a novice

armani0311

hello man welcome on the board, personally i don't like to trim the leaves too much during the veg period except if there is reaaaally too much and no light going through, and yet it's not even sure i wuld touch them ^^ I prefer too wait for the flowering to be more advanced to start trimming the leaves, after 3 4 weeks of flowering is when i start if some leaves are hiding too much light.

but well, it's al personal choicce, some people like to trim all the fan leaves during all the growth time, look for defoliating techniques you will see some infos, some like to lolipop, some wut the top. it's all about what you want ;)

good luck man don't hesitate to open a journal for her ;)

• Like 1

i trim shade leaves off, especially if youre doing a scrog, but choosing what leaves to prune off.. i pluck where you get 2 branches forming a Y in the stem. The leaves right at the Y junction. As those colas start to grow those leaves wont be needed, i leave the top ones on though.

as the plants start to spread out, trimming all the leaf on the under side of your screen will help air circulation around the base of the plant, also helps more colas reach the canopy, which means more yield

for the main colas i leave the top 4-5 leaves on to help soak up the light, but as they spread out they will eventually go.

also with scrog your probably going to be bending them under the screen every 3-4 days as they grow upwards, so this is a perfect time to clean all those leaves out, it will also help promote the growth to the colas giving you a faster veg time.

when you turn the plants back to flower.. they will go mental, about 3 times the size by the time they finish flowering, they will do most of their stretching in the first 2-3 weeks, doubling in size at least, depending on strain. So during these weeks you can keep bending them under the mesh, but at this stage you should only trim out any leaf that may be blocking light to an upcoming cola, so youll need to think about that. Fill the mesh about 1/2-3/4's full, then flower, the stretch should/will fill out the rest.

remember, plants feed from nutes, buds feed from leaves, so completely stripping the plants isnt a good a thing..

light will only penetrate the canopy about 40-45cms so really anything below that you can probably trim out to promote growth to the top and help air to circulate. I tend to leave the bud bits there and use those for hash when i trim the main buds out ..with that said.. try and keep the plants as low as possible to maximize yield

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...