Afgooey x3 Outdoor grow

Gaz

the plants look nice and healthy, especially the central one with purple hues.

No need to fight the yellowing of the leaves because it is a normal thing, but surely you already know that.

Until the end of September the weather will be good, but by the beginning of October comes the rain and wind, at least from my area is so.

I'm trying to force my girls to mature, lowering food regime.

Precisely for the reason listed above.

The best thing would be to force the plants to bloom at the end of june, so that the flower can enjoy more UV rays during the period of July and August.

Good luck and happy harvest.

• Like 1

These girls look good atm. With the little shlter they will stand the next 2 weeks I bet, ince finally the long rain period is past us and temps of 20 plu degrees and now exactly 12 hours day/12 hours night flowering is at it's peak. That is the problem I tried to be smart and have them flower end of june but what happens with 18 hours sunlight is they settle back toVeg mode and do nothing in terms of getting fatter buds That takes another 4 weeks or so and then they just fil out what was there in the beginning - fluffy tiny clusters near the stem and a few bigger pop corn around the top colas . Can't trick nature - Sativas don't start flowering unless it is at least 10 hours of darkness - that's around middle of August, Inndicas may start a bit earlier and then the time window can be close or large - ine year with very nice early autumn we harvested a plants grown guerrilla style in the first week of Novvember. Minor rot some buds already overripe but overall impressive fat cola with all kind of purple and pink colors - Some years the weather is just too bad in our region unless you can help with shelter others it will work if you find the right time to start them ! Too tricky for me ..

• Like 1

the plants look nice and healthy, especially the central one with purple hues.

No need to fight the yellowing of the leaves because it is a normal thing, but surely you already know that.

Until the end of September the weather will be good, but by the beginning of October comes the rain and wind, at least from my area is so.

I'm trying to force my girls to mature, lowering food regime.

Precisely for the reason listed above.

The best thing would be to force the plants to bloom at the end of june, so that the flower can enjoy more UV rays during the period of July and August.

Good luck and happy harvest.

Thanks Mykol, luckily forecast to be quite dray and 20 for the next week or two, looks like my prayers may have been answered. Did consider forcing the flowering, but did not have time to read up on this in time and also a guy on Instagram had some hermie issues forcing flower. No more food now going to flush them tomorrow, get rid of all those now nasty chemicals

:girlcrazy::brunette::fans::girlhide::girldevil::girlglasses::girlwah::takeexample:

Why you say that ? It is not his fault he got the wrong strain for the climate he lives in - a Caboose might have finished in time and with a little help from Neon Lights or LED's or best of course HPS and keeping her sheltered in bad weather the Afgooeys can still be a success. I know why I do not grow outdoors but some folks do and get okay to good results it all depends on the season. It started way too late and now it is too cold + rainy way too early. That alone are at least 5 ful weeks vs a year with top summer conditions. I had an AH#3 last summer and brought her inside about this time in September after the first storm hit her and with 6 weeks of keeping her in the growroom in between 2 lights I could harvest some okay ripe buds and that girl was just starting to flower outdoors. This year the Caboose was inside way too long and already in early flower in end of June, when it was finally warm enough to push her outside and that was even worse, since the buds never really developed in size just got ripe. So yeah AUTOS is about the only type you can grow and expect to finish properly but that means small plants low yields.

A greenhouse can help a lot or a nicely sheltered growing era..

That s what I mean so I see no point in all this, you don't put in so mutch effort to have it FU by the weather! He can do and must do what I would do also! heating or whatever!!!

These girls look good atm. With the little shlter they will stand the next 2 weeks I bet, ince finally the long rain period is past us and temps of 20 plu degrees and now exactly 12 hours day/12 hours night flowering is at it's peak. That is the problem I tried to be smart and have them flower end of june but what happens with 18 hours sunlight is they settle back toVeg mode and do nothing in terms of getting fatter buds That takes another 4 weeks or so and then they just fil out what was there in the beginning - fluffy tiny clusters near the stem and a few bigger pop corn around the top colas . Can't trick nature - Sativas don't start flowering unless it is at least 10 hours of darkness - that's around middle of August, Inndicas may start a bit earlier and then the time window can be close or large - ine year with very nice early autumn we harvested a plants grown guerrilla style in the first week of Novvember. Minor rot some buds already overripe but overall impressive fat cola with all kind of purple and pink colors - Some years the weather is just too bad in our region unless you can help with shelter others it will work if you find the right time to start them ! Too tricky for me ..

Yes definetley some better weather coming next 2 weeks, lets hope they don't need much longer, smell was lovely today after a full day of sun, the resin smells of pine on AF1 and Af3 the purple Af2 has an orange/ tangerine citrus smell. Last year had some Dutch passion more suited to the Dutch climate and they finished at nearly the end of October, with no mould. Hoping to get a small greenhouse next year, solve the rain issue. Will be keeping them covered from the rain and the night temperatures are due to stay over 10c, hopefully mould should not be a problem.

Yes definetley some better weather coming next 2 weeks, lets hope they don't need much longer, smell was lovely today after a full day of sun, the resin smells of pine on AF1 and Af3 the purple Af2 has an orange/ tangerine citrus smell. Last year had some Dutch passion more suited to the Dutch climate and they finished at nearly the end of October, with no mould. Hoping to get a small greenhouse next year, solve the rain issue. Will be keeping them covered from the rain and the night temperatures are due to stay over 10c, hopefully mould should not be a problem.

Dude have a small heater stand next to them and make the air move no rain, black mold has nasty spreading features it gets airborn! Try cuttin the rotten parts and remove carefull make sure nothing stays behind!!! When you put them outside let them have no rain. Supplement with cfl in the garage!! Shorten your days to ten hours by putting them inside everynight, maybe some to think off. 14/10 helps inside too!
  • Like 1

Brother I feel sorry for mold to your plants.

For kill mold in the flowering season as advanced as his, you could use a solution of H2O2, diluted in 1 liter of water, and spray the affected areas.

This certainly kill the mold, but can not prevent the occurrence of it in the future.

good luck.

• Like 1

Dude have a small heater stand next to them and make the air move no rain, black mold has nasty spreading features it gets airborn! Try cuttin the rotten parts and remove carefull make sure nothing stays behind!!! When you put them outside let them have no rain. Supplement with cfl in the garage!! Shorten your days to ten hours by putting them inside everynight, maybe some to think off. 14/10 helps inside too!

managed to remove the mould and hopefully the dry weather and sun these last days have dried it out. When I put them in at night I have the fan on to try dry them. It difficult with working different shifts to keep them on a reduced light cycle. I have a sheet to keep the rain out when it returns.

Brother I feel sorry for mold to your plants.

For kill mold in the flowering season as advanced as his, you could use a solution of H2O2, diluted in 1 liter of water, and spray the affected areas.

This certainly kill the mold, but can not prevent the occurrence of it in the future.

good luck.

hydrogen peroxide ? I will check the wife's hair dye lol. Will regret saying this , but think it's under control had a few warmer days 20 c and sun last 2 days so looks to have dried. So I have covered the stems where the mouldy buds have been removed . Thanks for the advice have mould a lot as my indoor grow room is the cellar.
  • Like 1

Hi Gaz, really sorry to hear about your mold issues, been there and it sucks. But it sounds like you may have things under control now and the ladies are looking beautiful, especially the AF2 with the fat purple leaves, very pretty! It sounds like life and the garden are keeping you busy..hang in there and we will all hope for a healthy finish for you brother!! :)

Peace

• Like 1

hi gaz they all look good I like the big fatty on top off af1 and the beautiful collours on af2 hope it all goes well nice grow nice looking plants peace to you friend. what do you think off hesi vit the tiny bottle I can not see any thing but hesi root complex is brilliant it really helps plants when there is a problem

• Like 1

hi

nice job !!!number 2 will have beautiful color at the end !!!

Peace

she gets more purple by the day, took me pictures but not time to edit, come back tomorrow for some great shots, she looks great Af2 thanks

Hi Gaz, really sorry to hear about your mold issues, been there and it sucks. But it sounds like you may have things under control now and the ladies are looking beautiful, especially the AF2 with the fat purple leaves, very pretty! It sounds like life and the garden are keeping you busy..hang in there and we will all hope for a healthy finish for you brother!! :)

Peace

luckily had a good week in the low 20'c and sun. So dried out a treat I have brushed with the wife's hydrogen peroxide as advised and hopefully only lost 4 buds. . The AF2 gets more beautiful daily. Not as fruity smelling as the other two !! Thanks for the kind words hope to see you 1st place in the auto cup get ya flights booked lol
  • Like 1

hi gaz they all look good I like the big fatty on top off af1 and the beautiful collours on af2 hope it all goes well nice grow nice looking plants peace to you friend. what do you think off hesi vit the tiny bottle I can not see any thing but hesi root complex is brilliant it really helps plants when there is a problem

looking good and almost there , just a couple more days sun, the Hesi vit is just habit two drops every can, secret ingredient sssshhh . Thanks for the support and kind words. Peace to you also. The AF2 is a real beauty wish I could keep her. Needs must.

luckily had a good week in the low 20'c and sun. So dried out a treat I have brushed with the wife's hydrogen peroxide as advised and hopefully only lost 4 buds. . The AF2 gets more beautiful daily. Not as fruity smelling as the other two !! Thanks for the kind words hope to see you 1st place in the auto cup get ya flights booked lol

Nice to hear about the better weather that should help em finish and 4 buds shouldn't be too bad compared to what you are gonna get out of them in the end. It was a wet year outdoors around the world for the growers on here from what I've seen, hopefully next year will see improved weather and no mold. Mmmm fruity is good, so I'm guessing AF2 is more dank and indica like..always good to have a mix of phenos and she's a beaut :) Someone asked me today why I don't do clones and I told them that exact reason, the variety expressed by seeds is a lot more fun.

LOL thanks for your confidence but I think there are a lot of other nice grows than just mine, yours included, and no idea what our Spanish friends have done on the other site, but like all of us here I definitely spend a ton of time daydreaming about a week in the Dam!! :biggrin:

Best of luck with both contests!!

Peace bro

• Like 1

Nice to hear about the better weather that should help em finish and 4 buds shouldn't be too bad compared to what you are gonna get out of them in the end. It was a wet year outdoors around the world for the growers on here from what I've seen, hopefully next year will see improved weather and no mold. Mmmm fruity is good, so I'm guessing AF2 is more dank and indica like..always good to have a mix of phenos and she's a beaut :) Someone asked me today why I don't do clones and I told them that exact reason, the variety expressed by seeds is a lot more fun.

LOL thanks for your confidence but I think there are a lot of other nice grows than just mine, yours included, and no idea what our Spanish friends have done on the other site, but like all of us here I definitely spend a ton of time daydreaming about a week in the Dam!! :biggrin:

Best of luck with both contests!!

Peace bro

Was all set to chop Saturday but, looks like there may be another week of sun on offer , so we will continue a little while longer, Strange as I thought AF2 looked more Sativa but I have not grown Sativas before only hybrids. Got everything crossed for the cup for you, best I have seen but not been spending as much time on the forum lately as nearly at my picture limit. The new indoor grow started last week is going to have be an Instagram only journal. All I will say is its going to be a fruity Christmas time.

Week 19 (Day3)

Apologies for the delay firstly had been m y plan to do it Monday but got side tracked by some Kandy Kush, then last night a friend appeared from nowhere as I was editing my photos’s, with a large bag of White Widow – classic . Still feeling it this morning, love a good weed hangover lol.

Back to business, I have been a very happy man this week almost 7 days of sun, and the results have been spectacular as the resin production has gone into overdrive. In terms of ripeness the flowers seem to be developing and look quite ready on some stems but less so on others. We are due another fine week so I will abort the plan to chop them Saturday as they would benefit from more time, I think. But that could change.

Not feed this week, but have just watered them, and flushed them with 30 litres of water for each plant (17 litre Pots). I am hoping to flush them again this week, but judging by the change in colour of the leaves , the plant is now , sapping every last bit of goodness from the leaves.

The smell is amazing really lingers in the garden. AF1 has a beautiful fruity, sweet sugary smell like Pink Refreshers (sweets/ candies). AF2 the purple beauty has lost its smell as the resin has lost its sweetness and is getting that ripe potent smell we love. Af3 is also fruity but smells more like citrus orange well Tangerine to be precise.

Apologies for all the pictures got a little carried away. Any questions feel free to ask. All the photos are named as usual, happy smoking hunters.

post-16264-0-17628700-1380703236.jpg

post-16264-0-60772400-1380703240.jpg

post-16264-0-13716900-1380703243.jpg

post-16264-0-78719300-1380703245.jpg

post-16264-0-84504300-1380703248.jpg

post-16264-0-46457300-1380703295.jpg

post-16264-0-63132200-1380703298.jpg

post-16264-0-32611000-1380703303.jpg

post-16264-0-85918800-1380703306.jpg

post-16264-0-05692400-1380703310.jpg

post-16264-0-29718400-1380703346.jpg

post-16264-0-45125200-1380703349.jpg

post-16264-0-61438900-1380703351.jpg

post-16264-0-30461200-1380703353.jpg

post-16264-0-83234400-1380703355.jpg

post-16264-0-79766400-1380703356.jpg

post-16264-0-05511600-1380703358.jpg

post-16264-0-47835400-1380703359.jpg

• Like 4

af2 is so beautiful all the tops in the week have grown so much thats the problem some times at the end if you pick to quick you could lose so much weight in one week there is always a explode bit in buds with good seeds and being looked after I love them ive got some money maker im doing next just 2 im smoking think first and jack jere I like end off summer peace gaz

• Like 1

af2 is so beautiful all the tops in the week have grown so much thats the problem some times at the end if you pick to quick you could lose so much weight in one week there is always a explode bit in buds with good seeds and being looked after I love them ive got some money maker im doing next just 2 im smoking think first and jack jere I like end off summer peace gaz

shame the outdoor season in our climates is based on the weather forecasts. Enjoy your smoke bro. I also love the end of summer