Feminized seed from breeding a male and female from feminized seed?

tomatos

ok so a while back I did a cross breed when one of my nirvana bubbleicous feminized autoflower seeds wound up being a male.. the cross produced 100 mature seeds so far over 20 have gone in the ground and all have produced females and no hermys.. is it possible that all my seeds could end up female? or have I just been lucky so far?

its just odd and it got me thinking..

no it was a male and female.. but the male came from "feminized" seed and he was no hermi for sure.. it just seems so strange that there hasn't been one male.. Ive been hopping for a male but none yet.. I may have to self one of my girls if this keeps up..

• Like 1

na if you got a full male from a self seeded female then it will be a proper male, and should get some staminate seeds surely, maybe the %'s of male to female might be more towards the female.

but everything ive ever done like that has produced males, females and hermies... so...

after all its the hermie gene trying to seed itself to carry on because it thinks its going to die due to stress, so most likely will produce more females or hermies than males.. as even if the seeds are all female or hermie, it will do the same thing to carry on the next gen, where as a male cant seed itself, well ive never heard of a male self seeding.

but with a proper male and female, youd thing it would be some where around 50/50

• 1 month later...

I don't know if it was luck but I have stressed a female clone to produce only male flowers. I have grown the same genetics from a mother plant for years and never had any signs of hermy's. I played around with the light cycle make it the opposite to what I should do I gave it 12/12 for a few days then 22/24 for a few weeks then back to 12/12 then I put it out side it full sun then bam male flowers. I then pollinated one of the clones taken from the same mother plant and I have only ever germinated female from that seed stock with the same growth rate an yield as the original seed stock from Serious seeds.

Like I said I might of just got lucky :pickeat:

thats not luck, thats one way to make feminized seeds.

i found this technique out years ago when i had a light timer not turning off at the set time and staying on. started noticing male flowers.. or banana leaves/flowers, cuz they kinda look like a banana.

in SOMA's book .. 'Organic Marijuana SOMA Style' he has a chapter dedicated to this technique, explaining pretty much how youve done it.

by collecting the pollen from these flowers and crossing it with another strain you get a cross of that strain, feminized.

he goes into it a bit more than just that, but its pretty much the same thing as youve done.

other way ive noticed this happening was cloning from a clone or what they call 'serial cloning' as opposed to keeping a mother plant.

the genetics get weakened the more times you clone and most strains, not all, will start to spit these 'banana leaves' here and there on the main buds. sometimes youll get a mature seed sometimes not, but the seeds should be mostly female, nothing is ever 100% female, various techniques grant higher % of female.

youll start seeing a few more each crop, ive grown these seeds and theyre mostly female aswel.

some more experienced breeders might be able to go into a bit deeper.

• 2 months later...