autoflowering light questions.

shamanstrain

Light leaks for autoflowers can have the same effect as they have on normal females. If it is a big enough leak it can cause the plant to hermy.

For autoflowers because they do not rely on a photoperiod to start flowering you can keep them on a 24 hour light cycle, or an 18/6. Each autoflower though is going to be different. Use what the breeder recommends for the strain you are growing. I am currently growing an autoflower and the breeder suggests a 12/12 for the flowering period. Many growers will recommend not even bothering with a light cycle change for an autoflower. keeping a 18/6 or even a 24/0 light cycle will result in a quicker turn around for the plant. Keep in mind many autoflowers are set up to be short, squat, and quick bloomers.

• Like 1

The bottom branches have taken off this afternoon. I have seen pistols on the plant for a while but the buds seemed to just start forming. I notice a major difference every day/Hour sometimes. Strain is Auto Purple & Auto Himalayan Blue.2013-06-28-143724.jpg Guess which one.2013-06-23-202426.jpgWhat lighting styles should I change?

I dd not know what to do and went and put my plants under strait 600w hps for 18 hours a day. The plants look stressed, more then half the leaves are curling down. I Wanted pertect plants but now i think its time to pull the plug...yeah im picky, maybe the lab geeks can help me better on another project.

Why would you pull the plug? Keep them, they are doing fine. So you have them under 3 different types of light at the same time? What's your light schedule now? For light schedules you can keep them under anything from a 11/13- 24/0 and anything in between. Remember, autoflowers will flower by age of plant regardless of the light schedule. So you don't have to keep it at 12/12 for flower. Experiment, try an 18/6 or 19/5 in flowering. Also, if you haven't I would change to flowering bulbs right now (HPS/Red Spectrum/2700k-3000k) because they are in the flowering stage since you have seen pistols.

Also, light leaks are bad if the light is strong enough and left on the plants for over 15 minutes at a time in flowering. This can cause hermaphrodites in a plant. Try scheduling your lights around the natural light hours in your time zone and have the lights on during day and off during night. Or lightproof the environment.

cheers

NOt at the same time, they were in FL until I got up from sleep then I moved them into the sun until it got darker then I moved them to 600w hps. Before I went to bed I moved them back to FL. I moved them around. When they started flowering I didn't know what to do as I have no experience with autoflowers. I just used 600w hps because I got tired of moving them around and no one told me any different. They got major stressed. I quess I should have known it would shock them. I have smoked everything but i dont think i have smoked a plant that grew perfect its whole life. This was my mission that failed. i think i should have just kept them going on what i was doing with them before i gave them strait 600w hps....maybe on an18 houe a day cycle. i will maybe try again one day. smoking a plant that grew perfect its whole life would be perfect. i dont want to smoke anything untill this happens. They did start reaching for the light again and the only height they are growing is bud height.f905c22c-6e9c-4bd8-b6c5-af33b9760988.jpg I think instead of trashing them I will plant them somewhere outside for my neighbours to pick at :bye: I picked these because I thought they would be easy to grow.

hi man! i don't think you need to pull the plug ^^ Those babies are looking pretty good, maybe not perfect perfect but really i don't see major deficiency or big problems so they should do just fine :) As for the light cycle it is more a personal choice than a real growing rules, some peoplee like to keep everything under 12/12, some people like the 24h some 20.. and i don't think we can say one is better than another it all depends what you want to achieve.

Try to put some pictures of the whole plant so we can see in general how she looks but it seems fine :)

Good luck man

I have had regular strains that have looked better. These were on the feeding cycle I feed my regulars. Im just pretty picky because from knowing shit I can tell the difference between everything. The same strain of weed even tastes different when grown by different people. Some said my stuff was the best they ever tried and I still didn't have it perfect. I got pretty bored of smoking and growing my stuff I think I became too fussy. I mean real fussy. I can tell the difference between 99.8% pure MDMA to 99.9% pure MDMA, why shouldn't it be the same with plants. Most stuff you get is garbage.

It's extremely hard to grow a plant perfect throughout the whole life cycle if you don't have enough experience and equipment. I don't think the wise move is to get rid of them because your so fussy. I would keep them under the hps and let them grow. Oh, and stop being do damn fussy

I have another light question and another one after. I bent this bud back 90 degrees to help show it's color. I also moved them back to CF since I don't care about them so much anymore. I want the buds more pink and not purple. I know genetics and cooler temperatures at night will add more purple. Does light spectrum also add to the color? If I wanted to keep it less purple and more pink, what would I do? Use more Blue spectrum? Even If the buds are small I just want to keep it pink.d4b56373-43af-4865-a7b9-0b596c77973b.jpgThis also started to smell good today, like old school purple chewing gum scent. It reminds me of the purple gum I used to chew as a kid, an okay reason to leave it inside. Doing a search on trying to find what gum it is....thrills003-2T.jpg?1335598696 It smells identical except the bud has a more purple tingle smell that would bring out more of the purple in the gum. It is rare to get the phenotypes that smell exactly like gum, I must have got lucky. The smell is coming out more sweet and masking the would be marijuana smell. I quess I'll just keep it around for the smell. Another question though before I get started. What would happen to the plant if I put in back on it's 24 hour cycle? I'm quessing nothing so im just going to leave it. We need a robot that answers weed questions.