Budget CFL grow gogogo!!!

Thank you Green o matic!

yes I am pretty sure she is still suffering from deficiencies... I neglected her for quit some time say 4 weeks and she almost died she is on the rebound now.... I'll do a flush asap and make sure to hit her with as much magnesium as possible.

ps the leaves were browning and yellowing when it had no food what so ever... from what I can see its on its way back tords decent health just slowly..... the plant is almost back to 100% green... it was half dead at one point....

am thinking about supplementing magnesium through epsom salts... anyone done this before?

i haven't used epsom salts in hydro, just soil for my moms previously and it worked fine. i'm always a little nervous if epsom salts have any "filler" elements or ingredients that aren't meant for the garden which is why I stay specifically with a garden product such as GH CaliMagic with low nitrogen or Botinicare CALMAG with a little bit of higher nitrogen levels or if you want straight magnesium than Botincare's FULVEX.

I'm not downplaying epsom salts but maybe someone can confirm they don't put any type of "filler" ingredients for peoples bubble baths :)

Thanks for the info shawn!

I was wondering about the epsom salts because it popped up when searching magnesium options... I prollly will try and purchase a growing supplement if I can not figure out a cheap alternative... kinda like I prefer lemon juice to adjust the ph as opposed to a 20 dollar ph up and down kit..... I was at the store asking about the kit and the real cool worker said u dont need that u can do the same thing with lemon juice... lol awsome help most the time ppl say u need this kit u cant do it with out it haha... if anyone has any cheap organic idea's to get magnesium in my soup would be aprreciated!

baby blue is just exploading I figured she had 1 more day of room between her and the lamp but this afternoon I took a look into the case and the plant had grown into the lamps and burnt a few little leaves ontop. she has literaly grown more in the last 5 days than she did the whole time in veg it seems like.

post-12705-0-02878000-1381280037.jpg

post-12705-0-27083800-1381280334.jpg

• Like 1

It is a hard trim , but like it. I also clear my branches by getting rid of popcorn buds. And it does help in main cola size. Not crazy growth but noticible, I would say.

Anyway, she is looking good brother and I am waiting patiently for the end product to see how she comes out.

• Like 1

baby blue is ripping through the water had to back fill her today and adjust the ph again back to the zone.

I can hardly believe how fast she is stacking up around the bud sites!!

I updated the syran wrap with a small twig and some plumbers tape to hold it more straight it was bending something fierce and did not look like it would heal so well in that position.

super excited about how many possible main cola's its looking like 10+ time will tell but she sure looks great looking down from the top... so many bud sites!!

post-12705-0-34578100-1381878567.jpg

post-12705-0-37356000-1381878598.jpg

post-12705-0-70557900-1381878621.jpg

post-12705-0-90705100-1381878834.jpg

Opened up the grow box sheet today to find a dismal if that looking plant.... been so down i did not bother to take pics.

The regimen is gonna be back to the flush you guys were suggesting and supplement clean ph'ed water with epsoms salts for magnesium. the epsoms salts I got are 100% magnesium slufate U.S.P. so I figure that would b a good thing to feed to her to see if the browning leaves wont clear up. I neglected to spend the 2 bucks on my last flush and the problem just seems worse. I got the supplys and will wait till lights on tomrrow morning to decide for sure.

Ok I can not sleep..... you guys think she is mag defficient.... I am starting to agree.... I picked up fresh lemon juice to keep the PH spot on and that is making a huge differance.... the other juice I had was old and I left it out a few times and it was not really adjusting the ph when I would add it.... not to mention I was useing 5x more than I needed of the fresh stuff... I accidently got the PH down to 4.0 range with 2 table spoons of the fresh juice in a 5 gallon bucket it was not full so maybe 4.5 gallons but still wow! the fresh juice makes a big difference I dumped that bucket and started again and used less than 1 table spoon for 4.5 gallons and got it rite on at 6.0-6.50 can only read so close with the vile and drop system... anyways from there I mixed in 2 whopping tablespoons of epsoms salts and plopped her back into her fresh new home. I sure hope the brown crinclely leafs clear up soon or I think it will damage the harvest. Thank you all for your input so far! cant wait to see how things work out!

been a few min's over 12 hours of just salt everything seems fine she is raising her leafs to the lamp..... gonna give it till this evening I think before I mix in the nutes again.

this little leaf damage I was hoping would go away if I cleared her up a bit for air flow but seems to be stubborn.... i see a small bit of brown in my upper leaves I assume this is just the mag def gone worse... since I have been neglegent...

post-12705-0-35334700-1382038475.jpg

post-12705-0-99234900-1382038494.jpg

i hope you will get her back man she is at an important stage for the future of the flowering :) Give us some pics to see how she evolves and if you see improvment

Good luck

I left her for 24 hours in just ph'ed water with 2 table spoons of magnesium(epsom salt) and she seemed not to even notice. I do see improvement in the over all bud size and general health! she does not even look like I pruned her now.... she is so think u cant see through again....

I do not see the yucky leaf issues gettiing worse..... only time will tell for sure.

Thank you all so far for your input and opinions.

post-12705-0-87152900-1382217999.jpg

post-12705-0-47552000-1382218046.jpg

• Like 1

been a few min's over 12 hours of just salt everything seems fine she is raising her leafs to the lamp..... gonna give it till this evening I think before I mix in the nutes again.

this little leaf damage I was hoping would go away if I cleared her up a bit for air flow but seems to be stubborn.... i see a small bit of brown in my upper leaves I assume this is just the mag def gone worse... since I have been neglegent...

don't worry about the old foliage since the previous damage will never clear or green up.... pay attention to the new growth and see if your remedy has helped get her back to normal. if you can, prune the leaves that have the spotting and issues then in a couple days you'll be able to tell if things are on the up and up again bro.

by looking at your last post, things look good and she seems to be responding well.

all the best :)

Done and done Shawn.

Went through and cut off any leafs that were either burnt or messed up from the nuterient deficiency I am dealing with. Defiantly made air flow better.

Will watch closely now and see if any new leafs come down with the sickness =P

I personally am blown away by how tight this plant stacks under CFLs... I have a feeling these will be dense =P long as I keep her in good health that is!

Budget CFL sea of green gogo~!~!

post-12705-0-98495700-1382221095.jpg

post-12705-0-35706900-1382221147.jpg

post-12705-0-25479200-1382221172.jpg

I think its safe to say this girl is through the stretch period.

Now it is packing on weight it will need to be tied up instead of down sooner than later.

Already starting to see what appears to be the start of tricombs on the sugar leafs and she is starting to smell more flower like!

She smells like a cross of mint and skunk almost.

I can hardly even believe how well this plant is looking and doing just under a few cfl's

post-12705-0-37091900-1382304765.jpg

I would not believe this unless I seen it with my own eyes and even then this baby blue cheese seems to blow me away even after all the miss treating and complete negligence this plant is just thriving!!!

no shit these pictures are 9 days apart and they don't even look like the same plant..... let alone the bush I chopped half way down just 9 days ago..... and I also chopped off every damaged leaf just a day a ago as to shawns suggestion to see if I really had stopped the lock out or nutrient deficiency issue I am experiencing. if any new leafs show up with the same signs I will know I did not solve the problem ^_^.

Growing with hydro can be such a thrill depending on if you like extreme problems that need extreme solutions real fast and then u see extreme results hehe.... I can hardly wait to do apply some root prooning theory to some aeroponic plants in the near future!

post-12705-0-15028600-1382339341.jpg

post-12705-0-76782800-1382339361.jpg