Hygrometer/thermometer

GElite

Ive always used a standard thermometer and hygrometer that sat in my grow room but my girl got this indoor outdoor weather station thing and it has a remote unit that u put outside and it registers the outside temp on the unit inside remotly. Well I took and put the outside transmitter in my grow room and I tell u what, it is so nice to just look up while I'm watching tv and keep an eye on my plants without having to actually look at my plants. I've always been in and out of my grow room many times dailey but now I can't get to it as easily as I have in the past. It's not in my house so I have to exit the house so I dont want to draw a lot of attention to where my room is so I stay out. I only go in to check that the lights came on in the morning and I usually turn them and water them if needed just before the lights go out. I'm constantly looking up and checking my temp and humidity. In the middle of the day my temp often runs close to 85 degrees so I'm hovering right there at the red line but I have a window unit ax blowing across the plants so there temps are surly lower. I need to get a new infrared thermometer to check leaf temps but I'm just gonna have to wing it for now. I definatly recommend getting one of these weather stations. It's been a friggen life savor.

nice so you mean a kind of wireless hygrometer right? i ahve indeed the thing for outside and inside temps but not in wireless and it must be nice if it's not in your house :)

Thanks for sharing your little tip man i never saw a wireless one i think wher did you buy it?

Yeah man I should have got one of these things years ago. I have real time temp and humidity data inside my grow room while I'm inside the house. It's just a wall mounted clock/hygrometer, and callendar with a remote outdoor hygrometer/thermometer that sends the data back to the wall mounted base. The damn thing automatically sets the time and even tells u what phase the moon is in. It's pretty awesome. It was a gift from her boss.

• 6 years later...