What is the best way to keep a grow tent cool ?

will blitz

I have my intakes at the bottom and te exhuast up high weher the hear rises. You should also get a fan and have it constantly blowing across your lights!

Seems like you need more exhaust!

yeah i was thinking that , or it may need a more powerful fan in the exhaust maybe i have an intake fan but again i dont think its powerful enough, im going to try blowing a fan across the lamp as well thanks for the info i was wondering about that but thought it might smash the bulb .

Thanks Bud :)

• Like 1

For sure brother.

I have 120mm PC fans in all of my ports on the tent to help with the air flow! 2 in the bottom pulling air in. 3 at the top pulling air out.

I'm running a 600w air cooled, but the inline fan is too loud, so I rigged a normal little fan to blow over the light and exhaust on the outside of the then thru the carbon filter.

It works well! Temps when then lights go off is usually between 82-86.

Also get some C02 in any form. It'll help your plants tolerate the heat they say.

Cheap and easy co2 I use is called exhale co2. Just bing it.

Bless

• 2 months later...

the tent will only be as cold as the air you are bringing into it, using the aircon with intake and extraction fans will not help as you keep changing the air in the room with the new air brought in with the intake. You could try running the light on in the night as temps will be cooler, or turn off intake extractions fan and run just aircon if you can add CO2 to the room as that would give you total control of the temps, but this way need CO2 enrichment to replace the CO2 used by the plant

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

well first you need to stabilize the temp of the room where your tent is. If it is also 30° in that room you will never get it lower in the tent ^^ so for this the simpliest solution is that the air you extract from your tent should go directly outside, is it the case in your setup?

Once the room temp is stabilized, if the temps still don't go lower, you can make some closed circuit of air circulation just for the lamp with a cooltube and a not so big fan. And then on the side of this you will hae your extractor and intractor for the plants, this way usually you can manage some good temps if the conditions are not too hard outside.

Climatizer of course is the other solution, but like i said earlier if the air of your tent goes right back into the room then it will be pretty much useless too :)

Good luck man

• 6 years later...