problems with canna profestional plus

nicc1976

since i started using canna soil i have had problems with nut bern on leafs and growth is really slow when i stop using any nuts the burns on the leaf stop but the growth and my plants are really dark green only 1 crop since i have had my new set up has been fine the hole way to the end that was blue berry cheese by big budda only a little bit slow in veg but got past that with a good flush and they were fine to the end i use canna potting soil and they are fine but as soon as i put them in bigger pots with new canna profestional and thats when problems start i use 5 litre tubs and i start with 10ml i can not build up any more because the burning starts i have tried using less but it start again my friends say just change soil but i got a few bags and i would rather find out the proberlem because over the years i have had my best grows using canna i use big bud and bud blood in flowering stages but the problems are when i change to canna profestional please help thanks peace to all

well i guess you didn't find the good doses for your medium yet ^^ If i remember correctly i think canna's soil is pretty "heavy" in nutes too so maybe you start to feed them a little too early as the advanced products are known to be a little strong too. do you start to feed when the plants are starting to yellow a little at the beginning or after 1 week of veg or something like this?

when i first used it i would fed them after a week in veg but on the grow im doing now i left it 9 days gave them 10 ml canna vega in 5 litres off water and still had problem i think when i start my next grow i might not put any nuts in and till flower stage i got some dutch pro earliy today because i flushed my grow and the last few days they have just ph 6 water till today i gave them some dutch pro muliti total and there veg 1 and my plants have come alive they look beutifull again do you fink i should change soil i see a video on here some were telling you how to mix up perfect mix its space for me thats why i got canna because i fort it would be best but i think i should mix my own any advice would be good thanks for getting back to me peace

on this grow i waited 9 days and put 10ml off canna veg in 5 litres off water ph 6 and leaves burn really bad and the colour is a dark green i have flushed the grow im doing now and i got some dutch pro multi total and added that and there veg and they look really good its like there alive again on my next grow im going to make my own soil mix because its to strong on nutes so i will mix it up and that should help with the nut problem i hope what do you fink thanks for getting back to me peace

well like i told you it is probably a little stronger than other soil if you have nute burns everytime, it doesn't mean it isn't a good soil ^^ if you do like you said next time and don't feed until flowering, maybe you will find your balance :)

• 7 months later...

Maybe a lil or alot late with comments but somethings better than nothing. I'm not too familiar with Canna's Plus version as here in Australia we were only able to get this medium product for a year or two a couple of years ago before it was put on the "dont allow in the country" list by bio security  ( apparently ). Looked @ some past notes & it was no surprise that more than often growers here experienced similar problems. The Plus version seemed to have alot higher E.C than plain jane Terra and often people that veged & flowered without potting on between growth stages ran into problems around week 2-3 of flower. Many of these guys n gals were also not using E.c pens which does not help the cause. Growers that potted on from say a 100mm to a 250 or 8 litre pot and then again just before flowering into say 15 litre totally avoided any type of nute lock-out or burn. Also Im wondering about the 10 ml per 5 litre is heaps light feeding and should not burn.... granted maybe a differing strengh product where u are but I've never had to use that little before. I'm a big supporter of the terra schedule & with the literature & guides that Canna provide it is almost fool proof. In regards to potting on though, granted it's a lil more work but the plant develops a more compact rootzone which explodes when potted on into a larger pot without leaving traces of older or unused nutrient in excessive media where the roots have not surged. Also growers who let the medium dry out instead of keeping it always moist used less nutes and got better results in regards to yeild n quality than those who tended to keep a heavy medium.  By the end of flowering there is basically no dirty or black medium left in the pot and 80 % roots fill the container which kinda makes the last 2 weeks of feeding impossible to burn the plant even @ 1.5 to 1.7 e.c which is actually higher than Canna suggest here in Aust. Growers that used the 20% runn-off each time they fed also did not have to flush every week but rather every 3rd 4th feed was just water + additives & just enough to moisten the whole pot but not run-off. Increasing the ph in the latter part of flowering slightly and continuously counteracts the decrease in lime from the ever diminishing medium. I always flush twice @ the end of flowering with this medium weather it's over a cpl of weeks( which rarely happens) or cpl of days... usually 3- 6 days and dry's right out leaving a pot of 80- 90 % root matter only... I'm sure this growing method is not really traditional soil cultivation but rather an intro into Hydroponic cultivation... Point to note though...  average or intermediate growers often achieved close to or same yields & better quality than newbies or average growers with Hydro cultivation did. And also when these growers moved onto dedicated hydro systems they were alot more successful than growers who started out in hydro. .... HEY BRIGHT IDEA....  my first grow journal for the site.... I'm off to the shop to stock up on some Canna Terra Products. Hope this helps someone.  

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 11 months later...