Florida, outdoor, late june, FLOWERING!!! Why?

GElite

Ok so heres the deal, I live in north florida, Im growing a strain I bread myself some years ago, mostly sativa but this is my first time growing it outside. I only have the one plant outside so no otheres to compare. This plant is flowering in late June and im in north florida. This is unheard of here. Were talking september, october, maybe november to begin flowering here, not june/july....... The history of this plant: I started this plant from seed along with 21 other surviving plants. I planted 3 of the 22 outside. one died, one never grew after the move outside. It stayed alive but never grew. I dug it up, put it back inside until it started to grow again. I then moved it back outside a week ago. Its doing great but its history is not quite the same as the one that is flowering. The one in the pics thats flowering was inside under 23 hours of light for a month. I then moved it outside about 5 weeks ago. It didnt grow for about 2 weeks, then it started to BLOW THE FUCK UP!!! When it was inside and for about 3 weeks I just used a popular everyday fertalizer. About 2 weeks ago I ordered Advance's Jungle juice line of nuts. I have been feeding it the Veg mix of that for about 2 weeks. When I started using the jungle juice it blew up some more. It started to flower about 5 days ago or at least thats when I noticed the first pistals. I then went to the flowering mix and it then shot pistals out of just about every node and internode. NO DOUBT she is flowering all over. Despite not knowing the sex of the plant I took clones 3 days before I noticed the pistals because A. its the only veging plant with latterals I have left, and B. Statistically it has to be female. Out of 22 surviving plants only 6 were female when i induced floereing. 14 plants ended up male and I had 2 still vegging, the 2 outside. Statisticly it had to be female so I took clones and I was going to sacrifice one to sex the plant. Now, to my suprise I know. Now what do you guys think may be causing this plant to flower now. Its 90 degrees outside and the sun goes down about 8:15pm and comes up about 6:65. Thats close to 15 hours of sun. Clearly it should not be flowering. This is going to be one HUGE bitch! I tried to get a get picture of the preflowers but my phone just wont focus that close. Ill try again tomorrow...........

post-27486-0-33366700-1372533722.jpg

post-27486-0-86562100-1372533774.jpg

post-27486-0-77838900-1372533852.jpg

post-27486-0-79556300-1372533906.jpg

post-27486-0-71717700-1372533960.jpg

post-27486-0-40031000-1372534012.jpg

post-27486-0-83607400-1372534059.jpg

post-27486-0-67249000-1372534099.jpg

post-27486-0-94854500-1372534156.jpg

post-27486-0-91251300-1372534223.jpg

post-27486-0-74829100-1372534277.jpg

post-27486-0-31246300-1372534327.jpg

This thing is sucking up some serious fertilizer too. Its taking all i can throw at it and so far no burnt tips or leaf curl outside the norm. Im quite proud of her and the fack shes gonna harvest in about 10 weeks or less means ill crop out on that plant far sooner than most local growers. I expect her to be a 3-5 pounder or at least I hope...........She may not be big enough now to get that large but either way shes an early bloomer for sure.............

These are no Flowers mate :)

These are the Preflowers they come out as soon the Plant reaches mature stadium ;)

Flowering will start as soon the Sunhours get below like 14 hours depending on strain with ur Sativa may later.

The other options are: u got ruderalis genetics in ur Strain how ever they got in but thats very uncommon if u didnt have it around

• Like 1

I know its still hard to see but I assure you, its flowering but I wont fault you if you cant see it, I know its hard. The white background didnt work so good since the pistols are white but its better than a broke up background. Ill try black paper tomorrow and tomorrow they will be larger and more of them. The picks I posted start out about 2 weeks ago and are in cronological order. The first one is the oldest, the last one is the newest.

I thought about the ruderalis too but I bread these in a closet and plus, ruderalis goes from start to finish in 10 weeks regardless of photoperiod. Ive had this plant more than 2 months already......I have 6 others with the same genetics 4 weeks into flowering indoors so clearly these plants are easily manipulated by photo period length. Unless the rare cross pollination accurd because of some smoke I brought in the house but it would have had to be a hermi cause I dont smoke males and I dont remember getting any ditch weed around that time but who knows. I just dont see ruderalis here. I can see some indica in this plant wouldnt you agree?

When I stated that the pics were two weeks in order I meant the first group in the original post. All the up close pics as well as any posted after the original post have been taken today or yesterday...... Just wanted to clear that up. It reads a little weird.

Those r most likelypreflowers really, but i fucked up same way once, becouse i left my church clones in my window in late may, and they started flowering, that i first belived to b preflowers, but shame later turned out they were actually flowering! They r quick plants, usually start flowering in last week of july. ( almost 15 h sun) Also i must add, that in case your plant is shaded in the early and maybe even in the late hours of the day, they probably get much less direct light than 15 hours. Also becouse you gave them insanely long light period during veg inside, dropping into that new enviroment with probably only 13 H sun, they start flowering!!! And i tell u many strains will start flowering even with 14 h light!!! Also u said u gave flowering nutes, that may also push her to flowering. Afterall i still hope they r just preflowers! Fingers crossed, otherwise u r loosing several weeks, maybe over a month!

It's definitely flowering guys. Look at my gallery guys. I'm more than qualified to determine the sex of a plant. I also had a local seasoned outdoor grower come and look at it. He agreed its flowering and agrees its way early. The harvest here is around november. As far as the nuts go, I didn't switch to flowering nuts till after I saw pistols everywhere. I think we can all agree that if there are pistols are popping up everywhere than they are no doubt flowering. I will get some better shots today. Perhaps I'll try a different camera. Yes it is shaded part of the day but it does get a lot of direct light as I'm sure u can tell by the size of it. I'm ok with it flowering now. If it is flowering naturally than its not going to stop. It's been right where its at for 5 weeks. That's plenty of time to adjust to the photoperiod. Perhaps the massive doses of light when it was inside for over a month does indeed have something to do with it. Either way it's going to be a monster.

One more thing, I don't know how to determine the when sunrise and set is without looking it up but about 8:15 last night it was pretty dark. Dusk was within 10 minutes of that for sure. Same thing this morning. About 6:25am I could see the first rays of light so within 10 minutes of that was for sure sun rise.

So if its really flowering like u say u just got here out to early when the sunhours were to low.

But even if this happened it should not be that a Problem either its gonne just will flower now, or it will go back in Vegetative Stage as soon the sunhours get above 16h.

Yeah we're past summer solstice (June 21). The days are getting shorter so 16 hours won't happen. I'm hoping she just flowers out now. I think she will. I'm interested in seeing how it flowers during the hottest days of Florida summer. Thanks for the reply

Hi Bro!

sweet meadow, do not plan to bend the plant, even evolve side branches. 2603b94933b9bcf47690e1d83a4f813a.gif

Christmas trees will grow brother 3b3950141634531016bd62973e76690e.gif

Here's my out look, with a couple of plants has turned out shrub with many flowers of the future

post-7392-0-08545800-1368702179.jpg

post-7392-0-00664200-1368789099.jpg

post-7392-0-43767300-1369300423.jpg

post-7392-0-35697600-1369738164.jpg

post-7392-0-81833800-1370604440.jpg

post-7392-0-57327900-1370604771.jpg

post-7392-0-70580600-1372150177.jpg

Good luck to you growing brother! peace!

• Like 2

I'm a bit north of you but I've seen it happen. Seems to occur with Indicas although some northern Mexican Sativas will start flowering when daylight goes under about 14-15 hours.

G-13 is a strain known for early flowering outdoors hereabouts. 15 hours of light is about right to kick it into flowering. Any of it in the family tree?

Heck,I'd work on breeding with it. Florida needs a strain that will come in before hurricane season cranks up full bore in September.

I know right! I have 5 clones from it. It's about a 70/30 sativa/indica hybride. I've grown it before, I bread it but never outside. I'm gonna see how it grows out. If she does well I bill for sure save the genetics. Thanks for the comments brother.

We all seem to agree that if u spotted flowers a few days ago, she might started flowering exactly around the peak of daylength, around 20th. This means she will finish right there for sure. Actually i advice you to check the plants at sunrise and sunset, to see when they actally get the first light, and when she gets covered, that could help to see how long days made her flower for real. I agree that some strains start it at even 15 h light, and u r south enough not to have very long days anyway... but 1 thing hit the nail in my head... wasn't it just the sudden change from 23/1 to 15/9... Do u always use 23/1? Maybe if u use 18/6 inside, and plant them out that way, they just keep on vegging for 2-3 more weeks... Nice plants anyway, keep up the work!

peace

• Like 1

Thank you very much, that means a lot, for real. Itll end up the biggest plant I've ever grown. Even when I do an out door grow I veg inside. I typically do use an 18/6 light cycle but I three timers go down at the same time so I just just cut the light off everyday on lunch break. I'll soon get another. Money is just tight right now. In fack I have some PayPal money. I may just order me a new one today while I'm thinking about it.

Thank y'all very much. I have noticed that outdoor growing seems to be more forgiving than indoor. This plants been true bell and it just looks so lush and beautiful. Of course I do have a biased opinion. I guess every man thinks his girl is the prettiest, me being no different.