What Should I Train For ???

Stinky Pete

Hey Guys.

I have a question regarding training plants. Since the 1st time I tried training, I never looked back. And with indoor growing , your are "limited" to a point. So I always trained my plants to bushy as fuck with as much bud sites as possible.

But now that I am putting on my garden clothes and trying my hand at outdoor, I started thinking.

Should I follow the same path as indoor and try for as many bud sites as possible or should I aim for a few strong growing sites and only focus on getting them FAT ???

Attached is my mother Querkell (hoping) and she has been in a micro cab for few months. I only topped and this one, and my question is the following:

Do I keep on making it more and more bushy while outdoor???

depends on your situation, of course the more tops the more buds.

if you got height restrictions.. like your neighbours saying, holy fuk hes got a 19foot plant next door maybe we should call the pigs, then you might want to tie them down to keep them short and out of sight

but i would say tying down would definitely be the go in most situations for home growing, if only to keep them out of sight.

but if youve got 1000 plants out in the bush.. then tying every one down would probably be too much work.

• Like 1

If I had space for a 1000 plants bro I would be a happy chap.

They can't get to big but height isn't all that a worry for me. Sure I don't want neighbours to spot them but that is kinda impossible cause my whole yard is protected with trees and bushes. Unless they peek over I don't worry.

Maybe I should make a bushy fucker out of 1 and other 1 more focussed on certain amounts of main colas.

Can't wait for season to start

It's a win/win training :) Just gotta find out what you light and what your goals are as far as how the plant is gonna grow!

You control that! It's your art :D My first run I went for as many tops as possible indoor by FIMing and Topping and LST, and I ended up with about 28 tops on a white widow, but all those tops were very mediocre in terms of size. So second run I switch it up and top early only once, and trained for main colas. I yeilded almost as good with plants on 12/12 as I did with 5wk vegged plants when I tried what I call "cola farming". Long story short, it's the only way I'll grow now but cola farming and super cropping :)

But for your question as to why should you train your plant? You should train it if you want to yield more or control the way the plan grows :D

Just my 2 cents :D Bless ya brother

• Like 1

Well. My aim is to get as big a yield as possible, but I don't enjoy trimming that much. Unless I get 1 of those aarvark trimming tools.

All of the plants will be in 25L pots. Some square and some round. The querkell is definately going in a square pot. I have noticed that this 1 has an adventurous root system. She puts out roots like crazy.

And when flowering starts, do I trim away any lower growth to incourage big buds or do I just let them "go" ???

Nice :D

And being and indoor guy I don't harvest as much as you lol, so trimming isn't too bad on me for the most part.

But I can understand why you don't like it hahah! I'd have to be medicated the ENTIRE TIME trimming pounds! And would still be bitching I'm sure haha!

But the word is that the square pots are nice :D And the bigger the pot, the bigger the yield is pretty much a standard.

Don't trim away lower leaves if your asking me. I'd just let the plant pick and choose what stays and goes. When you watch the plants daily you really see how the do this :)

It's pretty cool I think. Like the lower leaves always eventually die, but if you pay close enough attention you can see the plant getting is getting rid of leaves that might be blocking buds from light exposure, or are no longer needed as time passes.

I guess after they stop producing for the plant as much as the plant requires, it sheds the leaf so that it's not sapping it's energy to stay alive.

In my opinion, while growing the plant in veg and going into flower, you want as many leaves as you can possibly have.

More leaves means more production for the plants at the end of the day.

Outdoor there's absolutely no reason for trimming leaves. Not 1. Maybe if you were having issues with mold outdoor yeah...Otherwise, there shouldn't be a reason.

Just my opinion tho bossman!

Lots of ppl start training and vegging indoor and then move it outdoor so it's ready to grow outdoor as it would indoor :)

I think that's your best bet :D

Bless brother

edit- youtube the weednerd and look how Subcool Grows his stuff from TGA :D Think his methods are spot on.

• Like 1

Hey Bozick

It all depends on what you want your final outcome to be.

I germ and veg indoor until the outdoor weather becomes better cause we are in winter now and my ladies will be going out in 2 months.

If you want a B I G plant I'll recommend veging indoor untill the time comes for it to go outdoor. But no, veging indoor 1st isn't a must

• Like 1