. I know why I do not grow outdoors but some folks do and get okay to good results it all depends on the season. It started way too late and now it is too cold + rainy way too early. That alone are at least 5 ful weeks vs a year with top summer conditions. I had an AH#3 last summer and brought her inside about this time in September after the first storm hit her and with 6 weeks of keeping her in the growroom in between 2 lights I could harvest some okay ripe buds and that girl was just starting to flower outdoors. This year the Caboose was inside way too long and already in early flower in end of June, when it was finally warm enough to push her outside and that was even worse, since the buds never really developed in size just got ripe. So yeah AUTOS is about the only type you can grow and expect to finish properly but that means small plants low yields.

A greenhouse can help a lot or a nicely sheltered growing era..

Thanks for the support man. Would love to bring them indoors or supplement the light but no room and the 400w HPS swinging in the garden might get wet lol. I agree that autos outside in our climate is the best option, got some nice results with the Kalashnikova auto this time, was a test and they passed as never expected much. All I can do with the Afgooey is keep going doing my best to protect them at night and from the rain. I do have a little sheltered spot , but it does not get as much sun. As long as the bds can mature enough to smoke I will be happy, all free weed when grown outdoors. Might yet get some nice weather - ever hopefull

hey gaz,

do not lose faith, the plants are in good health, and with some changes, and then close the flowering beauty.

you could build a wood frame and cover it with the transparent PVC sheet, so as to keep them away from rain, and temperatures are too rigid,

then in addition as our friend said good-bam bhole, help them with a pair of CFL to finish flowering properly.

And I would like to close by saying, even if we are in a competition, that does not mean having to lose values ​​such as brotherhood and passion that unites us.

good luck bro!

No point worrying about what's out of your control. Just keep praying for some nice weather to finish them, they are showing signs this week of that as have some yellowing of the lower leaves and the change in colour - you'll see on the update later. Have no suitable lights available as I have just started the Christmas grow, going to be fruity. I hear what you say about brotherhood and passion, think something got lost in translation. Thanks for the support bro

nice plants gaz the weather in britain was the same a lot off my friends are finishing theres in doors you should do that if you think you will lose them outside all your hard work gone to waist and you dont want mould good luck bro they will be ok peace to you

Never considered growing outdoors when lived in Manchester can't think why lol. I will harvest something off these girl, keep loving them and they will reward me for sure. Luckily been warmer last 2 days and rot seems under control, have had to remove only 2 buds and bit gaffer tape jobs a good un. Got my plastic sheet ready and the fan in the garage when been in over night. No room indoors but was tempted when they started flowering, not really in the spirit of the outdoor cup, popping them inside, but don't blame your mates, makes no sense after 18-20 week work and care , cheers bro ukgrowgang expat signing off

Week 18 (day 1)

After poor start to the week and some minor mould issues, things are looking up for the next couple of days. So hoping I caught that just in time, as spotted a leaf falling and a little mould appearing in one or 2 spots, you can see it on the pictures.

Not quite sure if it is the cold weather or the plants maturing that is causing the beautiful colour to appear on AF2 – If I wasn’t married lol, she’d be mine. Af1 has a slight tint of purple/red colour the last 2 days, more prominent on Pheno Af1 and Af3 is the red lines appearing down the leaf stems and like blood veins, which I am sure, I read that this is also a sign of maturity. Also there is some slight fading of the lower leaves. With this in mind and the expected sun tomorrow I have fed them for the last time today as by my calculations, which are not an exact science, they should have been flowering 6 weeks, this is based on it showing its sex 7 weeks ago. As usual sticking with the Short flower powder feed I used 7.5g in my 10 litre can along with one squirt of Hesi Phosphorus boost feed, for good luck. Af1 and Af3 smell really piney, where as Af2 has a tangerine smell.

I hope they finish in the 8 weeks it quotes on the Strainhunters new seed bank sight, very nice by the way. I have taken on board the advice and have a PVC sheet I can shield them from any more showers we get. Enjoy the pictures, any questions, feel free to ask. The caterpillar has been relocated to the front garden!

post-16264-0-65129400-1379948381.jpg

post-16264-0-07910500-1379948384.jpg

post-16264-0-83729200-1379948385.jpg

post-16264-0-77185400-1379948387.jpg

post-16264-0-45182500-1379948390.jpg

post-16264-0-41376700-1379948393.jpg

post-16264-0-06984800-1379948395.jpg

post-16264-0-89236500-1379948396.jpg

post-16264-0-50422600-1379948442.jpg

post-16264-0-21478100-1379948447.jpg

post-16264-0-55710800-1379948450.jpg

post-16264-0-38975200-1379948454.jpg