Advice would be nice, First time grower

kaoyaku

Hey all, first time grower here who definitely needs some guidance.

Planted 9 days ago in rockwool.

Here's what they look like now: http://oi39.tinypic.com/1t1ush.jpg

Soaked the rockwool for 24hrs to adjust pH and planted seeds. Been watering with distilled water and had em inside getting hit with sunlight. Roots are now showing through the bottom of the rockwool. Whats my play? And how do these look?

Thanks all!

Depends on temperature outdoor. If it's dropping below 10 Celsius. They don't like it very much. Got mine in the window. Had hail and 5 Celsius today. Supposed to ne late spring/ early summer.

Might go below 10c one more time at night this year but for the most part its around 20c+. So it seems as if weather is permitting, but do they look ready? I could put some of my soil in solo cups and put the rockwool in there and keep em on the windowsill for a little longer. Any suggestions?

Might go below 10c one more time at night this year but for the most part its around 20c+. So it seems as if weather is permitting, but do they look ready? I could put some of my soil in solo cups and put the rockwool in there and keep em on the windowsill for a little longer. Any suggestions?

Aloha, It is better to create the best root system you can to get the seedlings off to a good start. A good rule of thumb is to transplant when the plant is double or triple the width of the pot (or cube) going from indoors to outdoors can be a shock to the plants and building a outdoor cold-frame has been used for many years with great success. http://www.sunset.co...00400000018537/
  • Like 1

Hey man :) I agree with oldmarine, you need to let the root system grow some more and strengthen up. What I do at this point is transplant to pre-soaked 3in or 4in rockwool blocks, just pop the plug in the hole whilst lookin out for the taproot (main root). I pre-soak in a solution of 0.4-0.8Ec (strain dependent). This will allow the root system to grow further. This is only my method, some people would say to transplant straight into large containers but every person on here will have their own way :) If the seedling stretches due to heat or whatever you can support with another rockwool plug around the bottom of the stem :)