Budget CFL grow gogogo!!!

looking nice man growing slowly but srely making her net :D did you start feeding her? the leaves start to look a little lighter and stems change colors a little so i think she start to be a little hungry ;) or you have ph problem lol, but probably hungry :)

Have a good grow man!

Make hole on the side of the pot and tie that lady down.

And I have to say as well that, that cfl housing is looking real good brother. I might just copy that 1 day for another diy indoor micro setup/veg/cutting cab.

Much respect for coming this far

Love and Light

Same think I was thinking with tying it over haha!

And hell yeah about that CFL housing right :D

Bless

Thx you all for you input so far!

yesterday I took the time to mix up and ph a nutrient juice solution for the baby blue and due to my lack of nutes I only made it to about 230ppms 2parts green to 1 part red general hydro nutes... water comes outa the tap at 60 ppms atleast 48 hours after its been settling and airing to let the chlorine out do I get a 60 reading before it airs out it is atleast 77ppm... kinda wild....

anyways the baby is exploading... can hardly wait to clone her... I am hoping the 27000k bulbs on the sides will streth out the bottom two brances a bit so I can clone them asap.

post-12705-0-53123300-1375396465.jpg

post-12705-0-96398600-1375396470.jpg

post-12705-0-50622400-1375396488.jpg

post-12705-0-50039700-1375396935.jpg

Day 11....

not looking so great when I popped in there.... think I mite have had the ph just a wee bit too high... figured 6.0 would be fine.... dont look like it though hehe... I am no good with dirt..... hoping to clone to hydro soon if and when... she bounces back... thinking about just flushing with tap water today maybe depending on what you guys think lol...... my tap water is like a 7ph.... I added lemon to the last watering to lower it just a bit along with 2/1 table spoons of these nutes 2green 1 red.

post-12705-0-06280900-1375492062.jpg

post-12705-0-14038900-1375492077.jpg

post-12705-0-56778800-1375492114.jpg

post-12705-0-78344400-1375492137.jpg

post-12705-0-39880700-1375492172.jpg

Hmm,, wish I could say what was wrong exactly but I can't..

More than likely a combination of things going on right now.

I can say looks like you're doing too much ATM, as far as feeding the plant.

& If the soil doesn't dry out enough between waterings then your drowing the plant, and the roots aren't searching for medium.

Is there proper draining from that container when you water?

no it drains terrible...... I am terrible with dirt... tried to mix in large ammounts of perilite but that just made it drain less.... thinkin hard about setting up the bubble cloner tonight and just seperating the small bottom two branches.... maybe they will have better luck in mineral water hehehe....

Yeahh ok then if it's draining terrible that's gonna cause all those problems.

Your best bet seems like it would be to transplant it asap to some better soil, let it bounce back then clone it.

Mineral water or anything you add to the water won't make a difference if the roots can't make use of it.

IG for president. LoL

By looking at your soil I can see that not enough perlite has been added.

If possible, go get yourself some coco coir ( fine grade ) and make a quick. Water will drain very well. If money is an issue, then take her out, chuck current soil and make a mix of 50 / 50 soil and perlite.

After mixing your soil take a handfull and sqeeze it hard. If it it stays in that position, poke it with your finger. If is breaks apart your soil mix is primo and your lady will love you.

I would do this asap, cause if she gets root rot your not gonna be happy

Love and Light

• Like 1

yeah i think like IG the lack of drainage will cause you troubles for sure, and a little transplant wouldn't hurt :)

For your PH at 6 if you are in soil she should take it easily, when i used soil at this stage i was around 6 - 6,2 and the girls take it easily so it's probably not the ph.

good luck with the lady hope she'll like the transplant ;)

• Like 1

Day 12!

Thx much for all your input.... I lanced her yesterday with a chopstick a bit more(holes down into the dirt......) to try and open up some air holes... planning on transplanting her in the morning.... more than likely into some plain old dirt from my garden(with perilite hopefully the correct mixture this time).... mite attempt to bake it.... time will tell... I hear baking soil to sterilize actually makes a big smell.... wonder if I could pressure cook it =P....

hearing IG's suggestion and Dust's about attempting to pop! that lil sucker outa her container and transplant her really worrys me since she is only 12 days old... I figure at this stage if I do that I will definitely loose a good half maybe 2/3's of the root ball and likewise mite as well chop off quit a bit of the top anyways because it will just suck energy from it after the transplant to rebound and it will die anyways.... and hence my cloning any good branch off her before the trans plant.... plz lemme know what u guys think of this theory....

Anyways today I took 4 prime looking small branches and I mean small... and cut em down where there were leafs and dipped them into clonning powder and into the home made ghetto fantastic bubble cloner! which consist's of a walmart fist tank pump a 3 way mini fish tank air-hose spliter and a few feet of hose.... plus an uber fat air stone from the hydro store.... 7.99... found this one on the side of the road in a larger cloner.... so was free to me!! and hence the name of the thread budget grow gogo!!

anyways onto the pictures! she is really looking ruff.... I hope I can transplant her intime to save her....

post-12705-0-64589900-1375599179.jpg

post-12705-0-92999200-1375599218.jpg

post-12705-0-46628600-1375599244.jpg

post-12705-0-47847300-1375599277.jpg

post-12705-0-91221900-1375599333.jpg

• Like 2

hi man, well yeah there is a little risk of loosing a few roots in the transplant process, but could also go very easily ^^ If you soak the ball in a big bucket of water at 22 23° the soil almost goes off of the root ball alone, and with almost no damage, to replace it in the soil is more tricky but you don't need to get it all away, maybe wait and see if the extra holes help you with the drying, and break the soil surface with a fork or wooden pike to help it aerate in durface at least, the rest will follow ^^

Good luck

• Like 1

exellent... never even thought of soaking the root ball..... I have dug up a mother before and switched to bubble bucket from dirt... just to keep it alive long enfough to get rooted clonse.... actualy worked real well plant grew soo tall I had to axe it because I had no room for it in my closet =P I will give the trans plant a shot today.....

• Like 2

day 15....

after contemplating the dirt purchase for a few days too long I decided to go ahead with it... well atleast dust's idea of soaking her in a warm water bath.... before I did this I noticed what I beleive are thripes comming outa the dirt... and this prompted me to act now... like I shoulda done days ago.... sorry to show you all in such detail my plant abuse -_- anyways I mixed up a nice solution of spinosad in the warm water bath to give them little buggers a taste of what it feels like to be messing with someones emotions so harsh like.... eating my plant.... >_< anyways after about an hour bent over my tub dunking her in and outa the solution and seperating the perlite out as well as I can.... I came to the conclusion this is why I hate dirt so much... it gets everywhere and it does not evaporate.... so after much though I decided to wing it and slap her into the bubble bucket/cloner along with the other clones... I have done this in the past with sub par results... kept it alive long enfough to clone out and grow babys to secure the genetics..... I could just not bear the idea of spending money for dirt that would just wind up making my whole house a mess.... anyways onto the pictures!

post-12705-0-74356100-1375841113.jpg

post-12705-0-17579100-1375841129.jpg

post-12705-0-17871500-1375841149.jpg

post-12705-0-88931900-1375841176.jpg

post-12705-0-97387400-1375841207.jpg

hehe no worry for all the pics man, we like it this way!! :D

I hope the lady will like the new place and not stress too much! I read you say warm i hope you didn't put too warm for her it wouldn't be very good neither ;)

But we shall soon how she reacts :)

Have a good grow and best of luck

• 3 weeks later...

Ahoy brother.

Well done on rooting that 1 so long. I'm sure the others will follow shortly. I'm glad you pulled the plant down a bit and I can see a big differance between when you started and now. If I may add my 2c, why not take a piece of wire and bend it like a hook and attach a weight to it. Then hook it over the plant by the main cola so that it pulls the top down a bit. That way you can keep her away from the light and not burn her.

That bubbler is quite cool. Its something I'm looking into as well for the future. But more for a side project. Hydro has been lingering in my head for a few years now but for some reason I just haven't attemted it yet.

And like Dust said :

" no worry for all the pics man, we like it this way! ", I also enjoy lots of pics.

Love and Light

• Like 2