Gardening so far...

Redd_Beardd

So I began my journey back to indoor gardening at the beginning of Nov 2012. I had some Texada Timewarp reg seeds (BC Seed King) that I originally had planned on growing outside, but that didn't happen. So come the Fall, I decided I wanted to get more serious about my hobby (ok..passion really...) so I bought a 400W Dual MH / HPS grow light and off I go. I started approximately 8 seeds in eggshells filled with worm compost from my worm bin. NOTE: I learned the hard way that you need to punch a hole in the bottom of the eggshell otherwise you'll drown your seedlings...if they germinate at all. Of those 8 only 4 germinated...I told you I learned the hard way! Eventually, I bought a seed starting tray and kit from a local horticulture shop and was able to bring it up to 8 plants for my first garden.

I was very zealous about being 100% organic and bought a bag of bat guano, alaska fish fertilizer, organic black strap molasses, and diatomaceous earth. I started and still maintain a log book of my watering schedule, feedings, temperatures, and general notes.

This first garden was a real eye opener. It put me in my place for sure. I over watered -AND- over fed all my plants. I was misreading my moisture / light / pH meter and ended up lowering the pH more than I intended. When I moved the 4 females that I hadn't managed to murder to the flowering tent, I ended up under feeding them and harvested about 4 weeks too early.

...and even with all of those fuck ups and even with a very small yield, 3 out of the 4 proved to be really fucking good!!

I have since ended up keeping only 2 of the original 4 as mother plants. I will very likely remove one since one mother is thriving and the other is surviving.

Since that first garden, I added three strains; Chocolope (genetics unknown), Kali Mist (by BC Seed King), and Purps (BC Seed King). Each strain most definitely has it's own characteristics and I sad that I wasn't able to keep my chocolope clones from being beaten by the heat.

In my next crop, I will have Purps, South African Kwazulu (World of Seeds), and Afghan Kush (also by World of Seeds). I'm very interested in landrace varieties (yes, I plan on breeding) and medicinal uses.

Anyway, I'll follow up with grow journals and strain reviews...

• Like 1