2 Pure Kush, soil, 250w.

Ahe

Hello again,

A little update:

- i flushed again and let the plant to dry for a few days;

- same grow conditions as mentioned 3 days ago;

Sadly the plant is still sick as a dog and now besides 90% of the fan leaves that have either yellowed or fallen off the rest of the leaves show signs of defficiency and or nute burn. My question is: are there any change it would make it to harvest (~3 weeks away) and if the resulting material will be smokable.

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

hi man thanks for the lil news, you can take away the dead leaves we see hanging on the pics, once it turns brown it's dead and don't serve anthing on the plant. What didy ou do now you feeded her gain a little? and do you notice the healthy leaves stay healthy or they keep yellowing?

Hello Dust and thanks for your comment! My answers below:

- regarding feeding: i just gave plain water + magnesium sulphate (foliar and in water), no other nutes added to dilute the nutes already in the soil; this was done after flushing the plant about 10 days ago;

- buds seem to be the same size (maybe a little thicker) compared to 10 days ago;

- regarding yellow/dead leaves: they still yellow but very slowly now and only a few of the leaves have yellowed/died in the last week or so; in the last 4-5 days only 2 or 3 leaves have started to yellow (starting from the tip); one thing i've noticed is that the stems of the leaves are still elastic (even after the leaves are dead, crisp) and the yellowing starts from the very top of the leaves and move towards the stem;

- in the last few days the deterioration of the leaves has slowed down a lot compared to how it was 10 days ago, but in the meantime i have lost almost all the fan leaves and now only the ones exiting from the buds are green (as it can be seen in the pictures);

Thanks for the help and feel free to ask for more info and i'll be more than happy to respond!

ok ok, you are not very very far from the end now i think, if it was me, i would feed her a little for 1 week or 2 maybe it depends how she lok in 1 week and then start to give her only plain water to get ready for harvest.

When you make a flush properly, like you did 10 days ago their should be no nutes left in the medium so you could have start to feed har again a few days after your flush and she would probably have looked a very little better. but well she is still alive and finishing her cycle it is the most important ;)

Good luck

yellow crisp looks like a ph /nut issue burns or heat stress damage on the pictures it's not really clear to see the problem. For your next grow use soilmix lite (with perlite or vermiculite or other additive for better drainage from your medium (soil) Now there is so mutch Bone powder or other ph buffering element in your medium that is hard to figure out what is the right Ph levels and you get all sorts off nut diffs ed. I bet she like a ph from around 7 Don't flush her your killing her roots with the watering; yellow leaves mostly indicate; no O2 for the root system she eats herself starting with her leaves. This is overwatring and or ph issue no doubt in my mind!!! This again is all due to the soilmix without additive to have airflow and drainage in control I would start over this is useless in this stage, I've been there and will go there again!!! Next best thing is to dry her pot and don't feed daily but have the pot dry after everywatering, first time drying she should recover and strart to become green again without leaves dying and or failing off.

Hello Undutched,

Thanks a lot for your opinion! I will do as you say and dry her up for 5 more days (that will mean 7 days from its last watering) and hope for the best. As you said, at this stage (6 weeks into flowering proper and 49 days since changing the light cycle to 12/12) there is little that can be done.

I am interested in your opinion (as you said you had the problems i have now) regarding: 1. if the plant is eating itself (pulling nutes from leaves) will this help in any way with bud production and maturation?; 2. in your bad crop was the resulting material smokable and if so did it had any major problems with taste/high?; also, did you had to chop the plant early when you had the same situation? 2. leaving it to eat itself (and thus prolonging the flowering) will help with the end result (buds) quality and quantity or should i just chop it now (aka there's no hope left and the buds will not grow/mature anyways)?

Thanks in advance!

That is very impressive with just feeding her mag sulfate...

I did magnesium sulphate in the last 2 watering sessions assuming that the soil still contained some nutes (the plant was over fed nutes earlier in the flowering stage). I know i fucked up big time with this grow but at least i learned a lot from it and at least the mistakes I've done will not be repeated next grow (i will do others though).

Lessons learned:

- get the proper soil;

- ensure good drainage;

- make sure the soil mix has perlite in it;

- ensure good ph;

- veg for longer 4-5 weeks;

- add nutes from the 3rd week of veg onwards and only 1/4 strength;

- mix half a feed with veg nutes + half feed of bloom nutes in the first 2 weeks after switching to 12/12 to ensure enough N is available late in flower (but making sure it doesn't get too much N to prevent N build up);

- suplement magnesium sulphate (and some calcium) after switching to 12/12 cycle;

- have a fan blowing on the plants after sprouting into veg and flower;

- fim/top the plant in the 3rd week of veg and let it 2 more weeks to recover and start lateral branching before going into 12/12 cycle;

- trim/prune the lower leaves before going into 12/12 cycle to avoid popcorn buds;

I also have a question: i have some clay balls (i don't know what the name in English is) and i was wondering if i should add those to the mix in the lower part of the pot (hoping it will provide oxygen to the roots and also help with drainage).

Any feedback is appreciated!

I did magnesium sulphate in the last 2 watering sessions assuming that the soil still contained some nutes (the plant was over fed nutes earlier in the flowering stage). I know i fucked up big time with this grow but at least i learned a lot from it and at least the mistakes I've done will not be repeated next grow (i will do others though).

Lessons learned:

- get the proper soil;

- ensure good drainage;

- make sure the soil mix has perlite in it;

- ensure good ph;

- veg for longer 4-5 weeks;

- add nutes from the 3rd week of veg onwards and only 1/4 strength;

- mix half a feed with veg nutes + half feed of bloom nutes in the first 2 weeks after switching to 12/12 to ensure enough N is available late in flower (but making sure it doesn't get too much N to prevent N build up);

- suplement magnesium sulphate (and some calcium) after switching to 12/12 cycle;

- have a fan blowing on the plants after sprouting into veg and flower;

- fim/top the plant in the 3rd week of veg and let it 2 more weeks to recover and start lateral branching before going into 12/12 cycle;

- trim/prune the lower leaves before going into 12/12 cycle to avoid popcorn buds;

I also have a question: i have some clay balls (i don't know what the name in English is) and i was wondering if i should add those to the mix in the lower part of the pot (hoping it will provide oxygen to the roots and also help with drainage).

Any feedback is appreciated!

I think in your case it's best to start over, chop your plant dry her smoke her she will be ok if you have your cristals dried right maybe little curing does wonders. Put in some new seeds and have a fresh run, regarding the facts as you mentioned in witch to me ur Ph levels on soilmix will make a major difference!(soil-mix; with perlite or other additive like vermiculite and some new stuff I can't think off right now) 50 % soil 50 % additive for drainage would be great when you mix it yourself search the internet most organic growers do there own amazing mixes. try AMS Cheese lemon skunk or Big Bang and you'll be good. short vedg no top-cuts means more plants with your light and hight. Long vedg means less plants but bigger plants with your light. Considering you use a vedg tent for flowering you can best do short vedg like 14 to 17 days and switch directly into flowering with more plants no fim top -cut or anything. Short plants big buds dutch style! The clayballs you can put on the buttom no mixing this with your soil, put a newspaper on top 1 layer and put soilmix on top!

The biggest problem with your current grow is you don't have a root system every watering she is drowned because off that I can tell from the structure from your plant. Some dude mentioned it with the a symetric growth Kush starts to do that tailing when in flowering but in vedg first 7 notes branches and shoots start off about the same hight next to each other. When a plant doesn't grow under the ground it grows bad above with all sorts of deformations this probably is one. Believe me get your soil and ph righ and PPM /EC and you'll be good. PPM is not a must when you use Powder Feeding from GHSC.

Hey bro it all a learning expierence. I've noticed over the years that less is more as far as growing bud goes. I remember my first few grows tasted so nasty and it's cause it did everything the guy at the grow shop told me to do. I would just buy whatever he sold me and man that guy loved when I would call or email. He knew I was gonna buy whatever he told me to. It was made to seem so complicated and that I had to have all this crap to grow good weed. I put so much shit on or in my plants they tasted like chemicals and I regularly flushed. The flushing didn't help much. It was fine after it cured but it took 2 months in a jar before it was remotely smokable. Over time the newness and the excitement of trying to grow wore off I got lazy and didn't do all the extra sprays and additives and all that crap and as a result I stopped burning my plants and creating issues that I then need to resolve with another chemical. The less I did, the better my plants got. Now, I can cut a bud, dry it under a light and go from plant to pipe in under 2 hours and the bud tastes great. Very little green taste and a nice buzz. Of course properly curing it is always the way to go but I could have never cut and quick dried a bud and it taste remotely like good bud in the early days. The bud wasn't as good when I was throwing money and time at my plants. Now I kinda just let them do their own thing and leave them alone and my bud is so vastly superior to what it was then. Growing bud isn't rocket science. People just want everyone to think their some weed god/super genius grower because they grew some nice buds. Shit, for me the work begins at harvest time. Sometimes I'll go 2 or 3 days without even looking at my girls. My first few grows I would spend hours just staining at them. I was so amazed that I was actually growing bud and hydro at that. I would just stair in amazement cause it's always portraid as if growing good bud was like going to the moon. My point to this book I just typed is just keep it simple stupid. Less really is more. Just do what makes since and let them do what they have been doing for 1.5 million years all by there self. Don't love them to death. We've all done it. It's part of the learning process.

Thanks a lot for your posts Undutched and GElite!

I am ready to start a new grow (i'd go with 1 Pure Kush, 1 Doctor and 2 Jack Herer and do as you Undutched, 14-17 days of veg then go to flowering. I'll follow your advice as it seems very natural.

One last question: is there any point in waiting at least one more week, hoping for heavier, more mature, richer in THC, better looking buds (very few of the hairs have changed color - maybe <5%) or the next week or so will bring no improvement in the buds?

Thanks in advance guys!

Thanks a lot for your posts Undutched and GElite!

I am ready to start a new grow (i'd go with 1 Pure Kush, 1 Doctor and 2 Jack Herer and do as you Undutched, 14-17 days of veg then go to flowering. I'll follow your advice as it seems very natural.

One last question: is there any point in waiting at least one more week, hoping for heavier, more mature, richer in THC, better looking buds (very few of the hairs have changed color - maybe <5%) or the next week or so will bring no improvement in the buds?

Thanks in advance guys!

Your current grow is wasted brother she doesn't drink do yourself a favor and cut her cure her good and youll be high in about 2 months from now with her! Course you can let her dry now for a week that helps no doubt! Start your seedlings!!! And post some pictures about how they will be doing.