AUTO KALASHNIKOVA (POWDER FEED ONLY) WITH HPS & L.E.D

Thanks everyone it's been a pleasure growing these plants I love the combo of led and HPS think I'm going to buy another led to go the other side of my tent Think the growth will be explosive Thanks again ppl for following my cup grow thanks and see u all soon on my next grow report

• Like 3

Man I love that last picture of that super sparkly nug broken off, big bud pics are cool and all but you really see the shiny insides with a picture like that :) and ya the bud + redbull picture's definitely right up there too :biggrin:

Not to take away from a really awesome grow at all, but about the minor dried tops.. VERY minor detail I would say as it seems to just affect the bud leaves not the calyxes. I've noticed myself with using the LED + HPS combo to be careful not to have you have your LED point of maximum light at the same point on your canopy as your HPS point of maxumum light or "hot spot" as this can focus a little too much intensity at one area and seems to dry it out a little towards the end of flowering as the leaves nutrients are flushed and start to dry out naturally. Not saying this necessarily happened to you, but I noticed it my last scrog grow on a few tops and thought that might help.

Definitely get another LED brother..like the others have said & I've agreed from the start that LED + HPS combo seems to bring out a little extra in the final product, and you don't need to buy a $1500 unit either when going secondary lighting. I'm looking forward to your next grow, best of luck and enjoy, that's a nice stash!!!!

Peace

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Chronic, I was just reading through your journal again cause I'm thinking of growing some Kalashnikova autos next grow. Just wanted to say again, really nice grow brother!! I bet they must be tasting really nice right about now ;) Thanks for the journal it will help me wit my grow :)

Peace

• Like 1

Hi Chronic, I was just reading through your journal again cause I'm thinking of growing some Kalashnikova autos next grow. Just wanted to say again, really nice grow brother!! I bet they must be tasting really nice right about now ;) Thanks for the journal it will help me wit my grow :)

Peace

Hi smoky I think kalashnikova auto is a nice plant to grow, the 10 I grew was more leaning towards white widow with a few phenotypes in there some big ass buds with a good covering of thc with the smaller buded plants very very white indeed , when smoking you will find differnt highs in there but expect no sleep if you smoke it before bed as these sexy girls will keep you awake all night lol

Hope your led grow light helps bring them buds nice and fat with no dry bits dotted about , keeping the light away from the buds with be on my mind thank u for that advice , I did have another plant a few grows ago that suffered the same so not to sure if the led being to close was the cause but ll keep it in mind , I will pop in on your grow to see then girls in action peace man

• Like 2

Thanks for the feedback it's appreciated ;) Ya I've gotta say I was really impressed with the amount of resin your plants had and there was definitely some cool variations in phenos in your garden. I like sticking to growing from seed for the reason that you can get such different characteristics in the same strain. So no heavier indica phenos eh? I'm hesitant to replace the Super Critical auto in the line up with it being such a heavy hitter but at the same time I would like to change things up.

Ya I can't say for sure about the LED and drier bud tips, but it happened a little to my scrog grow and I do know I realized awhile back that although the leds don't give off a lot of overall heat if you put your hand right under the diodes there is still a decent amount of heat in most models I think, and with my set up I know the cool tube reflector has a hot spot. I think if the led is directed too closely with too much intensity at the same spot as the HPS "hot spot" it can maybe cause issues, not really sure though.

Good luck with the contest and I will keep an eye out for your next grow :)

Peace

• Like 1

• 3 months later...