Budget CFL grow gogogo!!!

the first pic is blurry but i am trying to show off the new leaves!

I am just blown away watching the plant re adjust to its new tilt lololol... trimmed a few deadish leaves and cut off the burnt top... tried to do it halfway through the node to see if it will grow 2 tops instead of 1 =) just trying to have some fun with her.

post-12705-0-50295600-1377372569.jpg

post-12705-0-33709400-1377372703.jpg

post-12705-0-76361800-1377372740.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am so sorry to have to show u guys these plant abuse photo's..... I was recently involved in a bicycle accident and just completely shattered my wrist... got a titanium plate and multiple screws holding my wrist together now... kinda put a hold on everything in my life...

Lord willing the cannabis plant will deal with more abuse than one person alone can throw at it!!

so today I went finaly to check the heavy metal levels in the growing solution I got her in.... was looking dismal to say the least... the PPM was reading 37 parts per MILLION! so even cleaner than my city tap water... it comes out at 77... no wonder she was showing some stresses.... ie brown leafes... yellow leafs.... and so on... so I went to the far edge and took some water from my fish tank... dirty water... and dumped it into the 5 gallon bucket about 8 cups worth... the PPM went from 37 to 49... and as I write this she is chilling in that 49ppm water.... kinda curiose if dirty fish water can feed a plant.... in hydro.... any input would be much enjoyed... I am tempted to toss a bit of nutes in there via commercial nutes... I'll wate to see what u guys suggest.. now for the pictures.

post-12705-0-24284000-1379744302.jpg

post-12705-0-28252000-1379744363.jpg

post-12705-0-48584400-1379744392.jpg

post-12705-0-56419200-1379744419.jpg

• Like 1

Fish tank water is good for your plants bro. Its basically a small form of aquaponics. So basically your giving them "compost tea". I've read about fish tank water and feeding plants with it and all the studies show great results. I don't have fish otherwise I would do it on a regular basis.

I'm still pretty noob when it comes to ppm's and shit. Sorry to hear about your accident man. I hope it heals quick so that your hands can get dirty again. LoL

thank you pete!

the PPms means parts per million of dissolved heavy metals. IE when water evaporates and leaves salt like reside that is white and really hard to scrape off something.... kinda like water drops on a car after you wash it... the "water drops" are heavy minerals left behind when the H20 aka water evaporates... heavy metal aka the name is heavy and wont drift away with the steam or vapor.

Awe thanx blue, for that info.

How do you measure the ppm's of water ??? Special meter ???

I have never measured mine and its something I have worried a bit for a long time now. I try not to stir shit with things I don't know, and I believe out of sight , out of mind, LoL, but I guess its something that has to be adressed at some point

yeah usually most of the EC meters can also display ppm :)

Bluesky sorry for your accident man! Hope you will get back on your full health quickly :)

Meanwhile good to see the plant didn't die while this happened! Like Pete said the aquarium water will indeed feed your plant a little, some people use completly close cycles that run in aquarium and some kind of aquaponic or aeroponic it depends, you might even find an article about it on the forum ;)

Best of luck to your lady!

Have a good grow and good healing!

after about 2 hours of tieing the plant down with fishing line(to the 2x3's with nails) and only being half done with her I gave up and cut em all and just started bending stems like kyle kushman.... I bent every stem but one that actualy broke and I only did this to the branches not the main trunk... the main truck has been in training since I switched her from dirt to bubble bucket.

first pic is of the failed board weight tie down system and the second is a before bending photo.

post-12705-0-72911300-1380348810.jpg

post-12705-0-45802300-1380348907.jpg

first pic is of her rite after I bent her. I went like bend this way then that then this way then that until the stalk was malleable then once it was weak I tried to set it to the posistion I wanted....

second is of her trying to get a view of the trunk so u can see the bends I made.

the last pic is of her after I bent her and lowered the lamp.... mite lower it a bit more I wanna bend the plant flat so I can get the best coverage with my weak cfls.... plan on flowering her soon as she takes up the new shape.

post-12705-0-09858800-1380349112.jpg

post-12705-0-84873600-1380349136.jpg

post-12705-0-05260400-1380349201.jpg

• Like 2

very happy to see her curling back up to the light which means I did not over feed her orr abuse her toooo much during the most recent training session.... still waiting to see how the 1 broken brank bounces back... I am quite amazed at how fast everything else has grow verticle to the lamp... when I bent her she was completely flat and now she looks like a U shape!

The plant is really getting her Green color back from all the negect I put her through recently... seems the general hydroponics nutes green part and red part 2/1 plus a bit of lemon juice to bring down the PH did the trick for her.... pretty surprised she is bouncing back so quick after the lack of food stress and then the bending hehe. will upload pics soon as I can locate camera.

enjoying the show of this plant racing back to life.... the first pic is of a neat looking growth patern I bent the branch down it countered by growing up then I fed it a nice fat dose of food and it sprang up and left a S curve from the previouse growth lolol

the plant is really exploading with new green and length!! looks like I will have to build a larger cfl lamp if I wanna get good light coverage because its just too big at this point for the one I am useing....

I bumped the nutes way up from the fish tanks 77ppm to around 358 yesterday and today I checked it and she has already consumed 50ppms the numbers down to 308.... so I assume the ph is close enfough to rite on..... kinda worried about the damage I did bending her mite get some infections the cracks seem to not be sealing up just yet.... but time will tell.

any input would b appreciated!!

post-12705-0-48034800-1380668085.jpg

post-12705-0-05715200-1380668104.jpg

post-12705-0-19899100-1380668169.jpg

post-12705-0-19354900-1380668192.jpg

• Like 1

She has been in a vegative state for a little over 2 months now and this is the reason that her stem has blown up so thick.... if I was feeding her lots of food over these last two months she woulda prolly out grown her box but I have been just keeping her alive almost like in a suspended state of animation.... its not the best choice.... but I am interested in how clean she can get the water with out dieing... so far I have seen a cannabis plant make the bubble bucket water almost as clean as a reverse osmosis system..... and it did this buy growing and drinking the heavy metals... pretty crazy I never seen water so clean as in the bottom of one of these buckets mineral wise if u just let the plant drink the metals dry it will get to 17ppm from what I have see.... my tap is 77... so much cleaner than my tap... that is sad to say.

little baby blue has been under 12/12 now for at least two nights.

she is exploding so fast that I had to hook up a T8 lamp to cover the top few branches. I also hooked up a LED lamp I had laying around to see if it would help boost some side leaves that are not getting much from the CFL.

She is getting so thick I am wondering if a small pruning mite be in order.... what do u guys think? tempted to clear off alot of the smaller leafs/branches to let air flow get back to good.... it has a fan rite on it but she is so thick the air barley gets to the other side....

on to the pictures.

post-12705-0-74239100-1380943636.jpg

post-12705-0-49991000-1380943675.jpg

post-12705-0-41872800-1380943703.jpg

post-12705-0-46475100-1380943785.jpg

post-12705-0-38873300-1380943846.jpg

Baby blue has been eating her heavy metal soup like its going outa style... it went from 308 to well bellow 200 like 178 or somewhere around there when I checked it last night. She also drank almost half of the 5 gallons of water up in just a few days. I juiced her up with fresh water and 2/1 green/red general hydroponic nutrient and a splash of lemon juice to bring the ph into the zone... I checked the ppms afterwards and they are just under 400ppms... been doing some reading and it looks like I need a good 35-40 clf's to get to around the same lumens as a HID 400 watt metal halide.... anyone ever seen such a lamp?

also here is a picture of her sleeping soundly =P

post-12705-0-13835100-1381057284.jpg

• Like 1

Hey ma cool looking training. I don't mean to sound like a dick tho but i thought i would point out that your plant seem's to be displaying symptom's of a Magnesium deficiency the super dark purple stem's the way the leaf's are yellowing and turning crisp like that you need to preform a flush and then hit the plant with a nice dose of cal mag. stem's sometime' have a small amount of purple but when the purple is thick and cover's the hole stem like that the deficiency is pretty advanced by that point. you can look up pic's on google to see what i'm talking about. anyways bro good luck !!!

• Like 1